+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Officer Gave AIP Then Changed His Mind - Has Anyone Else Experienced This?

JohnCana123

Star Member
May 15, 2019
We received our GCMS notes and something strange happened with our file according to the notes . The second most recent note from the officer said “Based on the documentation submitted I am satisfied that the relationship is genuine and that the sponsor and PA are cohabiting in Canada. PA Eligibility: passed”. Then they discuss admissibility review and say they are still waiting for additional documents before a decision can be made regarding admissibility.

However, the next note by the same officer says “PA Eligibility Review - After further review, an interview is warranted. No additional documents requested. PA Eligibility Decision: in Progress” Then they say again that they are waiting for documents for admissibility decision. The final part of the note says “Final case decision: file transfer required. Case pending receipt of requested information.“

This is very confusing for us. I’m wondering if anyone experienced the same in their GCMS notes/ application where an officer basically gave AIP then changed their mind and if so what was your outcome?

Charleswin33

Dec 23, 2020
When did u send in your application? And I think they want to give u a landing interview otherwise it has to be regarding the genuiness of ur relationship.

JohnCana123

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Sent it in December 2019 and it was transferred to Etobicoke in December 2020. It’s just weird to me that they decided the relationship was genuine and then seem to have changed their mind.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
We received our GCMS notes and something strange happened with our file according to the notes . The second most recent note from the officer said “Based on the documentation submitted I am satisfied that the relationship is genuine and that the sponsor and PA are cohabiting in Canada. PA Eligibility: passed”. Then they discuss admissibility review and say they are still waiting for additional documents before a decision can be made regarding admissibility.

However, the next note by the same officer says “PA Eligibility Review - After further review, an interview is warranted. No additional documents requested. PA Eligibility Decision: in Progress” Then they say again that they are waiting for documents for admissibility decision. The final part of the note says “Final case decision: file transfer required. Case pending receipt of requested information.“

This is very confusing for us. I’m wondering if anyone experienced the same in their GCMS notes/ application where an officer basically gave AIP then changed their mind and if so what was your outcome?
Looks like an admissibility issue or concern caused them to change their mind on eligibility.