+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Offer to Move to Canada before medical expiry

rad1234

Jun 26, 2019
I received an email from IRCC this week asking me to confirm if I am able to travel before my medical expires on June 3,2021. I don’t want to travel due to COVID and I am worried my PR will get cancelled if I don’t respond. Did anyone else receive the email and what was your understanding?

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Could you provide a bit more information of your background? Just curious. Thank you.

Ann7676

Star Member
Aug 1, 2020
I received an email from IRCC this week asking me to confirm if I am able to travel before my medical expires on June 3,2021. I don’t want to travel due to COVID and I am worried my PR will get cancelled if I don’t respond. Did anyone else receive the email and what was your understanding?
Was your copr issued before or after March 18?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Either you travel before that date, or they extend your medicals, or you have to do a remedical if you say you can't travel to Canada.

I don't think you are at risk of losing your COPR.

Honestly, why don't you just soft land and go back? It's so much easier. You have about 5 months for things to get better in Canada.

Reactions: Ojay1

rad1234

Jun 26, 2019
Either you travel before that date, or they extend your medicals, or you have to do a remedical if you say you can't travel to Canada.

I don't think you are at risk of losing your COPR.

Honestly, why don't you just soft land and go back? It's so much easier. You have about 5 months for things to get better in Canada.
Thank you for your feedback. No soft landing is permitted at this time and I will need to quarantine for 14 days at my own expense. The risk of travel is something I am not sure I want to take so just wanting to understand if I will risk losing my COPR. It sounds like it’s not so thank you!

rad1234

Jun 26, 2019
Yes - here is the email I received

Our records at Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) indicate that:

• Your permanent residence application was approved.
  • The date of issue on the confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) document that was sent to you and your family members, if applicable is on or before March 18, 2020.
  • You and your family members, if applicable, have not used your CoPR to enter Canada.
  • The validity date on your CoPR (i.e. the date by which you needed to travel to Canada) has passed and your document has therefore expired.
  • Based on your specific case details and as an exceptional response to COVID-19, IRCC was able to extend your medical exam validity; your medicals now expire on June 3, 2021.
IRCC wants to confirm that:
  • You still want to travel to Canada to become a new permanent resident; please note that IRCC is not asking you to purchase a plane ticket.
  • You are ready, willing, and able to travel before the current expiry date of your medical exams, in your case, June 3, 2021. This validity may not be further extended, without you re-doing all immigration medical exam(s) and covering the cost for them.
  • You are ready, willing, and able to travel to Canada on a valid passport by June 3, 2021.
  • There are no COVID-19 restrictions to prevent you from leaving your country.
  • There is a travel route with zero or one transfer that you can use to get to Canada and that is currently operating.
  • Your plan is to stay in Canada permanently.
  • You are able to arrange and cover the costs to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in Canada.
If you fulfill all the conditions above, please reply to this email at ircc.in-rroc-corr-ri.ircc@cic.gc.ca within 10 days and answer the questions using the response letter template below to help us better understand your situation.
Please respond to this email ONLY if you are sure that you could travel to Canada soon.
Please note that if new travel documents are issued to you, IRCC will send you a letter that will be valid for up to 60 days (but not exceeding your medical or passport validity), and it may not be possible for IRCC to issue you with another extension.

IRCC will endeavour to respond to you within four weeks.

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Was your copr issued before or after March 18?

rad1234

Jun 26, 2019
Could you provide a bit more information of your background? Just curious. Thank you.
I have pasted my letter below. I was issued COPR before March, 2019 and I wrote to them that I am unable to travel due to pandemic. I received the below email this week and not sure if I should reply and ask for extension or not reply at all since I am not ready to travel.

Our records at Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) indicate that:

• Your permanent residence application was approved.
  • The date of issue on the confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) document that was sent to you and your family members, if applicable is on or before March 18, 2020.
  • You and your family members, if applicable, have not used your CoPR to enter Canada.
  • The validity date on your CoPR (i.e. the date by which you needed to travel to Canada) has passed and your document has therefore expired.
  • Based on your specific case details and as an exceptional response to COVID-19, IRCC was able to extend your medical exam validity; your medicals now expire on June 3, 2021.
IRCC wants to confirm that:
  • You still want to travel to Canada to become a new permanent resident; please note that IRCC is not asking you to purchase a plane ticket.
  • You are ready, willing, and able to travel before the current expiry date of your medical exams, in your case, June 3, 2021. This validity may not be further extended, without you re-doing all immigration medical exam(s) and covering the cost for them.
  • You are ready, willing, and able to travel to Canada on a valid passport by June 3, 2021.
  • There are no COVID-19 restrictions to prevent you from leaving your country.
  • There is a travel route with zero or one transfer that you can use to get to Canada and that is currently operating.
  • Your plan is to stay in Canada permanently.
  • You are able to arrange and cover the costs to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in Canada.
If you fulfill all the conditions above, please reply to this email at ircc.in-rroc-corr-ri.ircc@cic.gc.ca within 10 days and answer the questions using the response letter template below to help us better understand your situation.
Please respond to this email ONLY if you are sure that you could travel to Canada soon.
Please note that if new travel documents are issued to you, IRCC will send you a letter that will be valid for up to 60 days (but not exceeding your medical or passport validity), and it may not be possible for IRCC to issue you with another extension.

IRCC will endeavour to respond to you within four weeks.

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Reactions: joconstantine