+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Offer letter validity for PR

Kumar93

Jan 3, 2023
Hi everyone, I have a question regarding offer letter validity date for PR applications.
For example if my company issues an offer letter (LMIA exempt, with details such as, job duties, pay, started from so and so date, has been a permanent employee) that mentions an end date as May, 2024 instead of mentioning that they will continue to employ me for 1 year after getting PR status (as per CIC format), and If I submit my PR application in May 2023 (exactly 1 year before), will it be still considered as a valid job offer as by the time the application gets reviewed it will be less than 1 year? or they consider it as valid based on the date we submit the application? Please clarify. Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone, I have a question regarding offer letter validity date for PR applications.
For example if my company issues an offer letter (LMIA exempt, with details such as, job duties, pay, started from so and so date, has been a permanent employee) that mentions an end date as May, 2024 instead of mentioning that they will continue to employ me for 1 year after getting PR status (as per CIC format), and If I submit my PR application in May 2023 (exactly 1 year before), will it be still considered as a valid job offer as by the time the application gets reviewed it will be less than 1 year? or they consider it as valid based on the date we submit the application? Please clarify. Thanks.
IRCC wants to see a letter that states your company will continue to employ you for a year after PR. If the letter has an end date of May 2024 and you submit the application May 2023, that is not 1 year after you get PR.

Kumar93

Jan 3, 2023
IRCC wants to see a letter that states your company will continue to employ you for a year after PR. If the letter has an end date of May 2024 and you submit the application May 2023, that is not 1 year after you get PR.
Thanks for the response. What if the employer mentions a later end date such as December 2024 and If I submit in May/June 2023 so that it covers 18 months?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for the response. What if the employer mentions a later end date such as December 2024 and If I submit in May/June 2023 so that it covers 18 months?
The letter should say one year after PR. Anything other than that puts you at some risk of PR being refused. PR processing can easily take more than six month.

Reactions: hello2020

Kumar93

Jan 3, 2023
Hi everyone, did anyone get PR recently, by providing an offer letter without the 1 year clause in the letter (but has some specific end date) as I mentioned above? If yes, can you provide what additional docs/steps have been used? please help.

asai

Dec 28, 2021
Dear Kumar,

I am new to this portal and trying to find some help. I am on the similar situation like you. looking for a job offer letter format for the 1 year clause

Last edited:

Kumar93

Jan 3, 2023
Dear Kumar,

I am new to this portal and trying to find some help. I am on the similar situation like you. looking for a job offer letter format for the 1 year clause
Hi asai, I'm still waiting if someone got the PR without 1 year clause in their offer letter. No one confirmed me on this yet.

Abbas tayefeh

Oct 7, 2023
Hi my friends
I am outside canada and I got a job offer last year which was based on LMIA and then I claimed 50 extra points in express entry system

Then by these 50 extra points,I got an ITA under FSW in express entry

and now I’m waiting for both close work permit visa and PR visa
My eligibility has been passed and just my background check is in progress in pr application.

in my employment offer it hasn’t written this job offer is valid for at least 1 year after getting PR . It has just written that it is a full time, permanent position.

And in my lmia it has just written that duration of employment is 2 years

And also in my contract it has said that it is a position as full time basis.

I want to know if my 50 extra points is right or not?
Will my pr visa be rejected?