+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Offer deactivated for missed tuition deposit deadline for Humber College!

Stick

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
My friend forgot to pay the tuition deposit and missed the deadline. His offer was deactivated the next date and that is how he knew. He still went ahead and paid and asked for reconsideration. He is freaking out because he already got the study visa approval and booked his flight for September 2022 intake. Has anyone ever had this experience?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My friend forgot to pay the tuition deposit and missed the deadline. His offer was deactivated the next date and that is how he knew. He still went ahead and paid and asked for reconsideration. He is freaking out because he already got the study visa approval and booked his flight for September 2022 intake. Has anyone ever had this experience?
We can't help you. You need to contact the school. They may give you your spot back or they may have already given it to someone else. I would contact the school asap.

Reactions: Stick

Stick

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
He contacted the school already asap and wrote emails as directed. Hoping for the best for him.

Reactions: scylla

sihan

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
He contacted the school already asap and wrote emails as directed. Hoping for the best for him.
Why would your friend wait until the last possible second or already after the last possible second to make his semester payments?
Considering that he already made his flight booking, shouldn't you reserve ur air ticket only after u made all possible arrangements?

If the school had withdrawn his offer, then there goes his visa as well.
This is really one hell of an own goal if ya ask me.

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
Why would your friend wait until the last possible second or already after the last possible second to make his semester payments?
Considering that he already made his flight booking, shouldn't you reserve ur air ticket only after u made all possible arrangements?

If the school had withdrawn his offer, then there goes his visa as well.
This is really one hell of an own goal if ya ask me.
You would be surprised, a lot of applicants have no clue about their application and are helped by others or agents. This could be that perfect example as you see that person has asked someone else to post on their behalf. I really don't understand how one can forget to pay fees and do everything else.

Stick

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
What people fail to understand on this site is that people are humans and humans do make mistakes. For those who have never made a mistake, I tip my hat off to you.
He gave the money to pay on his behalf because he was having trouble paying from his home country. Plus there was a June deadline on his pro forma invoice and not May.

Stick

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
However, domestic and international have different deadlines, so that was 1 of the problems.

Stick

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
If they don’t reactive it, then he will be redirected to something better…a loss is never a loss, it is a lesson to do better next time and teach others.

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
What people fail to understand on this site is that people are humans and humans do make mistakes. For those who have never made a mistake, I tip my hat off to you.
He gave the money to pay on his behalf because he was having trouble paying from his home country. Plus there was a June deadline on his pro forma invoice and not May.
Hey didn't mean to offend. I am helping one of my friend as well with his application as he really was struggling to keep up with the process. Nothing wrong with it but he keeps his own follow-up as well and asks me questions.

I was just highlighting the fact of how important it is to not just trust someone and be the owner of key timelines in the application as if something goes wrong it is the applicant that suffers and no one else.

sihan

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
You would be surprised, a lot of applicants have no clue about their application and are helped by others or agents. This could be that perfect example as you see that person has asked someone else to post on their behalf. I really don't understand how one can forget to pay fees and do everything else.
Well, that explains it when you apply by proxy.

But the ironic thing here, is that you expect to get quality service since you are paying for it, and yet the agency can be that much of a screw up to actually miss the semester payment deadline.

Why depend on others when its much easier and cheaper to just DIY?

Stick

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Notice the question that was asked “Have anyone ever had this experience?” The idea is to share solutions and stop being devoid of empathy. You will never know where your problems will come from, so try not to only be judgemental. Smh

Stick

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Hey didn't mean to offend. I am helping one of my friend as well with his application as he really was struggling to keep up with the process. Nothing wrong with it but he keeps his own follow-up as well and asks me questions.

I was just highlighting the fact of how important it is to not just trust someone and be the owner of key timelines in the application as if something goes wrong it is the applicant that suffers and no one else.
Thank you for that. This is what I mean by empathy. I was helping too and got distracted by work. Plus the process is not always clear to international students.

Stick

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Well, that explains it when you apply by proxy.

But the ironic thing here, is that you expect to get quality service since you are paying for it, and yet the agency can be that much of a screw up to actually miss the semester payment deadline.

Why depend on others when its much easier and cheaper to just DIY?
For some people, understanding the process on their own can be difficult, especially when English is not your first language.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If they don’t reactive it, then he will be redirected to something better…a loss is never a loss, it is a lesson to do better next time and teach others.
FYI - if the school won't agree to reactivate him and he decides to still study in Canada but change schools, he will need to apply for a brand new study permit.