+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Offence (false job offer)

rajkr09

Jan 3, 2011
Hi All,

I applied for New zealand residence permit couple of years back with a job offer assisted and got through a job consultant. Later i found out the job consultant gave me a false one and then i informed the New zealand embassy to remove the job offer from the application. After few months, my application result came as i submitted a ingenuine or false job offer and they put on the list of not a good character. I collected all the evidence and submitted through one of the NZ immigration lawyer where my residence application is still in the processing.

I now want to know whether i should say "Yes" or "no" to "been convicted or party of the Crime or offence" question in the Canadian Visa form. My Newzealand lawyer said it is definitaly "No". I want to double check with the experienced members here.

Kindly please let me know your opinion.

Thanks,
Raj

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I suggest you go on the Federal Skilled Worker forum and ask your question there. Seniors like Qorax, Leon, PMM and many others have many months of experience and may be able to help you. Good Luck.

maoist

Jul 18, 2009
your new zealander lawyer is right.
you worry too much.

conviction means you have been convicted in a court of law.
did the new zealand embassy charge you in court for the 'offense'?
what you did only affects your future application for any new zealand visas.
nobody else except you, your lawyer and the new zealand embassy know about this 'offense' and it is not a criminal offense.

rajkr09 said:
Hi All,

I applied for New zealand residence permit couple of years back with a job offer assisted and got through a job consultant. Later i found out the job consultant gave me a false one and then i informed the New zealand embassy to remove the job offer from the application. After few months, my application result came as i submitted a ingenuine or false job offer and they put on the list of not a good character. I collected all the evidence and submitted through one of the NZ immigration lawyer where my residence application is still in the processing.

I now want to know whether i should say "Yes" or "no" to "been convicted or party of the Crime or offence" question in the Canadian Visa form. My Newzealand lawyer said it is definitaly "No". I want to double check with the experienced members here.

Kindly please let me know your opinion.

Thanks,
Raj

rajkr09

Jan 3, 2011
I'm not convicted / charged for this offense. Visa officer had told me that if i dont send supporting information my residence permit will unlikely to be approved.

Thanks for your answer. I'm bit relieved now.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
maoist said:
you worry too much.

nobody else except you, your lawyer and the new zealand embassy know about this 'offense' and it is not a criminal offense.
But if I remember correctly, the visa application to Canada asks if the applicant has ever been refused a visa to enter another country. So, no conviction in this case, but a refusal.

TheDecision

Jan 10, 2011
maoist said:
you worry too much.

But is it better to inform for him to inform the Canadian embassy of this incident, even if he was not convicted? Somebody said that not declaring everything is also considered falsification and may result in refusal. This is difficult, either way whether he admits it or not, the Canadian Embassy will look at it negatively.