+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October applicants with no test invite

jazibkg

Apr 4, 2014
Just realized my PR card will expire in less than 10 months... maybe I need to be realistic and plan on renewing it if I still don’t get anything in the next 2-3 months
When exactly is it expiring? It should be enough time to get your Canadian passport by then I don't think you'd need to renew.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
but if you follow the spreadsheet and people that applied in October 2017 and even November 2017 have already got their oath invite and decision made. Not everyone but quite a few.
It all depends on the location ... if you look at those who haven't received test invite, you will find most of them are from the same 2 or 3 places..

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
but if you follow the spreadsheet and people that applied in October 2017 and even November 2017 have already got their oath invite and decision made. Not everyone but quite a few.
You also have to keep in mind that the spreadsheet is maybe like 1% of actual number of applicants ... too small of a sample to make any prediction or analytics on

julia0220

Nov 26, 2017

Application: Oct 24, 2018
AOR: November 26, 2018
In process: December 20,2018

Test email/info received: May 04, 2018

Test Date/ceremony: May 30, 2018

Prince George British Columbia

Reactions: Kan_Sri

glob

Oct 6, 2017
I applied on October 11th and my application is in process since early December in Mississauga office.
I ordered GCMS notes and received them about a month ago. The last update is "paper file transfer" in January and nothing since then.
Background checks, language etc. are "not started"

So I decided to call CIC today and after waiting for an hour reached an extremely - how to say it politely - uncooperative agent. He was asking me about my GCMS request and then started lecturing me for 15 minutes that they are very busy and that I should use online system to check my status.
I ended up WASTING my time and he didn't even bother looking my case up, although I explicitly asked him several time.
I hung up in the end because I was so frustrated.

glob

Oct 6, 2017
The only useful piece of information that I extracted - the agent mentioned that they update the online status on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

stewieg666

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
I applied on October 11th and my application is in process since early December in Mississauga office.
I ordered GCMS notes and received them about a month ago. The last update is "paper file transfer" in January and nothing since then.

So I decided to call CIC today and after waiting for an hour reached an extremely - how to say it politely - uncooperative agent. He was asking me about my GCMS request and then started lecturing me for 15 minutes that they are very busy and that I should use online system to check my status.
I ended up WASTING my time and he didn't even bother looking my case up, although I explicitly asked him several time.
that was some really frustrating experience

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012

Your time line is almost the same as mine... But I had better luck with the agents every time I called, nobody was that impatient ... anyway, my file has been 'in transit' for nearly 3 months as well, let's hope it doesn't stay that way for too long..

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
The only useful piece of information that I extracted - the agent mentioned that they update the online status on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
That may not even be entirely accurate - I checked my ECAS status every day during the time between AOR and IP, and my IP status was updated on a Saturday. But it could be the Sydney office updates it every day but local offices only update it on these 2 days...

zombiezombie

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
IP since January but nothing after that. Notes says Security Passed but no test invite ...
Might be because my processing office is Scarborough .. IDK