+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October applicants with no test invite

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ah, I see.
For simplicity, we assume Peel Region applicants would get test invite from Mississauga and City of Toronto, York Region, and Durham Region applicants would get from Scarborough visa office. However, there is not always the case as Peel region applicants have been getting test invites from Scarborough and vice-versa for City of Toronto, York Region, and Durham Region applicants. Also, Halton region applicants would go to Hamilton visa office.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Just realized my PR card will expire in less than 10 months... maybe I need to be realistic and plan on renewing it if I still don’t get anything in the next 2-3 months

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

FloydCan

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017
Another day of disappointment. One thing Mississauga is good at: consistency in keeping people's spirit in the dumps.

Last edited:

applicant361

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
Anyone else from Montreal still out there without a test? I am starting to get worried. Toronto seems to be slow, but it is more worrisone if you are from an area where most poeple have gone through.

kash_01

Apr 10, 2018
guys stop being worried. the timeline is 12 month and its not late yet. I applied on oct 18 and passed my test and interview on jan 25. since then my application is in process and no DM yet. they told me its in security clearance check. I know people who applied in jab passed their test in feb and they got their citizenship status last week! but nothing to worry about. cic doesn't process applications in order. its frustrating to wait but the more you bother yourself the longer it takes. just enjoy the summer for now. good luck to everyone.
Hi,
My understanding was that an applicant gets a test invite and interview ONLY after all the backgrounds checks are cleared.. To me it makes no sense to call a person for a test or an interview before BG are complete..
This is the new thing I learnt on this forum that BG continues even after test and interview.. This is painful!!!!:(:(
Are you sure your BGs are underway?? Did you order the GCMS?

sansnom

Mar 10, 2017
Hi,
My understanding was that an applicant gets a test invite and interview ONLY after all the backgrounds checks are cleared.. To me it makes no sense to call a person for a test or an interview before BG are complete..
This is the new thing I learnt on this forum that BG continues even after test and interview.. This is painful!!!!:(:(
Are you sure your BGs are underway?? Did you order the GCMS?
According to some posts, people may get test invitations before BG completes. However, a completed BG doesn't necessarily mean test invitation is coming. My BG was done on Nov 14th, file got transferred to Scarborough on Dec 13th; after then no activities showed on my GCMS notes. It seems nobody has been looked at my case after arriving at Scarborough. :confused:

kash_01

Apr 10, 2018
According to some posts, people may get test invitations before BG completes. However, a completed BG doesn't necessarily mean test invitation is coming. My BG was done on Nov 14th, file got transferred to Scarborough on Dec 13th; after then no activities showed on my GCMS notes. It seems nobody has been looked at my case after arriving at Scarborough. :confused:
I can imagine your frustration, anxiety and stress . Hope you get the Oath call soon... Good luck and thanks for clarifying...

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
What? All 3 coworkers of mine (we all apply from Downtown Toronto) whose files got transferred to Scarborough had finished exam 2 weeks ago , while my file has been “in transit” to Mississauga since February...

lilzz

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Montreal
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-08-2014
AOR Received.
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
05-06-2015 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
none - Visa Exempt Country
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2015
LANDED..........
25-07-2015
Anyone else from Montreal still out there without a test? I am starting to get worried. Toronto seems to be slow, but it is more worrisone if you are from an area where most poeple have gone through.
I'm here! I almost stopped waiting at this point, it's been more than six months since CIC received my application and I've got nothing but an AOR from them. Just accepted that I'll be one of the few whose application actually takes 12 months to be processed :(

Ashnik

Sep 17, 2014
I'm here! I almost stopped waiting at this point, it's been more than six months since CIC received my application and I've got nothing but an AOR from them. Just accepted that I'll be one of the few whose application actually takes 12 months to be processed :(
My application is also in process from Jan 21st, 2018 and I'm from Montreal. I haven't been asked for any additional docs.

xmaster82

Dec 1, 2014
looks like, it will easily breach the 1 year SLA . With summer always been slow on processing side (because of holidays/vacations and IRCC reduced capacity), it could easily take up to 18 months + for the entire process to complete at the current pace.

victoras88

Oct 25, 2017
Please update mine = decision made + location = Missisagua
Ill check if I got the letter when i get home, I hope is the oath letter invitation :)

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
looks like, it will easily breach the 1 year SLA . With summer always been slow on processing side (because of holidays/vacations and IRCC reduced capacity), it could easily take up to 18 months + for the entire process to complete at the current pace.
what do you mean IRCC reduced capacity ?