+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October applicants with no test invite

Spaniardo

Jul 7, 2017
Morning,

I just received some updates from my MP Office which I contacted initially due to the delay on receiving AOR. Do not know if it's good or bad news... any thoughts??

"The next step will be to transfer the file to the closest IRCC office. This office will schedule an appointment for the applicant in due course, if necessary.
• We recommend that the applicant verifies the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) online tool regularly to see when a new notice is sent to them.
• The criminality verifications are currently valid.
• The security verifications are currently valid.
• The immigration verifications have not been initiated.
• As per our current processing times, it may take up to 12 months to finalize the application,
o if the applicant needs to travel during this time, they should apply to renew their permanent resident card if they are eligible.
• The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and the next step would be the citizenship test.“

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Morning,

I just received some updates from my MP Office which I contacted initially due to the delay on receiving AOR. Do not know if it's good or bad news... any thoughts??

"The next step will be to transfer the file to the closest IRCC office. This office will schedule an appointment for the applicant in due course, if necessary.
• We recommend that the applicant verifies the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) online tool regularly to see when a new notice is sent to them.
• The criminality verifications are currently valid.
• The security verifications are currently valid.
• The immigration verifications have not been initiated.
• As per our current processing times, it may take up to 12 months to finalize the application,
o if the applicant needs to travel during this time, they should apply to renew their permanent resident card if they are eligible.
• The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and the next step would be the citizenship test.“
Basically a summary of GCMS report, nothing more than what you could get without involving MP

sansnom

Mar 10, 2017
The spreadsheet shows 61% of October applicants have received test invitation....
It may be more precise to separate each local office as it varies a lot from coast to coast. The spreadsheet shows 42% GTA applicants have received test invitation. Unfortunately it is hard to differentiate Scarborough or Mississauga applicants, since many identified themselves as "Toronto", they will only be changed to to "Scarborough" or ''Mississauga" once receives test invitation.

FloydCan

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017
It may be more precise to separate each local office as it varies a lot from coast to coast. The spreadsheet shows 42% GTA applicants have received test invitation. Unfortunately it is hard to differentiate Scarborough or Mississauga applicants, since many identified themselves as "Toronto", they will only be changed to to "Scarborough" or ''Mississauga" once receives test invitation.
Ran the numbers, 45% of Mississauga October applicants received an invite.That's of course not counting the ones who didn't provide an update so in reality the number could be more than 50%.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Ran the numbers, 45% of Mississauga October applicants received an invite.That's of course not counting the ones who didn't provide an update so in reality the number could be more than 50%.
And there is also a large number of “Toronto” applicants who dont know which office they are assigned to and still haven’t got the test invitation

Danielnases

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
guys stop being worried. the timeline is 12 month and its not late yet. I applied on oct 18 and passed my test and interview on jan 25. since then my application is in process and no DM yet. they told me its in security clearance check. I know people who applied in jab passed their test in feb and they got their citizenship status last week! but nothing to worry about. cic doesn't process applications in order. its frustrating to wait but the more you bother yourself the longer it takes. just enjoy the summer for now. good luck to everyone.

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
I am in the same boat. Applied Oct 13. IP - Jan07.

Mine got referred to PSR for name split which they considered name change and made it non-routine.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
guys stop being worried. the timeline is 12 month and its not late yet. I applied on oct 18 and passed my test and interview on jan 25. since then my application is in process and no DM yet. they told me its in security clearance check. I know people who applied in jab passed their test in feb and they got their citizenship status last week! but nothing to worry about. cic doesn't process applications in order. its frustrating to wait but the more you bother yourself the longer it takes. just enjoy the summer for now. good luck to everyone.
Believe me if I have already had my test and interview I would be just as chill as you are right now

Danielnases

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
Believe me if I have already had my test and interview I would be just as chill as you are right now
it has been 3 month since my test and everyday i was eating myself but I realized I'm spending my valuable life and time over something ridiculous. you could get your test invite any time and then get your oath letter next day. just chill for now. they will process your case soon.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's actually 33% received test invite from Mississauga.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No it isn't. Filter Mississauga in column B, you get 84, then filter non blanks in column I, you get 38. So 45.23%
Your calculation is right, if you just look at Location as Mississauga and exclude Brampton which usually gets processed at Mississauga visa office. Percentage calculation for Mississauga would be 37/112 = 33% as per my last summary table posted on Saturday, April 21. Please see below post:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/october-11th-2017-citizenship-applicants-under-3-5-rule.521045/page-589#post-6883107

Please be advised that Peel region applicants, including Brampton, are also counted under Mississauga visa office in Summary tables. As soon GTA applicant gets test invite, we try to update visa office in Location column of tracker, so that others can refer processing times for a particular visa office.

I just ran update at my end in excel with tracker data from last night, it came out to be 33.9%, 37 applicants got test invite from a total of 109 total Mississauga applicants (includes Brampton & Caledon).

Last edited:

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
it has been 3 month since my test and everyday i was eating myself but I realized I'm spending my valuable life and time over something ridiculous. you could get your test invite any time and then get your oath letter next day. just chill for now. they will process your case soon.
Yeah, nothing after 3 months since test, I am sure it’s much tougher than nothing after 4 months since IP lol

FloydCan

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017
Your calculation is right, if you just look at Location as Mississauga and exclude Brampton which usually gets processed at Mississauga visa office. Percentage calculation for Mississauga would be 37/112 = 33% as per my last summary table posted on Saturday, April 21. Please see below post:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/october-11th-2017-citizenship-applicants-under-3-5-rule.521045/page-589#post-6883107

Please be advised that Peel region applicants, including Brampton, are also counted under Mississauga visa office in Summary tables. As soon GTA applicant gets test invite, we try to update visa office in Location column of tracker, so that others can refer processing times for a particular visa office.

I just ran update at my end in excel with tracker data from last night, it came out to be 33.9%, 37 applicants got test invite from a total of 109 total Mississauga applicants (includes Brampton & Caledon).
Ah, I see.