+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October applicants with no test invite

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
A quick question:My apologies in advance, if this has been answered before:
My PR card is expiring next month and I am not planning to renew it. Is that fine? Is it mandatory to have a valid PR card? The reason for NOT renewing PR is that one of my close friends got PR renewed in 3 months so why wasting time when I already applied for citizenship.
If you are not planning on going anywhere outside Canada, then there is no need to renew it

FloydCan

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017
Another working week goes and no change. The tunnel is getting longer and longer and the light is getting smaller and smaller.

Reactions: wpg5

kash_01

Apr 10, 2018
Another working week goes and no change. The tunnel is getting longer and longer and the light is getting smaller and smaller.
Hang in there, friend.. We will eventually get to the end of this tunnel.. For some, tunnel was short for some it is long...
The key here is not to loose patience! Have a great weekend!

HSoni

Mar 13, 2018
Application Received: 20 Oct for a family of 3.
AOR received in Nov and office started processing on 15 Dec.

My processing office is Mississauga. Not sure how much time it will take. I ordered my AIPS Notes yesterday.

mweiner

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
In the same boat. Applied since 20th Oct, IP Feb 2018.
Here is a suggestion for everyone: Write to your Federal local MPP (not provincial because IRCC is a federal agency) and ask your MPP to enquire on your behalf from IRCC. They will send you an enquiry form and a consent form. Sign it and return it. IRCC should get some enquiries from the MPPs and it would know that people are worried.

waakio

Nov 1, 2014
IP since 21 Dec. Speechless. Anyone can tell me which number to call or how to find which MPP to contact? Thanks a lot. I just wanna figure out why it took so long....

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Here is a suggestion for everyone: Write to your Federal local MPP (not provincial because IRCC is a federal agency) and ask your MPP to enquire on your behalf from IRCC. They will send you an enquiry form and a consent form. Sign it and return it. IRCC should get some enquiries from the MPPs and it would know that people are worried.
And tell them what ? The official average processing time is 12 months, and nobody from October has waited for more than that

Reactions: foodie69

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
"People are worried" is not a good enough reason for IRCC to allocate funding for expediting applications. Even if they do, things wont change significantly in a few days. As far as the MPs are concerned, they dont care as we'll all be getting citizenships before the next federal election. So good thought, but not sure on a practical level how effective it would be.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Guys any update from anyone?? any test invites?
42% of October applicants still haven’t got test invitation yet, I guess we can still wait till this number drops to 20% to start worrying... anyway, let’s hope we all hear something next week

mweiner

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
42% of October applicants still haven’t got test invitation yet, I guess we can still wait till this number drops to 20% to start worrying... anyway, let’s hope we all hear something next week
Is this "42%" coming from the spreadsheet? Thx.