Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
Hi Guys,

Starting thread for those who have AOR in October 2017 - please join for discussion and knowledge sharing.

Below I will post some information which you may find useful going forward.

Some FAQ:

Q: How to find my visa office?

A: Send E-mail to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
Subject: E000xxxx - Visa Office
Body of the mail:
Hello,

I am trying to find out in which Visa office my application is being processed?

Application number: E000xxxx
Date of Birth: 19xx-xx-xx
Last Name: xxx
First Name: xxxx
UCI: -
Category of Immigration: Federal Skilled Worker

Q: Can you explain background status changes (by other forum member, not my):

A: Background statuses explained:

There are two different things. Application status remains in process until we complete stamping.

Regarding BG status - It will go through different stages and let me try to make it clear to you to avoid any further confusion.

Prior to March 7, CIC used to maintain the below BG status.

1. Not needed at this time (NN)
  2. Not Started (NS)
  3. In Progress (IP)
After March 7, they paraphase the above status as follows.

1. Not Applicable (NA) ( Old Status :: NN)
  2. Next to step to conduct BG Check (NBG) (Old Status : NS)
  3. In Progress (IP)
People in the threads are using the above status interchangeably. So, don’t get confused.

Now as far as BG process is concerned, it will go through the below trends. I’m using new status words for your reference.

Trend 1: NA -> IP -> NA -> IP
Trend 2: NA -> NBG-> NA-> IP

Some people who are submitting RCMP along with eAPR follows Trend 2 and rest Trend 1. I may not be 100% accurate. But this is what I noticed for CEC Inlanders.
Once the applicant at IP(2), he can expect PPR anytime soon.

Regarding at what stage BG will change??

STAGE 1:: After we submit our application, the BG status would be NA and it will be there until we see a change in Medical status (Passed).

STAGE 2:: After medical update is done, then agent at CIO will change our BG to IP or NBG. Then, he will start R10 check, Criminal checks.

STAGE 3:: After the above checks are done, then he will change BG to NA and our file moved to next stage for Eligibility assessment (A11.2) . Once he/she feels that we are meeting the Eligibility then he/she will provide his/her recommendation to Visa Officer and initiate the Security Clearance. At this point only our file will be moved from CIO to CPC.

STAGE 4:: Officer at Local Visa Office (LVO) will review the recommendation, Security clearance reports. Once he/she satisfies then he/she will approve the recommendation. Then our BG will be changed to IP again. This is where PPR(Passport Request) mails triggered to applicants.

I will post more as we progress.

Thanks!

Good Luck!
Just to add, I am a PNP Inland applicant. In my case, Background check is NA->IP->PPR. I have sent my passport to Ottawa and still my application says Background in progress. My application was in deep security screening for 10 months.

aliagha

Nov 16, 2017
Just to add, I am a PNP Inland applicant. In my case, Background check is NA->IP->PPR. I have sent my passport to Ottawa and still my application says Background in progress. My application was in deep security screening for 10 months.
Congratulations mate. What's your nationality? Do you have any idea why your security screening took that long?

kjabbar

Star Member
Jun 26, 2016
Happy New Year..May 2k18 brings happiness and prosperity for all of us.. wish we all get that golden email soon..

Reactions: Mpvzla

Anjanirai

Feb 5, 2016
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
15-09-2017
Wishing everyone here a very happy, healthy and prosperous New Year.

Ganiroy

Star Member
Jun 13, 2017
Hi Andy,

Please add me to October AOR whatsapp group. I just joined this forum, my AOR is Oct 28 2017.

Also i wanted to know that, i see a lot of people have received their PPRs, is there anything concerning for me as i still havent received it.

Thanks,
Nope Dude nothing to worry as of now... Still lot of people were yet to receive their PPRs. Chill...... we were with you :)

Shantanu89

Nov 9, 2017
Hi,

The current status of my application is as below:

Application Status: We are processing your application and send you a messaged if we nee d anything
Review of Eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Med Passed : 21/11/2017
Additional documents: Not Required
Background Check: Not Applicable 2

Can someone guide how much time it might take to get my PPR? Are they done with Documents scanning, Employment verification, Additional Documents scrutiny?

nishanj

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
Hi,

My AOR was on Oct 4th.
Additional document ( PCC) was uploaded on Oct 26th.
The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check

No movement all these months :(
Is there anyone is a similar situation?

cvgas

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Hi,

My AOR was on Oct 4th.
Additional document ( PCC) was uploaded on Oct 26th.
The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check

No movement all these months :(
Is there anyone is a similar situation?
same case. AOR Oct 28, ADR (PCC) uploaded Dec 4th.

sanjshet88

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
india
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
guys i have a query.. i am goin to canada on visitor visa in jan end. i am expecting my PR when i will be in canada on visitor visa. so how should i manage my proof of funds? should i carry the money rite now with me when i go on visitor visa or i can ask my parents back in my country to wire it to an account in canada when i recieve my PR? what would be the best option? @andy108