+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2023 - Citizenship Applications

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
If I'm not mistaken, you can update your driver's license address in person (it's free). They should provide you with a document confirming the change, which you can carry alongside your current license until the new one arrives.

P.S. By law, you must update your driver’s licence and vehicle permit within 6 days of your address change.
I already did and I have temporary copy of driver's licence but the new driver's licence with photo will take 4-6 weeks to arrive.

I have my health card (middle name is only first initial)
I have driver's licence (old address and temporary copy with recent address)
I have foreign passport (valid)
I have PR card

Please help me with this. Do you guys think they will be fine with above?

I am super worried and can't stop thinking about this. Please pray for me that everything works out fine this Thursday!!

Manny2

Star Member
Oct 13, 2023
I already did and I have temporary copy of driver's licence but the new driver's licence with photo will take 4-6 weeks to arrive.

I have my health card (middle name is only first initial)
I have driver's licence (old address and temporary copy with recent address)
I have foreign passport (valid)
I have PR card

Please help me with this. Do you guys think they will be fine with above?

I am super worried and can't stop thinking about this. Please pray for me that everything works out fine this Thursday!!
You're all set with everything you need! It's completely natural to overthink in situations like this, but there's honestly no need to stress. They're fully aware of the address change process, and you've got all the paperwork to prove it. Just take a deep breath and relax! You're nearly at the finish line! No need to pray; Congratulations in advance! :)

Reactions: itspossible9

cool_eagle

Jul 3, 2015
You're all set with everything you need! It's completely natural to overthink in situations like this, but there's honestly no need to stress. They're fully aware of the address change process, and you've got all the paperwork to prove it. Just take a deep breath and relax! You're nearly at the finish line! No need to pray; Congratulations in advance! :)
I fully agree with your answer except the sentence in the end "No need to pray". According to me, a person should always be praying, no matter what. Just on a lighter note..

Reactions: jahrule

cool_eagle

Jul 3, 2015
I have my oath scheduled for Thursday. I am very worried because I have my driver's license with old address and it's not matching with my address on file. The problem with health card is my middle name's first initial is only there where as standard health card in Ontario has full middle name.

Do you think that my driver's licence with old address and PR card will be accepted?

Note: I used my health card while submitting my citizenship application. I am just worried about oath now. These 2 days will be like 20 years.
No need to worry at all, As far as you have PR card, Health card etc. Minor name changes in middle doesn't matter much. Also, address changes etc relative to DL is not a problem to worry. Your native country passport and your PR card should be enough to identify you for the ceremony. So just be relaxed and shed any iota of anxiety. Good Luck.

cool_eagle

Jul 3, 2015
I have my oath scheduled for Thursday. I am very worried because I have my driver's license with old address and it's not matching with my address on file. The problem with health card is my middle name's first initial is only there where as standard health card in Ontario has full middle name.

Do you think that my driver's licence with old address and PR card will be accepted?

Note: I used my health card while submitting my citizenship application. I am just worried about oath now. These 2 days will be like 20 years.
Also, take care of these things,
1) Speak as little as possible upto only what is necessary.
2) And don't tell yourself about the problems with your IDs unless they find it and specifically ask about it.
3) Also keep your native country passport ready as well.
4) It is common that when if there is any ambiguity with an ID, the relevant insitute/authority relies on multiple ids, so if there is problem with your health card, they can match name on your native passport, PR or DL, and the address issue on the DL is not a problem, as it is always happening here when people change addresses.

Good Luck.

sehrishk

Sep 4, 2018
Just had a question, did you include clerk/oath officer initial in the subject line of the email when you sent the signed oath form?

I am just wondering if this is important. My oath was done on Mar 13 and still not able to download the certificate. I have already sent 4 emails with different format in the subject line.

The email oath form sending info provided during the ceremony does not match with the oath invitation email attachment.
Hi, were you able to download your certificate? Our oath was on March 11 and the certificate is still not available to download in the portal! Have emailed them a few times but no response.

jcanilanza

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
Davao City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OATH TAKING done today (March 19, Mississuaga)
Finally, I am now a Canadian Citizen :cool:

Type: Paper
Physical Presence Days: 1793
Application: Single
Application sent: October 15, 2023 (Sydney Office)
Filled: October 25, 2023
AOR: November 28, 2023 (Email)
Citizenship Test Tracker: December 9, 2023
Citizenship Schedule: December 22, 2023 to January 20, 2024
Citizenship Test taken: January 7, 2024
Background Verification: February 16, 2024
LPP: February 29, 2024
Oath tracker updated: March 11, 2024
Oath email instruction: March 14, 2024
Citizenship Ceremony: March 19, 2024 (in-person)
Citizenship Certificate received by paper
Processing timeline in total: 5 months

Thank you for all your support here and sharing your experiences and thoughts. I have been here since 2014 Live-in Caregiver Program, PR application and Parents Supervisa.. Next stop: Parents Sponsorship!

See you all around, and good luck!
All the best!

J

kkrocksall

Aug 17, 2015
Hi Guys, who already attended virtual ceremony........ In the email received, there was mentioning of COPR as well. I don't know why it was needed. Is it really needed for the applicants who are on proper PR (not refugee). Do they also check CoPR paper. Mine is actually somwhere in huge documents folders which I need to go through to find it(currently don't have time for it), so just want to avoid that if it is not needed. Do they check CoPR as well? Note, I have my PR with me. Mine oath ceremony is scheduled within few days... thats why asking.
They didn't check COPR, it was mentioned in mail so I just kept handy. It's mentioned in mail that having it safe for OAS pension benefits as the entry date is significant there. Hope this helps you. Whatever is the case just keep it handy I had my folders beside just in case.

Reactions: cool_eagle

Lilyn

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Good morning, everyone! I received an update today. I have been scheduled to attend the ceremony on April 3rd. Not sure if it’s in person or online yet as I have not received an invite via email.
I have to leave on April 21st for work (I’m in sales and travel a lot). Is there a way for me to receive my passport within a week? I’m not sure what to do. I can’t miss this trip, otherwise I would’ve postponed it. Any feedback is appreciated!

Reactions: nyiable

Udddy

Star Member
May 13, 2021
Good morning, everyone! I received an update today. I have been scheduled to attend the ceremony on April 3rd. Not sure if it’s in person or online yet as I have not received an invite via email.
I have to leave on April 21st for work (I’m in sales and travel a lot). Is there a way for me to receive my passport within a week? I’m not sure what to do. I can’t miss this trip, otherwise I would’ve postponed it. Any feedback is appreciated!
After getting certificate, apply for urgent passport at a passprt office

Reactions: Lilyn

santreddy22

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
Calgary
Category........
Other
After getting your e-certificate, you can go to the Passport Canada office.. Tell them that you have to travel on so and so date, and they will ask you to pick up the passport two days before travel.. Make sure to take your air ticket along with you, just in case..

I did get mine in a week, two days before travel..

Reactions: Lilyn

Lilyn

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
After getting your e-certificate, you can go to the Passport Canada office.. Tell them that you have to travel on so and so date, and they will ask you to pick up the passport two days before travel.. Make sure to take your air ticket along with you, just in case..

I did get mine in a week, two days before travel..
Thanks for sharing. How did you purchase your ticket? Using your old passport? That’s another dilemma for me. If I wait until I get my passport and then buy my ticket, it’ll cost me a fortune…

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
Finally I was able to take the oath today. It went ok. Thank you very much everyone for your support and encouragement during uncertain time :)

Also sent the email with oath affirmation form. I am now waiting for the e-certificate.

Thank you very much once again everyone!!

santreddy22

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
Calgary
Category........
Other
Thanks for sharing. How did you purchase your ticket? Using your old passport? That’s another dilemma for me. If I wait until I get my passport and then buy my ticket, it’ll cost me a fortune…
I have used a third-party website (Cheapoair.ca).. It took my old passport details (India). When I went to the airport and told them I had recently gotten my citizenship and surrendered my Indian passport, they accepted my new passport as a travel document.

Reactions: glqu2013