+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Lilyn

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
I have used a third-party website (Cheapoair.ca).. It took my old passport details (India). When I went to the airport and told them I had recently gotten my citizenship and surrendered my Indian passport, they accepted my new passport as a travel document.
Thank you!! I appreciate it so much! I will wait for my ceremony and will hopefully get my passport before I travel

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Surprisingly I received an update today from Vancouver office requesting for my entry/exit dates from the USA. Submitted immediately.

I am confused about this because 3 months ago they asked for my scanned passport copies and now this. Did anyone else receive this request?

Reactions: nyiable

thomman

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Hi All,

We applied for citizenship in October 2023. The first update that showed the application was received was on October 17th. From then, everything was going smooth till we were asked to submit our fingerprints on Jan 2nd. We did our Citizenship test on December 27th and it was updated on Jan 3rd. We submitted our Fingerprints on Jan 5th and tracker shows it was received on Jan 29th. The last update was on Feb 7th, when Language Skills and Physical Presence was updated to Completed. Since then there has been no update and its been on "In Progress" ever since.

Does anyone know if this is normal or how long can it take to see some positive updates. Has been waiting anxiously for a long time and my Indian Passport is expiring this month. Not sure if I should renew that or wait for an update on citizenship. (hopefully positive)

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Surprisingly I received an update today from Vancouver office requesting for my entry/exit dates from the USA. Submitted immediately.

I am confused about this because 3 months ago they asked for my scanned passport copies and now this. Did anyone else receive this request?
It could be a case of additional review where the first set asked for scanned copies and the second asking for more details as you applied without much buffer.

Reactions: SithLord

kkrocksall

Aug 17, 2015
Done with Citizenship journey.

Application: Family (4)
Application sent: Oct 10th, 2023
Delivered: Oct 10th, 2023
AOR: Nov 22,2033
Ecas: Nov 24,2023
GU: Nov 29,2023
BG completed: Dec 1,2023
Test completed: Dec 28,2023
LPP completed: Feb 19,2024
Decision made: Feb 29,2024
Oath scheduled: March 13,2024
Oath completed: March 19,2024
Citizenship certificate: March 21,2024

Udddy

Star Member
May 13, 2021
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1100
Application: Single
Application sent: October 26th, 2023
Delivered: October 26th, 2023
AOR: November 21st, 2023
Ghost update: Nov 29,2023
Background completed : November 29th, 2023 but updated on Dec 1st
No further ghost updates
Test invitation on application: for period of Dec 11-Jan 9 2024. Updated on application on Dec 6
Test done on Dec 11 12:50am ET (Dec 10, 10:50pm MST : Unofficial score 19/20
Test completed on portal: updated on Jan 04 to show completed date as Jan 02.
LPP: updated on Feb 7 to show completed date as Feb 5
Oath: updated on Feb 10 to show in progress as at Feb 8
Scheduled for oath on Feb 20th.
Oath email received on Feb 12
Citizenship oath done at 8:15am MST on Feb 20
E certificate available on Feb 26
Citizenship application closed on Feb 26 (reflected on tracker as at Feb 28)
Applied for passport : March 1st (Edmonton passport office)
Passport Delivered: March 22nd.

End of the Journey

Iamcoconut

Feb 7, 2024
Hi All,

We applied for citizenship in October 2023. The first update that showed the application was received was on October 17th. From then, everything was going smooth till we were asked to submit our fingerprints on Jan 2nd. We did our Citizenship test on December 27th and it was updated on Jan 3rd. We submitted our Fingerprints on Jan 5th and tracker shows it was received on Jan 29th. The last update was on Feb 7th, when Language Skills and Physical Presence was updated to Completed. Since then there has been no update and its been on "In Progress" ever since.

Does anyone know if this is normal or how long can it take to see some positive updates. Has been waiting anxiously for a long time and my Indian Passport is expiring this month. Not sure if I should renew that or wait for an update on citizenship. (hopefully positive)
Exactly the same situation as my partner.....

CCGo

Mar 5, 2024
Congratulations, what is your location, and which was your application processing office?

Done with Citizenship journey.

Application: Family (4)
Application sent: Oct 10th, 2023
Delivered: Oct 10th, 2023
AOR: Nov 22,2033
Ecas: Nov 24,2023
GU: Nov 29,2023
BG completed: Dec 1,2023
Test completed: Dec 28,2023
LPP completed: Feb 19,2024
Decision made: Feb 29,2024
Oath scheduled: March 13,2024
Oath completed: March 19,2024
Citizenship certificate: March 21,2024

Reactions: kkrocksall

burakarabaci

Nov 22, 2023
There's no progress on my application since the "Test Completed" update on December 19. LPP shows up as "In Progress" Should I request GCMS Notes? Would that help understand what's going on?

Melsoob

Star Member
Apr 10, 2022
Hello. Anybody with some experience with re-scheduling Oath Ceremony. We had to schedule my husband's ceremony last month and we have not heard back at all. Looking to hear if anyone from Niagara office had any experience regarding same. Thanks

Melsoob

Star Member
Apr 10, 2022
How long has your partner been waiting? I wonder what is going on and why this different set of criteria?
So he contacted them the same day he got the invite Feb16. Then he received and email the next day stating they will reschedule and he will hear back. His ceremony was on the 5th of March. On the 9th we got an update online " Citizenship in progress changed to not started". We called a few times and spoke with an agent, we went told no timeline. Its frustrating cause you are basically at their mercy. You cannot plan anything ahead and his PR is going to expire in the next few weeks. Did you hear back at all?

cool_eagle

Jul 3, 2015
Finally I was able to take the oath today. It went ok. Thank you very much everyone for your support and encouragement during uncertain time :)

Also sent the email with oath affirmation form. I am now waiting for the e-certificate.

Thank you very much once again everyone!!
Hi, have you been able to download the citizenship certificate? Whether your ceremony was with the Edmonton office.

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
Hi, have you been able to download the citizenship certificate? Whether your ceremony was with the Edmonton office.
I am still unable to download the certificate. My ceremony was scheduled by Edmonton office. How about you? Were you able to download the certificate? Please let me know whenever you are able to download the certificate. I already tried twice today.

Mitya-kun

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
I am still unable to download the certificate. My ceremony was scheduled by Edmonton office. How about you? Were you able to download the certificate? Please let me know whenever you are able to download the certificate. I already tried twice today.
Seems like you had your ceremony on March 21st, which means that it's been only 2 business days since then. Standard waiting time is 2-5 business days, so you have nothing to worry about yet.