+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Mitya-kun

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Just had a question, did you include clerk/oath officer initial in the subject line of the email when you sent the signed oath form?

I am just wondering if this is important. My oath was done on Mar 13 and still not able to download the certificate. I have already sent 4 emails with different format in the subject line.

The email oath form sending info provided during the ceremony does not match with the oath invitation email attachment.

It's been only 2 days since your ceremony, while the most typical timeframe for a certificate to get available is from 2 to 5 business days. I don't think there's any need to send the same email over and over again. Just wait patiently at least until next Wednesday.

gigbuffon30

Feb 7, 2024
Out of the blue today I recieved an invitation for the oath. Logged into the tracker and showed LPP concluded on March 12th. Almost there! Hope all that are still waiting for LPP that they get it soon!
LPP: March 12
Oath invite: March15th
Oath Scheduled: April 4th

Office: Vancouver
If it helps my file had ICES requested on Feb 2nd.

Ouluman

Feb 29, 2016
From what I have seen so far, most of the oath ceremonies are virtual/online. My friend had hers done recently, it was online. Very few are in-person. In my opinion, Best thing to do is, wait for your the oath-invite letter and check if it’s online or in-person. Because, chances are…it might be online/virtual. FYI, if you won’t be able to attend the ceremony, it will need to be rescheduled. And good luck with re-scheduling, it might take months and can delay your applications.
I was reading so many posts on Facebook, where some people had to re-schedule their ceremonies, and it took 3-6 months for them.
but it seems for those who applied after Sep 2023 ,it would take 1 -2 months to get rescheduled in Missassauga office , it seems they have expedited the process ever since Sep 2023

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Anybody else who were requested to submit passport copies and waiting with LPP in progress? Will be nice to not be alone in this group
i am requested passport copies and translation in interview on 7th march sent on 13 march waiting. language turned green same day presence and prohibition awaiting.

mimunakamuna

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
I have Oath scheduled March 26th (as per tracker) but as of now no email confirmation. Is this normal? I raised a webform saturday but still nothing

cool_eagle

Jul 3, 2015
Hi Guys, who already attended virtual ceremony........ In the email received, there was mentioning of COPR as well. I don't know why it was needed. Is it really needed for the applicants who are on proper PR (not refugee). Do they also check CoPR paper. Mine is actually somwhere in huge documents folders which I need to go through to find it(currently don't have time for it), so just want to avoid that if it is not needed. Do they check CoPR as well? Note, I have my PR with me. Mine oath ceremony is scheduled within few days... thats why asking.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi Guys, who already attended virtual ceremony........ In the email received, there was mentioning of COPR as well. I don't know why it was needed. Is it really needed for the applicants who are on proper PR (not refugee). Do they also check CoPR paper. Mine is actually somwhere in huge documents folders which I need to go through to find it(currently don't have time for it), so just want to avoid that if it is not needed. Do they check CoPR as well? Note, I have my PR with me. Mine oath ceremony is scheduled within few days... thats why asking.
They don't. Only interested in PR card and ID

Reactions: cool_eagle

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
They don't. Only interested in PR card and ID
I have my oath scheduled for Thursday. I am very worried because I have my driver's license with old address and it's not matching with my address on file. The problem with health card is my middle name's first initial is only there where as standard health card in Ontario has full middle name.

Do you think that my driver's licence with old address and PR card will be accepted?

Note: I used my health card while submitting my citizenship application. I am just worried about oath now. These 2 days will be like 20 years.

Manny2

Star Member
Oct 13, 2023
Do you think that my driver's licence with old address and PR card will be accepted?
If I'm not mistaken, you can update your driver's license address in person (it's free). They should provide you with a document confirming the change, which you can carry alongside your current license until the new one arrives.

P.S. By law, you must update your driver’s licence and vehicle permit within 6 days of your address change.

Last edited: