Feb 18, 2020
Type: Online
Physical Presence Days: 1095.5
Application: Single
Application Submitted: October 10, 2023
AOR:

elisa222

Mar 23, 2018
Hi there, I hope everything works well for you!
I have a similar situation for my parents. They took the oath in Canada and applied for passports but had to go back home for a family emergency. No one checks if you have a PR when you exit, right, haha. Now my question is for their return: I have their Canadian passports here in Canada and was planning on sending them through a cousin to my parents, so they can enter Canada with their new passports. My question is: is that doable, can they enter Canada with a brand new passport, not stamped at all.. would that be a problem? My parents also have a few years left on their 10-year visa on their original country passports.
Should they show both to the authorities when they arrive in Toronto, or just one of the options, and which one???
PLEASE HELP WITH YOUR ANSWERS AND EXPERIENCE.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!

cool_eagle

Jul 3, 2015
Hi there, I hope everything works well for you!
I have a similar situation for my parents. They took the oath in Canada and applied for passports but had to go back home for a family emergency. No one checks if you have a PR when you exit, right, haha. Now my question is for their return: I have their Canadian passports here in Canada and was planning on sending them through a cousin to my parents, so they can enter Canada with their new passports. My question is: is that doable, can they enter Canada with a brand new passport, not stamped at all.. would that be a problem? My parents also have a few years left on their 10-year visa on their original country passports.
Should they show both to the authorities when they arrive in Toronto, or just one of the options, and which one???
PLEASE HELP WITH YOUR ANSWERS AND EXPERIENCE.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
In your situation, it is preferable that they enter on their native passports. Moreover, there is no need of sending their canadian passports. Carrying a passport/ID by other person is also crime. So, if immigration ask any question, they can safely say that their passports were actually here with you,...received after their departure.