+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCTOBER 2021 *INLAND* SPONSORSHIP

aussie.deb

Apr 2, 2022
Update. I got my eCOPR today. Waiting for PR Card now.
Congratulations! I'm new here and have only created my account with canadavisa today. Just wanted to thank the community here for sharing their experiences and timelines, i wish i had discovered this forum earlier than just this past week....but suffice to say it has been somewhat comforting to read of your experiences and share this experience ( albiet through forums) with you all.

I am also an October 2021 applicant ( inland spousal) , here are my timelines.

Application Type: Inland
Application Received : October 17, 2021
Format: Paper
Temp AOR: December 3, 2022
Biometrics Request: January 28, 2022
Medical Request: January 30, 2022
Biometrics Done: Feb 2 , 2022
Medical Done: January 31, 2022
Medical Passed: Feb 5, 2022
Invite to Pre-arrival services : Mar 21 , 2022
Portal Invite: March 28, 2022
ECoPR : Pending ....

All the best everyone.
D

Reactions: dungski and KJH85

dungski

Dec 21, 2019
Hi Khushboo2105, not sure about the answer, we were advised to apply for an OWP at the same time as submitting the Spousal Sponsorship ( inland) .

Here is a link to the CIC help center with regards to applying for OWP.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1163&top=17
I wonder what's going on about OWP, it looks like very few got approved, while others already got PR approval. Normally, OWP should be approved first pending PR in order to be able to apply for jobs and other services.

aussie.deb

Apr 2, 2022
I wonder what's going on about OWP, it looks like very few got approved, while others already got PR approval. Normally, OWP should be approved first pending PR in order to be able to apply for jobs and other services.

Yes, we were surprised that the PR application got approved before the OWP. In fact, I was even more surprised this morning to discover a refund for the OWP in our bank account.

• Love
Reactions: dungski

dungski

Dec 21, 2019
Yes, we were surprised that the PR application got approved before the OWP. In fact, I was even more surprised this morning to discover a refund for the OWP in our bank account.
Congratulations! Do you mind if you share your timeline here please. Thank you.

dungski

Dec 21, 2019
Great news guys! Got Portal Invite today!

God is good all the time!

My time is as follows:

Application Type: Inland
Application Submitted: October 5, 2021
Format: Paper
AOR: 2022-01-20

Biometrics Request: 2022-01-25
Medical Exam: 2022-01-26
Medical Passed: 2022-02-01
Biometrics Done: 2022-02-02

Pre-Arrival Letter: 2022-03-29
Background check completed: 2022-03-28

Email confirm info: 2022-04-07
Portal invite: 2022-04-07
ECoPR :
PR in hand :

Reactions: KJH85

bluezaney

Dec 2, 2018
Category........
Hey guys! Here’s my timeline (Inland - Quebec with Representative):

October 26th, 2021:
Application delivered/received.

December 3rd, 2021:
Pre-AOR.

(Not exactly sure when I got AOR)

January 31st, 2022:
Medical Request.

February 1st, 2022:
Biometrics Request.

February 5th, 2022:
Medical Completed.

February 7th, 2022:
Biometrics Completed.

March 1st, 2022:
CSQ Received.

March 18th, 2022:
Portal Invite.

March 30th, 2022:
Portal Credentials.

April 1st, 2022:
Information Submitted in Portal.

April 4th, 2022:
eCoPR!!

LS809

Apr 29, 2019
I submitted my inland application on paper and up until February 20 everything was complete apart from background check - to date, it is still in progress.

There was no movement on my OWP application (I assume that sometimes they wait on it because if the PR application is approved you don't need it and can get the fee refunded). I'm in a complicated situation and really need to be working. Since it's past the normal processing time for the OWP I contacted my MP's office last week to request a follow-up on this piece. I just got an email notification today that the OWP is being mailed out to me.

I haven't been following all the way along, but if you haven't already tried to contact your MP's office, it's worth a try!
I’m on a very complicated situation myself too. I applied in april last year but my application was as returned in October because of a missing signature, I fixed everything and sent my application back right away. Because my application was returned, I lost my status and had to stop working. I couldn’t restore my status because it was mire than 90 days since my work permit expired. Long story short…my wife is canadian citizen, I have a 20 months old canadian child and another on the way and just got my AOR end of February. I’ve been begging ircc to expedite my working permit because we really need the income (the wife is on maternal leave) We approached the MPs office and they have been trying to help but last time I wrote a letter for IRCC and they told the MP office to ask me for a detailed letter and to send some proof documents. Honestly I was like WTF?? I’m about to pull the plug on this and just wait. I can’t believe how the guvmint is a pile of crap and look away to help canadians and people that have been here paying taxes but prioritize some other people. That’s BS to me.

dungski

Dec 21, 2019
No, AIP is different from Pre Arrival Services. AIP indicates that the principal applicant has passed the eligibility requirements.
Normally here's the process for most applications, however I've seen a lot of applications recently not follow that order. For example, I got SA after portal invite and never got AIP or Pre arrival services.

Pre Arrival Letter
SA (Sponsor Approval)
AIP (Approved in Principle)
If approved, you'd get a letter with portal invite otherwise a letter stating refusing.
Hello there! Finally I got my Portal Invite, so is this the AIP status already? Thanks.