+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCTOBER 2021 *INLAND* SPONSORSHIP

Teaa

Feb 22, 2022
Yes,i did applied through the new portal. I did submit an open work permit together with the application. I wonder how more i need to wait for it now.
I submitted my inland application on paper and up until February 20 everything was complete apart from background check - to date, it is still in progress.

There was no movement on my OWP application (I assume that sometimes they wait on it because if the PR application is approved you don't need it and can get the fee refunded). I'm in a complicated situation and really need to be working. Since it's past the normal processing time for the OWP I contacted my MP's office last week to request a follow-up on this piece. I just got an email notification today that the OWP is being mailed out to me.

I haven't been following all the way along, but if you haven't already tried to contact your MP's office, it's worth a try!

greatchris408

Dec 7, 2015
I submitted my inland application on paper and up until February 20 everything was complete apart from background check - to date, it is still in progress.

There was no movement on my OWP application (I assume that sometimes they wait on it because if the PR application is approved you don't need it and can get the fee refunded). I'm in a complicated situation and really need to be working. Since it's past the normal processing time for the OWP I contacted my MP's office last week to request a follow-up on this piece. I just got an email notification today that the OWP is being mailed out to me.

I haven't been following all the way along, but if you haven't already tried to contact your MP's office, it's worth a try!
I had my OWP application cancelled a week before getting eCopr and one of the IRCC officers literally told me don't expect to have the OWP application approved!

Teaa

Feb 22, 2022
Hi. When did you submit your application?
I did contact my MP but they told me to wait atleast 6 months.
My application was submitted on October 8, 2021 and received on October 13, 2021.

I guess each office has their own protocol. My MP's office said they don't make a query unless the "normal processing time" has been exceeded (the current time given is 134 days). The six month mark is not too far off and it's good to know that once they do send the enquiry it is acted on. Hope you get yours soon!

Teaa

Feb 22, 2022
I had my OWP application cancelled a week before getting eCopr and one of the IRCC officers literally told me don't expect to have the OWP application approved!
Oh interesting you mean this was after the getting the eCopr or even before you got it? What do you think they meant by that comment?

greatchris408

Dec 7, 2015
Oh interesting you mean this was after the getting the eCopr or even before you got it? What do you think they meant by that comment?
I called them before my PR application was approved and asked about the OWP application. He said that he hasn't seen many OWP approved since pandemic.

Savak

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
Application Submitted: October 8, 2021
Temporary AOR: December 13, 2021
Permanent AOR: January 28, 2022
Medical Exam Request: January 28, 2022
Medical Exam Given: February 4, 2022
Medical Passed: February 24, 2022
Background Check cleared: March 17, 2022
Elligibility Cleared: March 17, 2022
ECopr: March 23, 2022

Reactions: KJH85

Khushboo2105

Star Member
Apr 28, 2019
Application Submitted: October 8, 2021
Temporary AOR: December 13, 2021
Permanent AOR: January 28, 2022
Medical Exam Request: January 28, 2022
Medical Exam Given: February 4, 2022
Medical Passed: February 24, 2022
Background Check cleared: March 17, 2022
Elligibility Cleared: March 17, 2022
ECopr: March 23, 2022
Hi. Did you submit on paper or through the new portal?

Amitaaa

Star Member
Jun 2, 2020
Hello,

I got a ghost update yesterday in my gckey. It's my husband's account though. Today I received an Invitation to pre-arrival services. What does that mean? Can anyone please explain?
Biometrics were updated on the same day and medical was requested
Medical Passed on Feb 10, 2022
Ghost update: March 28, 2022
Pre Arrival Letter: March 29, 2022

What's next?