+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

water2wine

Mar 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

Re: Minor Application {A minor applying with Parent - Sub Section 5 (2)}
From my understanding, the minor is *NOT REQUIRED* to have been physically present in Canada 3 out of the last 5 years. Nevertheless, the irony of it is 'number 8b' of the form, where it was asked:
"Has the minor been outside of Canada for a total of 730 days or more in the past five (5) years or since becoming a PR. If yes, Duration, Destination, Reason, Number of days absent."
Here is my question, if physical presence IS NOT REQUIRED for a MINOR, why are they requesting all these details?
I have a minor (PR) living outside Canada but comes visits over the holidays; the minor has been inside Canada for approximately 1 year within the eligibility period i.e. last 5 years, can I apply for the minor alongside my application? Or, will they require the minor to fulfil 1095 days?

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
I received AOR on Jan 17 and just today I receive email with missing information and re-submit my application. is that mean I will get new AOR? anyone have any idea

Reactions: 5Kent

abhcan

Star Member
Hi,

I am December applicant but looking to know some timelines from previous trend and experience.

Application Sent/Received: 16 Dec 2021
AOR: Feb 18 2022

I am looking to know what would be time line for next step?

(1) Do they ask finger print for everyone? We never had submitted before during PR
(2) What is usual time frame for Finger print request after AOR

We are not in Canada between 1st March to 1st April.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/december-2021-citizenship-applicants.751276/

you can follow Dec 2021 applicants thread here and post question there if you wish.

5Kent

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Ottawa, ON
I received AOR on Jan 17 and just today I receive email with missing information and re-submit my application. is that mean I will get new AOR? anyone have any idea
I don't think so. AOR stands for "acknowledgement of receipt" as in "we confirm that we have received your application". Them telling you that they need additional documents for your application is an acknowledgement that they have the application.

Rtzi

Jan 31, 2022
Hey,
I've submitted my online application on Oct 8 2021. I haven't received an AOR yet (Feb 10 2022) and I'm starting to worry. Is there anything I can do to confirm my application is being looked at? I have a submission confirmation so I am sure its been submitted.
Thanks!
Hello,

I had the same issue. Spoke to an agent and they provided me with the Application number. Try calling them 1-(888)-242-2100 1-1-4-1-1 - try early morning. You can then track your application online. All the best!

rajesh_verma_jsr

Nov 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2014
Doc's Request.
12-05-15 (updated schedule-A for spouse)
Nomination.....
27-11-2014
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
ECAS updated: 24-01-2015, processing started: 21-01-2015
Med's Request
06-02-2015
Med's Done....
10-02-2015, Medicals Received: 17-02-2015
Interview........
NA (FBI Report reached NDVO: 30-03-2015)
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
Does calling ircc expedite the process. I have not seen any progress since Jan 25th. On Jan 25th the BG got complete for my wife and son. For me, everything is still in progress.

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
I don't think so. AOR stands for "acknowledgement of receipt" as in "we confirm that we have received your application". Them telling you that they need additional documents for your application is an acknowledgement that they have the application.
I applied online and they my ID document is not clear. I need to submit new document, physical presence and re-submit. Its under my portal for waiting for your action.
I already received AOR on Jan 17.
is this will new application or it will be linked with my new AOR?
any one have any idea how do they request document, does it in application portal?

zeyneps

Nov 2, 2017
United States
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-12-2017
It sounds like they want you to either upload it onto your portal (check the portal to see if there is any way to upload it ) or send it via webform. If you needed to re-submit the whole application, that would have happened before AOR and they would not have processed your fees, instead, there is a "waiting for your action" notice, meaning if you do not take action then they will close your application.

Reactions: 5Kent

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
It sounds like they want you to either upload it onto your portal (check the portal to see if there is any way to upload it ) or send it via webform. If you needed to re-submit the whole application, that would have happened before AOR and they would not have processed your fees, instead, there is a "waiting for your action" notice, meaning if you do not take action then they will close your application.
Thanks for the information.

It was in the portal for waiting your action and they mentioned they didn’t process the fees yet. It was the issue with my IDs file which was not visible and bit chopped off. I uploaded it correctly, added new physical presence calculation( it was mentioned in the message and make sure that information is up to date. I’ve resubmitted on the same day. I don’t see any change in my tracker as well. I called CIC and agent said it will added to the file- new AOR will not be generated, but it was casual reply ( he did not access my file though)…he was nice though.
Hopefully they don’t put me in February Queue or send a new AOR.. Fingers crossed