+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

Dec 3, 2021
Hi, thanks for setting this up. Hoping to apply in the coming week. Had two questions on
Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth)?
1. I am from India but I did my schooling in Oman (my parents worked there). Technically my dad was on a "Worker visa" and I, by extension, was on a "Family Visa". Based on this, I received a resident card (not permanent resident though) effective till the age of 21 even though I left Oman when I was 17. Do I need to mention this entry in the application considering we were not planning to reside there permanently? If yes, I'm not sure what I should select in the Status (is it Foreign National??) and effective end date.
2. I travelled to quite a few countries for the purpose of tourism. Do I need to include details about all my travel visas?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Summer50

May 6, 2018
Hi, thanks for setting this up. Hoping to apply in the coming week. Had two questions on
Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth)?
1. I am from India but I did my schooling in Oman (my parents worked there). Technically my dad was on a "Worker visa" and I, by extension, was on a "Family Visa". Based on this, I received a resident card (not permanent resident though) effective till the age of 21 even though I left Oman when I was 17. Do I need to mention this entry in the application considering we were not planning to reside there permanently? If yes, I'm not sure what I should select in the Status (is it Foreign National??) and effective end date.
2. I travelled to quite a few countries for the purpose of tourism. Do I need to include details about all my travel visas?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
1. Yes, you should mention this entry. I would have written the start and end date as mentioned on the card. You can write your status as "Temporary resident (if you weren't permanent resident)".

2. Yes, all immigration status should be disclosed (permanent and temporary). This includes visitor and transit visas as well.

Reactions: Shining Moon
Dec 3, 2021
1. Yes, you should mention this entry. I would have written the start and end date as mentioned on the card. You can write your status as "Temporary resident (if you weren't permanent resident)".

2. Yes, all immigration status should be disclosed (permanent and temporary). This includes visitor and transit visas as well.
Thank you. :) Will do the needful. Gonna be a long list. Sigh!

shyam.7944

Mar 9, 2015
Category........
Other
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
Thank you for starting a thread.

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1,300 +
Application: Single
Application sent: December 1, 2021
Delivered: December 1, 2021
AOR: Waiting

biquanbi96

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Physical Presence Days: 1,098 days
Application submitted: December 06, 2021
Delivered: December 06, 2021

byehello1

Jul 21, 2011
Physical Presence Days: 1,101
Application sent: December 06, 2021

Mohan91

Dec 6, 2021
Chatham
Category........
Other
Physical Presence Days: 1,163 days
Application submitted: December 06, 2021

shyam.7944

Mar 9, 2015
Category........
Other
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
I understand that the whole process takes around 1 year. I checked the processing time for AORs on CIC's website last week, and I saw this
"We’re now sending AOR letters or emails for paper and online applications received the week of September 8, 2021"

However, when I checked today, it said

"We’re now sending AOR letters or emails for paper and online applications received the week of July 28, 2021"

Are the applications processed randomly? Not sure how/why they issued AORs for September and went back to July a week later. Is this even accurate?

liacardenaz

Mar 23, 2018
Physical Presence Days: 1790 days
Application sent: December 7, 2021
Delivered: December 7, 2021

thegoodone12

Nov 25, 2021
Physical Presence Days: 1,099 days
Application submitted: December 08, 2021
Delivered: December 08, 2021

balaprasad123

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
Hi all,
Going to apply next week.Can I know paper or online application is good for family of 3.2 adults and one child.

Thanks

shyam.7944

Mar 9, 2015
Category........
Other
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
Hi all,
Going to apply next week.Can I know paper or online application is good for family of 3.2 adults and one child.

Thanks
You cannot apply online with your family. The only option at this time is to proceed with a paper application.

Last edited:

june394

Star Member
Oct 7, 2018
Thanks for starting the thread :)

Physical Presence Days: 1,109 days
Application submitted: December 07, 2021
Delivered: December 07, 2021