+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCTOBER 2020 OUTLAND Spousal Sponsorship

Babies0625

Feb 4, 2015
Calgary
Hello, I have applied for a spousal visa back in October 2020 for my husband who lives in Pakistan. The visa office received the application on October 26th. we got the AOR on April 17th. Medical request was received on April 26th and we submitted the medical on May 24th, since than there has been no response from the visa office. please can someone advise why is it taking this long though I see people have received their passport with the visa within this time frame.

Application received: October 26, 2020
AOR: April 17, 2021
Eligibility as Sponsor Approval: April 19, 2021
Medical Request: April 26, 2021
Medical Done: May 17, 2021
no response after this.
Hello, I'm just 10 days ahead of you. No Biometrics Request even or exempted? Did you check ECAS?

T27

Star Member
Jun 3, 2021
Exactly the same timeline as our application. Currently processing at LVO. PA is in Pakistan as well.

Application received: 26th October 2020
AOR & SA: 15th April 2021
Biometrics received: 16th April 2021
Medical received: 26th April 2021
Medical submitted: 25th May 2021
Pre-arrival:
DM:
PPR:

Still waiting....like everybody else. But our timelines are so similar...if we hear something, you guys might as well.
Not true in all cases, me and this other user received pre-arrival 1 day apart (June) and they received ppr 1 month later from that date and I am still waiting and it’s September now. It’s so random. One might think oh I think I understand the flow of the process and then they trick you again lol.

Reactions: royalrumble

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
Hello, I have applied for a spousal visa back in October 2020 for my husband who lives in Pakistan. The visa office received the application on October 26th. we got the AOR on April 17th. Medical request was received on April 26th and we submitted the medical on May 24th, since than there has been no response from the visa office. please can someone advise why is it taking this long though I see people have received their passport with the visa within this time frame.

Application received: October 26, 2020
AOR: April 17, 2021
Eligibility as Sponsor Approval: April 19, 2021
Medical Request: April 26, 2021
Medical Done: May 17, 2021
no response after this.
send a webform

royalrumble

Star Member
Aug 8, 2021
Not true in all cases, me and this other user received pre-arrival 1 day apart (June) and they received ppr 1 month later from that date and I am still waiting and it’s September now. It’s so random. One might think oh I think I understand the flow of the process and then they trick you again lol.
Lol I agree completely. The more sense we try to make of their process...it is never the case. But fingers crossed and hoping for the best insha Allah.

Reactions: T27

dabigbass

Apr 20, 2021
Congrats! I got PPR as well. I am confused about how to submit a copy of my passport though. Did you send through VFS? Is that required? I only need to send a photocopy.
I'm struggling with the same thing myself. The instructions are a bit unclear about how to submit everything to the VFS office in New York.

My understanding is, you have to:

1. download and print 2 copies of their TRS consent form, and fill them out
2. download a spreadsheet from their site and fill out information about yourself
3. email their office with the aforementioned spreadsheet attached, requesting to submit your passport documents (copy of passport and 2 photos)
4. wait for their email reply which will take about 48 - 72 business hours. the email should have instructions for paying for courier services
5. click the link in their email to pay for courier services
6. wait for a new email with fedex labels to mail your stuff
7. somehow pay for the package transmission fees as well??
8. mail the copy of your passport and 2 photos

that seems like such a convoluted process to me...

Last edited:

bluesky10

Jan 28, 2021
I'm struggling with the same thing myself. The instructions are a bit unclear about how to submit everything to the VFS office in New York.

2. download a spreadsheet from their site and fill out information about yourself
3. email their office with the aforementioned spreadsheet attached, requesting to submit your passport documents (copy of passport and 2 photos)
4. wait for their email reply which will take about 48 - 72 business hours. the email should have instructions for paying for courier services

Thanks! That is my understanding of the process as well. I agree it seems overly complicated. I guess I will follow the process and trust it all works out.

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
What's pre arrival signify? Timeline between PA and decision made ? Visa office new Delhi
It signifies relationship genuity implying no interview, ie if there hasn't been any interview yet. However, the BGC might still be in process or BGC finished just awaiting an officer to finish the process. That's where no one can predict. Could take from days to say 3 months. Could even be more than.

Sandy2020

Star Member
Jun 14, 2020
It signifies relationship genuity implying no interview, ie if there hasn't been any interview yet. However, the BGC might still be in process or BGC finished just awaiting an officer to finish the process. That's where no one can predict. Could take from days to say 3 months. Could even be more than.
Thank you very much .

dabigbass

Apr 20, 2021
Thanks! That is my understanding of the process as well. I agree it seems overly complicated. I guess I will follow the process and trust it all works out.
I got an email reply from them 24 hours later with a link to pay for both the courier services and package transmission fee. It came out to about $90.

They stipulate in their email that after you pay, to email them back again with your address and they'll send the fedex labels.

At least both payments were taken care of at the same time.

Last edited:

trancemist

Aug 25, 2020
Category........
FAM

NOTE: what I write below applies only if you applied from within the United States...

You basically have it right (I just went through this and received the COPR via return FedEx today).

The only correction for what you have is that #7 is done when you do #5...
BUT you must state in the email that you send your spreadsheet in that you want to pay the package transmission fee at the same time as the FedEx labels. Then they will set it up to invoice you for both. Otherwise you must send a money order.

A day or so later I got the invoice (FedEx + transmission fee).
A day or so later I got an email with the two FedEx labels.

I recommend entering both FedEx Airbills into whatever tracking mechanism you have (FedEx website, Deliveries app) that way you will be notified with status updates of both the going and returning package as they are routed.

Also, in step #2 (above) you are entering all of the information that they need for each applicant (primary applicant and dependents in application, if any) that was part of your application.

Much of this is explained in the FAQ that on the VFS website that they provide a link to in the PPR email that you receive.

I had to read and re-read the email and info on the website about 5 times before I felt like I understood it. I recommend doing the same. Take your time.

Mikel

trancemist

Aug 25, 2020
Category........
FAM
Congrats! I got PPR as well. I am confused about how to submit a copy of my passport though. Did you send through VFS? Is that required? I only need to send a photocopy.
If you hold a passport from a Visa exempt country (i.e. you would otherwise not require a Visa to visit Canada) then you only send a photocopy of your passport + two updated photos.
Otherwise you have to send your actual passport + two updated photos.

Read the PPR email again.
Then read it again, more slowly.
Then read it again, more carefully.
Then again... :)
Then follow the links and read all of that information, over, and over and over, until you are certain.
(that's what I did)