+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****October 2020 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

Ms.kaka

Star Member
Jan 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All, just to update. I got my medical exam request in mid-June. and today, I got letters from IRCC saying both me and my wife have met the eligibility to sponsor/to apply for PR. I think things are moving pretty fast now once you get your AOR. All the best and good luck everyone!! Quick question, since both I and my wife have met the eligibility, does that mean we are almost certain our PR application will be approved? Thanks!

When comes to eligibility ,both of you were good. Then after both of you had passed the medical exams, I can say that your pr is certain already.

Reactions: goodluckya

CocoWin16

Oct 15, 2020
Hi All, just to update. I got my medical exam request in mid-June. and today, I got letters from IRCC saying both me and my wife have met the eligibility to sponsor/to apply for PR. I think things are moving pretty fast now once you get your AOR. All the best and good luck everyone!! Quick question, since both I and my wife have met the eligibility, does that mean we are almost certain our PR application will be approved? Thanks!
If there won't be any problems with your Background Check (Criminality and Security)...then you're ending towards getting your PR approved anytime soon. I'm quite sure you will pass the BGC with flying colors though. Congratulations in advance.

Diegof09

Star Member
Dec 28, 2015
If there won't be any problems with your Background Check (Criminality and Security)...then you're ending towards getting your PR approved anytime soon. I'm quite sure you will pass the BGC with flying colors though. Congratulations in advance.
Are they asking for police certificates from your country? I know I had to get my fingerprints taken when I did my PR in 2015, but for my wife it says they are processing her background check but they never asked her for anything , and eligibility hasn’t been started.

goodluckya

Jun 1, 2021
Are they asking for police certificates from your country? I know I had to get my fingerprints taken when I did my PR in 2015, but for my wife it says they are processing her background check but they never asked her for anything , and eligibility hasn’t been started.
i have already sent my wife's police certificates with the application. they haven't asked me for additional info/documents so far.

Diegof09

Star Member
Dec 28, 2015
i have already sent my wife's police certificates with the application. they haven't asked me for additional info/documents so far.
They didn’t ask for those when I submitted my application! Lawyer didn’t mention them, besides I think police certificates expire in 6 months no?

goodluckya

Jun 1, 2021
They didn’t ask for those when I submitted my application! Lawyer didn’t mention them, besides I think police certificates expire in 6 months no?
I see, police certificate was one of the items on the checklist. regarding the expiry, i am not really sure. will have to see what IRCC says and will update if they ask me for a new certificate.

CocoWin16

Oct 15, 2020
After submitting a webform (about OWP Application) today June 30, 2021, I immediately received a Letter from IRCC and they answered my query. Since I have the PR already, OWP will no longer be required and that the file will now be closed. Payment done through credit card will be credited to the same card used and if paid by cash (through Debit Card) a cheque will be issued and mailed to the payee's address. Refund will be in 6 to 8 weeks.

jtyvie

Sep 22, 2019
Got PR portal login credentials today:D
One question is, I thought "Decision Made" comes before the PR portal? From the spreadsheet, I saw most people received DM first and then PR portal. Not sure if my situation is normal?

Reactions: Clairenguyen

Clairenguyen

Jan 2, 2020
my app receeived in Oct 6 2020, I learnt how to link app with GCkey in June 17 and then AoR come June 18. I see some of you moving fast but mine seems to have none of moving. I supplemented a job offer letter for an essential worker position since Feb but not yet hear any for OWP. Im separated with my minor children for nearly 2 years already, desperately cried out many times, just wonder if they forgot my appl

Last edited:

Sjr_2804

Jul 9, 2021
Hey there! Application submitted 19th of october here. We were assigned a temporary file number late May, but no AOR yet. We called and were told husband's security check is done and now they are proceeding with mine. Any idea on how long this would take? Also, what is the next step until we get the OWP? Anyone moved directly to PR (nothing wrong in being super hopeful)? Thanks in advance for any info you can provide!!

mph.mph

Star Member
Apr 9, 2021
Hey there! Application submitted 19th of october here. We were assigned a temporary file number late May, but no AOR yet. We called and were told husband's security check is done and now they are proceeding with mine. Any idea on how long this would take? Also, what is the next step until we get the OWP? Anyone moved directly to PR (nothing wrong in being super hopeful)? Thanks in advance for any info you can provide!!
Hey! That's good, it's progressing. I tried to call IRCC yesterday and today but can't connect to an agent.

jtyvie

Sep 22, 2019
my app receeived in Oct 6 2020, I learnt how to link app with GCkey in June 17 and then AoR come June 18. I see some of you moving fast but mine seems to have none of moving. I supplemented a job offer letter for an essential worker position since Feb but not yet hear any for OWP. Im separated with my minor children for nearly 2 years already, desperately cried out many times, just wonder if they forgot my appl
I got my eCoPR but my OWP has never been processed. Someone from this forum said that CIC nowadays skips OWP and process PR directly. I guess it might be the case.

Reactions: Sjr_2804

davidoqc

Jun 2, 2021
Category........
FAM
Any other October people still waiting for AOR? I applied Oct 6th, got my GCMS notes the other day and they give no info at all as to why my application is so far behind, no completeness check noted either :/