+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****October 2020 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

bcpnppr000

Oct 20, 2016
I received a pre- arrival letter from the immigration.. but i have a question.. i was in my visitor visa when i came here in canada my visitor visa expired on january. I applied my application including work permit on october.. i am still in the implied status now right???

Staceylbp

May 20, 2021
Hey all! Is anyone else still waiting for their AOR from early October? My app was received on October 6th and I've not heard a word since the pre-AOR. Getting a bit worried about it considering that most of mid-October has started to get their AOR and other documents and I've been left behind.
Hey! I only just got my pre-AOR a few days ago and my application was received October 22! So you are definitely not alone!! Hopefully we get our AORs soon. I feel like I am way behind everyone

kpaxian

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-11-2020
AOR Received.
10-07-2021
Med's Request
20-07-2021
Med's Done....
16-08-2021
Got AOR today, application sent Oct 12 and received Oct 15, got temporary AOR December 12
Remember to update the spreadsheet!

pwalia

Mar 6, 2021
Is there any link for Oct 2020 inland spousal what's app group...
Moreover can please provide some information why Oct month is only taking so long for even sending AOR ,Nov and Dec month are ahead of us from 16 Oct till 30 Oct still pending with AOR

jtyvie

Sep 22, 2019
I received a pre- arrival letter from the immigration.. but i have a question.. i was in my visitor visa when i came here in canada my visitor visa expired on january. I applied my application including work permit on october.. i am still in the implied status now right???
Same situation... My visitor visa will be expired in 3 days, which is June 10th. Got pre-arrival letter too but still no work permit. I think to legally stay in Canada, I'll need to extend my visitor record.

This is the article I read:
https://dfimmigration.ca/2021/01/14/what-is-implied-status-a-comprehensive-guide/

dreamscanadian

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-10-2020
Same situation... My visitor visa will be expired in 3 days, which is June 10th. Got pre-arrival letter too but still no work permit. I think to legally stay in Canada, I'll need to extend my visitor record.

This is the article I read:
https://dfimmigration.ca/2021/01/14/what-is-implied-status-a-comprehensive-guide/

My paralegal said that it seems like they are pushing through PR and skipping OWP on a lot of files right now. If you applied for your OWP you'll be in maintained status ( formerly known as implied status) when your visitor status expires. However, I wouldn't recommend letting your visitor status expire if you can help it.

jtyvie

Sep 22, 2019
My paralegal said that it seems like they are pushing through PR and skipping OWP on a lot of files right now. If you applied for your OWP you'll be in maintained status ( formerly known as implied status) when your visitor status expires. However, I wouldn't recommend letting your visitor status expire if you can help it.
Thanks for your input. I'm applying for my second visitor record extension. Though I feel like I can get PR soon based on the timeline

dreamscanadian

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-10-2020
Thanks for your input. I'm applying for my second visitor record extension. Though I feel like I can get PR soon based on the timeline
I was thinking that too- you are SO CLOSE. :) It might even come before your visitor extension does!

• Haha
Reactions: jtyvie

Diegof09

Star Member
Dec 28, 2015

dreamscanadian

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-10-2020
My wife’s visa expired back in March, they recommended just to wait, since she is in implied status!!
My lawyer is STILL wanting me to cross the border and restore my status....even with implied/maintained status. <shrug> The only reason he isn't insisting on it is that I have to fly back and that hotel requirement is $$$$$.

kpaxian

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-11-2020
AOR Received.
10-07-2021
Med's Request
20-07-2021
Med's Done....
16-08-2021
People who got actual AORs: what time of day did they arrive in your e-mail?

goodluckya

Jun 1, 2021
i also got mine on a Saturday and just got a biometric request today (i submitted my app on Oct/15th). i think we are getting there, as long as your apps are not returned by now, you should be good.. just a matter of time...good luck to all

Reactions: JnYinCANADA