Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-10-2020
I went coupls of lawyer they asked $4k + tax and plus application fees.
I backed out cause I am gonna collect all the papers, write all the letters, fill out all the forms and they will just do the review and its too expensive I would rather make myself educated and apply by myself.

I just wanted someone who can review my papers and for that I can pay upto $2k. But no lawyers want to only get paid for review docu..

any suggestions?
Not sure if you solved this yet - But you could also look at ICCRC Certified Consultants to review your papers. I am not sure what their rates are or if they would just review rather than compile and review. Honestly, once I saw all the things our lawyers put together that was above and beyond what I had done myself - I was even happier that we went the lawyer route.

@Diegof09 might have some other recommendations too since they were able to find someone at a lower rate.

Last edited:

faizalsha

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
any anyone sent an application via canada post? and successfully got AOR or biometrics email? Please reply

dark_horizon

Jul 9, 2018
Hi All, I already made the payment for Spouse PR and OWP, but did not pay for biometrics since it was shown that the biometrics my wife submitted during her visitor visa (applied in Jan 2020) were valid. I havent sent out the application yet. Is there any way to pay for biometrics separately and send that receipt too? Don't want my application to be delayed because of this.

wallywaf

Aug 21, 2020
I submitted by October and I realized that on question #5 (Address History) on IMM 5532 I filled out the address history correctly in the space given- but forgot to include my supplemental Word Doc I made to give my other address to add up to the 5 years. :oops:

I do not have a UCI number, and unable to link to GCkey at this time. I was planning to trying to send in a webform once I get some sort of confirmation or temp file # (if they don’t just send it back). Any way to mail it to attach to my file or any benefit from calling CIC?

bb8812

Oct 30, 2020
We just got our prospective application number as well today! I sent in an updated IMM5406 form and explanation letter using webform so fingers crossed the app doesn’t get sent back for a silly mistake (missing my sisters full address).

Reactions: Nelly1921

jestemania

Dec 15, 2020
The same happened to me. Missed a signature on IMM 5669. Apparently you have to electronically sign it and then sign it by hand again if you send it in on paper. And make sure it is blue ink. What the heck. And the zip codes on the IMM5406 as well. I also already had an application number and an email asking about me showing proof of payment for Biometrics. So wierd.
Blue ink the fuuu....k??

JosMu

Oct 6, 2020
Hello just want an update. We received our temporary application number just now. Hows everyone doing?
Hi Nelly,

when did you send out your application? I send mine in the beginning of November, got the AOR email a week ago, but I am still not sure if my application wont be send back again. I tried linking my temporary application number with my online account but it didn't work. Did you had any luck?

JosMu

Oct 6, 2020
Just a general questions. I got my Pr back on the 4th of October because of a missing signature on one document and missing Canadian zip codes. This caused me to loose my implied work status and i am currently out of status. I knwo I have 90 days to restore my status and did so with my new PR and OWP application, that I send out in November. I already got an email with a temporary application number, but I am still not sure If my OWP or PR might get returned again. My consultant advised me to apply for restoration as a visitor in my online profile, just in case my OWP gets rejected. Does anybody know what are the benefits of this. What difference does it make if I am out of status or on a visitor status if I am not allowed to work or get IE anyway.

I am just thinking in case my PR gets rejected again. Will I be able to apply a 3rd time if I am out of status? Or only if I have a valid status? I kinda dont feel like paying 300$ for the restoration again, but also dont want to regret it in the future, as I can only restore until 90 days after loosing status. Any experience or knowledge anybody?

JosMu

Oct 6, 2020
Hello just want an update. We received our temporary application number just now. Hows everyone doing?
Hi Nelly, I just received this number on the 10th of December as well. I guess we are both being processed at the same speed. Please keep me updated if you hear anything back from immigration.

Nelly1921

Nov 2, 2020
Hi Nelly,

when did you send out your application? I send mine in the beginning of November, got the AOR email a week ago, but I am still not sure if my application wont be send back again. I tried linking my temporary application number with my online account but it didn't work. Did you had any luck?
hello they received our application last October 15. I did not link it. I’ll be just waiting for my AOR and OWP. Waiting game. 2021 will be our year.