+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

_neil

Apr 30, 2016
Agreed, but to a point.

The processes still take time. the background isn't just looking at someone's passport and determining they're cool, it is digging into records and researching records in countries whose first or second language may not be even close to English or French... This takes time. Trust the system, and you'll be ok. If you have a pressing need, ask for urgent processing, if not, accept the fact that this is government bureaucracy and takes time.

And yes it IS a Privilege, not a right nor an entitlement to receive citizenship, and they are in no way obligated to grant that to me or you or anyone else, for whatever reason they decide, although I haven't heard of very many being denied.

I was just pointing out that there was a lot of whining in this thread, that agitate people and does nothing good.

Point of fact, I applied for PR card this summer, it took longer then anticipated and I requested urgent processing this fall and was granted a new PR Card in time for me to go to Florida, where I'm typing this.

Cheers
H.
I wasn't aiming for your agreement. You have a right and privilege to hold your beliefs ;)

Majority of the applicants for citizenship are a straightforward cases who moved here on PR, traveled maybe a couple of times, and filed the citizenship application literally the day they met the residency requirmement. Every single piece of information for such candidates needs no digging in. It can be obtained by connecting various systems and automatically sharing information. A small minority of cases are more complicated and they can be manually processed. Things will still move a lot faster.

Your own case is a freaking example of god damn broken processes. You mailed your application. It was received, and probably sitting in a storeroom. You sent another one, and marked it as urgent and that got processed. How stupid is that? It bypassed several other applications which were probably sent before your initial application. Why couldn't they just process your original application. Thats what's broken...People who had sent their application 8 months before renewal and still had time left were getting the renewals before the ones whose PR cards already expired, just because the latter had sent in their applications assuming that 4 months was the processing time.

Now, as a thought experiment, imagine that they cataloged each application when it was received...not even anything fancy...just 3 bloody columns in an excel spreadsheet - UID, date of PR expiration, date application received. Then just start processing applications based on PR expiration followed by date received. Simple...

You can consider it privilege or wtfever you want. I consider it a "sale of goods". I paid for every step of application and I continuously pay my taxes. In exchange, I am getting citizenship.

strikeharsh

Apr 6, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
It looks like October applicant hasn’t had any update for a long time except for the UPs. I personally am sitting at 2 months after test completion status on tracker and no update since then. 60 days no updates.

Nov 2, 2021
Ottawa
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Hi All, I have sent my citizenship application in March 2020 and they sent me a Letter of Acknowledgment in Oct 2020. My biometrics was done in Oct 2021 and nothing after that. Anyone else in the same boat? I am being Impatient.

varlam

Dec 6, 2020
It looks like October applicant hasn’t had any update for a long time except for the UPs. I personally am sitting at 2 months after test completion status on tracker and no update since then. 60 days no updates.
i passed the test may 15th, which is almost 6 months ago, and silence ;)

Soundless

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/05/2013
Med's Request
02/04/2014
Med's Done....
12/04/2014
Interview........
27/02/2014
Passport Req..
14/08/2014
VISA ISSUED...
22/09/2014
LANDED..........
31-Mar-2015
A colleague of mine applied online in March 2021 passed the test few weeks ago. Speaking of processes, fairness and effectiveness.

Reactions: varlam

boomshanker

Oct 17, 2016
Same here, I'd order GCMS notes, I got it last week, million words report along with 31 pages, in short, last update 23 April :)
Same here, I received my GCMS notes today.
They have due date for all assessments as 13 - Dec- 2021 for my application.
has clearance request(s) RCMP as Y.
not sure if everyone has that in there GCMS notes or mine is something special.

Also, secondary office is Mississauga

dahab92

May 26, 2014
Scheduled for oath November 23!!! Finally! I want to add I've had decision made since July 27 so its been a long time

Last edited:
Reactions: varlam

H2SO4

Nov 9, 2017
Same here, I received my GCMS notes today.
They have due date for all assessments as 13 - Dec- 2021 for my application.
has clearance request(s) RCMP as Y.
not sure if everyone has that in there GCMS notes or mine is something special.

Also, secondary office is Mississauga
When did you apply for GCMS notes ..?