+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

boomshanker

Oct 17, 2016
Hi April 23rd update people,

I am in same boat, no movement after that. Either the person assigned to theses applicants is taking it easy, or April 23rd last update means, applications put aside, and will be dealt in later. We need to take it to the IRCC attention, How ????
I requested notes Sep 15th, no reply yet?

IRCC is unfair with the que of date of applications. Can somebody take it to CBC, CP24 or City TV channels? Will it make difference? LOL
lol nothing will make a difference until officer actually starts process April 23rd applications lol.

One of my friends who had applied same day along with me has completed his test and my file is not moved last update April 23rd.

May be the files got into two different officers hand.

hopefully things speed up soon been more than a year.

Cheers !!

JM_2015

Nov 3, 2015
Regina
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
03-02-2017
Application sent from Regina on Oct, 16, 2020: AOR:-Jan 07, 2021. BGD completed:- March 24, 2021 and now there is a long silence after April 23, 2021 update. Contacted IRCC through webform and received reply that:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Application sent from Regina on Oct, 16, 2020: AOR:-Jan 07, 2021. BGD completed:- March 24, 2021 and now there is a long silence after April 23, 2021 update. Contacted IRCC through webform and received reply that:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.
I am August 2020 applicant and just did test yesterday.. This is the new speed post covid. Some offices and officers are more efficient than the others, depends entirely on local management in IRCC.

Reactions: varlam

_neil

Apr 30, 2016
If immigration to Canada becomes 10 years, good luck attracting immigrants to Canada. They might as well immigrate to Sweden or US
Yeah, it's not sustainable. With the number of invites going up and harboring of refugees, the govt needs to improve its processes and increase the headcount. If there was an option of waiting 10 years for Canada or 10 years for USA, I can guarantee no one will pick Canada. Canada is the first choice of only those who can't get in the US lol

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Yeah, it's not sustainable. With the number of invites going up and harboring of refugees, the govt needs to improve its processes and increase the headcount. If there was an option of waiting 10 years for Canada or 10 years for USA, I can guarantee no one will pick Canada. Canada is the first choice of only those who can't get in the US lol
I came to Canada to study. I liked the country and people. I decided to stay. But with the passing of time, I have struggled to secure a decent job in my field. I worked in jobs that don't require education, and I have advanced degrees in a STEM field. Canada is a nice country to live in. Quiet, safe, and peaceful. Services normally are good. You have a universal health care. But job-wise it forces immigrants to compromise to stay. To take jobs below their qualifications. That's where Canada is falling short compared to other industrial countries. Canada is still dependent largely on natural resources. For some fields, it maybe the perfect destination, but for most fields, the US and Europe are better options.

_neil

Apr 30, 2016
I came to Canada to study. I liked the country and people. I decided to stay. But with the passing of time, I have struggled to secure a decent job in my field. I worked in jobs that don't require education, and I have advanced degrees in a STEM field. Canada is a nice country to live in. Quiet, safe, and peaceful. Services normally are good. You have a universal health care. But job-wise it forces immigrants to compromise to stay. To take jobs below their qualifications. That's where Canada is falling short compared to other industrial countries. Canada is still dependent largely on natural resources. For some fields, it maybe the perfect destination, but for most fields, the US and Europe are better options.
Pretty much the same experience. It's getting tougher. Plus, with the country supporting more free loaders the taxes are only going to go up.

Doiron5

Aug 23, 2016
Just logged into tracker to find 3 new updates as of Oct 25. On October 22 the following were set to complete Physical presence, language skills and prohibitions. Hopefully oath invite will come soon.

Soundless

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/05/2013
Med's Request
02/04/2014
Med's Done....
12/04/2014
Interview........
27/02/2014
Passport Req..
14/08/2014
VISA ISSUED...
22/09/2014
LANDED..........
31-Mar-2015
Just logged into tracker to find 3 new updates as of Oct 25. On October 22 the following were set to complete Physical presence, language skills and prohibitions. Hopefully oath invite will come soon.

I assume you're done with the knowledge test?

H2SO4

Nov 9, 2017
Any people with April 23rd as last update to there application has there status changed ??

Thanks..
Just like yours mine was stuck with April 23rd as last update for sometime
Family:
Citizenship App Sent: Oct 27th, 2020
Citizenship package received: Oct 28th, 2020
AOR: Jan 28th, 2021
In Process: March 8th, 2021
Background check completed: Sept 21, 2021
Test Invite: Sep 28th 2021
Test Passed:
Oct 21 2021

TheHal

Star Member
Sep 21, 2010
London/St. Thomas for now...
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss -->Buff -->Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Med's Done....
26-10-2010
Interview........
none so far...
Passport Req..
03-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 6th
LANDED..........
Will land 06 june
I feel there's a lot of entitlement and whining by some people.

With Covid rolling hot, most government agencies now work from home, stuff takes time. It added time to our process, but there IS progress... You have online tests now, they didn't exist before. Let the process go. Until you have the citizenship, you're not entitled to one.