Test Invite: 2021/08/18
Test Passed: 2021/08/26
Decision Made: 2021/11/11

waiting for Oath

thanks

Reactions: strikeharsh

mma510

Oct 12, 2020
My application status updated to decision made yesterday 11/11/2021. All but citizenship ceremony are marked as complete. Since you are updating tracker, you can add the note, I was asked for passport copies on 29/09/2021 as well. The final wait shall began.

boomshanker

Oct 17, 2016
Status update. "You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between November 12, 2021 and December 3, 2021. Information and instructions will be sent to you." Received the email today. It's been a long time since Apr 23rd "in progress".
Congrats!! my application is stuck at In Progress - April 23rd.

Hope there is some status change in my file too soon and I receive citizenship test request.

strikeharsh

Apr 6, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I wrote a letter to my MP and hopefully IRCC will reply soon. I have seen GU on 8th Nov, eager to get ceremony as I have travel plans

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
Recently met someone who got her citizenship within 10 months. Not sure why they are prioritizing recent applications when there is so much backlog of people waiting for so long. I cannot comprehend their method to this madness. Any insights?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Recently met someone who got her citizenship within 10 months. Not sure why they are prioritizing recent applications when there is so much backlog of people waiting for so long. I cannot comprehend their method to this madness. Any insights?
You can get many insights, but the one thing for sure is that IRCC is unfair, and they don't care if you contact them and tell them that.

strikeharsh

Apr 6, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I got a reply back from my MP assistant. She reached out to IRCC and got the response back same day for my application. Nothing stands out as I saw everything the same in my citizenship tracker but the last sentence said several weeks until oath ceremony. Not sure if it’s really several weeks or several months.

With reference to the above, IRCC is providing the below response.

Application submitted on 26 Oct 2020 is currently in process at the IRCC office in Scarborough.
Security is passed
Criminality verification is passed
Knowledge Test is passed.
Nothing is being requested and the progress is in order.
It may take several weeks before applicant can be invited to a virtual oath ceremony.

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That
I got a reply back from my MP assistant. She reached out to IRCC and got the response back same day for my application. Nothing stands out as I saw everything the same in my citizenship tracker but the last sentence said several weeks until oath ceremony. Not sure if it’s really several weeks or several months.

With reference to the above, IRCC is providing the below response.

Application submitted on 26 Oct 2020 is currently in process at the IRCC office in Scarborough.
Security is passed
Criminality verification is passed
Knowledge Test is passed.
Nothing is being requested and the progress is in order.
It may take several weeks before applicant can be invited to a virtual oath ceremony.

Thats an optimistic response compared to the one I got from my MP -

File is in Scarborough for processing. It takes 26 months, that means you need to wait until Fall 2022. Thank you.

I applied in August 2020.

• Wow
Reactions: CaBeaver

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not sure if it’s really several weeks or several months.
Looking at the response I received, it seems they know exactly the time frame of when the files will be finalized. They’re busy working on Afghan and PR and Student files right now.. we are at the bottom of the barrel in terms of priority.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Looking at the response I received, it seems they know exactly the time frame of when the files will be finalized. They’re busy working on Afghan and PR and Student files right now.. we are at the bottom of the barrel in terms of priority.
I understand that they prioritizing other categories. What I don't understand why later citizenship applicants are progressing before earlier applicants? I saw a March 2021 applicant (normal processing) received the oath invite (less than 12 months processing time). It would be better if they extend the processing time of recent applications from 12 months say to 18 months so they can advance earlier applicants and give them priority. Nothing is making sense with IRCC. This citizenship experience is becoming terrible.

Reactions: happysheep