+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I understand that they prioritizing other categories. What I don't understand why later citizenship applicants are progressing before earlier applicants? I saw a March 2021 applicant (normal processing) received the oath invite (less than 12 months processing time). It would be better if they extend the processing time of recent applications from 12 months say to 18 months so they can advance earlier applicants and give them priority. Nothing is making sense with IRCC. This citizenship experience is becoming terrible.
I cannot wrap my head around that either, a colleague of mine from Mississauga who applied in March 2021 is already Scheduled for Oath, whereas 2019 and 2020 folks are still in the queue. Nobody seems to have an explanation, the common response is our files are stuck in the Covid category or that the Officers handling 2021 files are more efficient.

Reactions: CaBeaver

strikeharsh

Apr 6, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
it looks like October applicants have no updates for a very long time. Hope IRCC can make some movements.

kathychang

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
ID: kathychang
single
Citizenship App Sent: 2020/10/26
Citizenship package received: 2020/10/27
AOR: 2021/02/01
In Process: 2021/03/10
Test Invite: 2021/08/18
Test Passed: 2021/08/26
Decision Made: 2021/11/11

waiting for Oath

thanks

update: received oath date today
Oath is scheduled for January 28, 2022

Reactions: dahab92

strikeharsh

Apr 6, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I just got update today. SCR office
im Scarborough office too. We submitted on the same day. I was able to do test on August 13th but I didn’t have time so I did it on 2nd of September. According to your timeline, I should get DM this week. And get my oath in Feb

varlam

Dec 6, 2020
I got a reply back from my MP assistant. She reached out to IRCC and got the response back same day for my application. Nothing stands out as I saw everything the same in my citizenship tracker but the last sentence said several weeks until oath ceremony. Not sure if it’s really several weeks or several months.

With reference to the above, IRCC is providing the below response.

Application submitted on 26 Oct 2020 is currently in process at the IRCC office in Scarborough.
Security is passed
Criminality verification is passed
Knowledge Test is passed.
Nothing is being requested and the progress is in order.
It may take several weeks before applicant can be invited to a virtual oath ceremony.

i heard back "several weeks before ..." and that was end of May 2021....almost six months ago :) just saying..

Sonikky

Apr 4, 2016
The citizenship test activity on my application was marked as completed on Aug 24. Since then, there has been no update on my application. Not even on the old platform.

The processing time for citizenship still shows as 12 months on CIC website. My application is more than a year old now; it's so frustrating.

UniqueCase

Jul 10, 2018
The citizenship test activity on my application was marked as completed on Aug 24. Since then, there has been no update on my application. Not even on the old platform.

The processing time for citizenship still shows as 12 months on CIC website. My application is more than a year old now; it's so frustrating.
My test was marked as complete on Aug 30th and no updates after that. What is your processing office?

kathychang

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
im Scarborough office too. We submitted on the same day. I was able to do test on August 13th but I didn’t have time so I did it on 2nd of September. According to your timeline, I should get DM this week. And get my oath in Feb
Yours should be updated soon, a lots of people start getting notifications from Scarborough office.
I'm happy my oath is not end of December. Otherwise, Christmas plans.. bye bye.

UniqueCase

Jul 10, 2018
I saw many Nov and Dec 2020 applicants getting oath invite and there has been very less movement in Oct applications. Is it because folks aren't updating on the forum?

happysheep

Star Member
Sep 23, 2021
I understand that they prioritizing other categories. What I don't understand why later citizenship applicants are progressing before earlier applicants? I saw a March 2021 applicant (normal processing) received the oath invite (less than 12 months processing time). It would be better if they extend the processing time of recent applications from 12 months say to 18 months so they can advance earlier applicants and give them priority. Nothing is making sense with IRCC. This citizenship experience is becoming terrible.
That’s why I’m thinking to withdraw the old application and apply again. I’ve been waiting for oath invitation for 4.5 months after DM