27/02/2014
Passport Req..
14/08/2014
VISA ISSUED...
22/09/2014
LANDED..........
31-Mar-2015
Prepare for further delay

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

In order to respond to the high volume of enquiries related to the situation in Afghanistan we have shifted resources in our Client Support Centre and are responding to priority enquiries [emea01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com] only.

We will respond to these priority enquiries only:

· Clients in crisis situations (like those affected by the situation in Afghanistan)

· Clients facing vulnerable circumstances (emergency and urgent requests)

· Clients who need to tell us about a change in their circumstances, which has a direct impact on their application (like marriage, birth of a child, or similar)

· Clients who are submitting documents requested by one of our officers

· Changes in contact information

· Requests to withdraw an application or refunds

· Ask questions about the 2021 invitations to apply to sponsor parents and grandparents

If your enquiry is NOT one of the priority enquiries listed above, you will not receive a reply.

If you included attachments with your enquiry, rest assured that they will be added to your file shortly.

varlam

Dec 6, 2020
Prepare for further delay

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

In order to respond to the high volume of enquiries related to the situation in Afghanistan we have shifted resources in our Client Support Centre and are responding to priority enquiries [emea01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com] only.

· Clients in crisis situations (like those affected by the situation in Afghanistan)

· Clients who need to tell us about a change in their circumstances, which has a direct impact on their application (like marriage, birth of a child, or similar)

· Ask questions about the 2021 invitations to apply to sponsor parents and grandparents

If your enquiry is NOT one of the priority enquiries listed above, you will not receive a reply.

If you included attachments with your enquiry, rest assured that they will be added to your file shortly.
this sucks really, to my understand the wait time will be really long, like another 2-3 years.

i have information, that the citizenship applicants have really really really lowest priority for CIC. they took your money, you pay taxes, why would govt bother about you? just think about it...

Reactions: boomshanker

boomshanker

Oct 17, 2016
Meanwhile 2021 people are finishing tests and are being scheduled for oaths too.. Its an unfair world.. hang in there
I guess for them the whole process is electronic and online. We were the last ones who have applied citizenship grant application in paper format.
Hope ours is done soon.

americanincanada

Jun 4, 2021
Category........
CEC
this sucks really, to my understand the wait time will be really long, like another 2-3 years.

i have information, that the citizenship applicants have really really really lowest priority for CIC. they took your money, you pay taxes, why would govt bother about you? just think about it...
Maybe they will start to care more if people give up on Canada and move somewhere else.

varlam

Dec 6, 2020
Maybe they will start to care more if people give up on Canada and move somewhere else.
not everyone can do that. but if whoever is in this waiting list(maybe already ~200K) will just leave the country, we will see how this will impact economy and how in one day, even without oath everyone waiting will be granted the citizenship :) lol

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018

Yes, citizenship is low priority, but IRCC is incompetent. Let's call it what it is. I also sent my PR renewal card 3 months ago, and it's still not open, and I don't expect to hear from them for another 6-8 weeks the least. It's incompetency at its highest level, combined with unaccountability.

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, citizenship is low priority, but IRCC is incompetent. Let's call it what it is. I also sent my PR renewal card 3 months ago, and it's still not open, and I don't expect to hear from them for another 6-8 weeks the least. It's incompetency at its highest level, combined with unaccountability.
You have to admire their greed. With this level of backlog they still want to take on 401,000 new Permanent Residents, 90,000 inland CEC applicants - PR, 40,000 Afghan Refugees and 400,000 international students. Notwithstanding the countless spousal applications and other family class applications sitting on hold……

Reactions: boomshanker

varlam

Dec 6, 2020
i have mentioned multiple times on this forum already, they have feeling of responsibility or whatsoever. they dont bother about us or anyone else.
cic/govt is just sitting at home, getting their pay cheques and they are happy. why would they bother ?
whatever you tell them, they say it is covid, it is i dont know what and i dont know what.

this is what you get back from them and you need to be happy they respond at all. i am sure, one day will come and they will not even bother responding this stupid automatic messages. they will say covid is in our PC we cannot respond. lol
and again, i have no more hopes with these guys. everyone waiting for them, just need to take and leave this country. or who knows? maybe ppl are happy they dont work, they get money from government, others are working paying taxes so government can pay money to others.
it is no-brainer :)

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

If you included attachments with your enquiry, rest assured that they will be added to your file shortly. "

again... no more hopes with this guys

PS. it is good that we have this forum and can complain and someone will read your complaint :D lol

Reactions: CaBeaver

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
You have to admire their greed. With this level of backlog they still want to take on 401,000 new Permanent Residents, 90,000 inland CEC applicants - PR, 40,000 Afghan Refugees and 400,000 international students. Notwithstanding the countless spousal applications and other family class applications sitting on hold……
If they want to take all these categories, and be efficient, they should allocate more resources. The disaster happened between March and Dec 2020. IRCC was sitting home doing nothing waiting for the lockdown to be lifted, while accepting applications. Bad calculation. Now many applicants are suffering because of that, and IRCC moved on as if nothing happened by focusing on later applications and essentially ignoring earlier applications from late 2019 and early 2020.

varlam

Dec 6, 2020
If they want to take all these categories, and be efficient, they should allocate more resources. The disaster happened between March and Dec 2020. IRCC was sitting home doing nothing waiting for the lockdown to be lifted, while accepting applications. Bad calculation. Now many applicants are suffering because of that, and IRCC moved on as if nothing happened by focusing on later applications and essentially ignoring earlier applications from late 2019 and early 2020.
obviously they need management change. because of bad management all the applicants are in uncertain situations in terms of their applications. this is impacting ppl destinies, their work opportunities, their family situations, their health, and many other aspects...
this is ppl life impacting event, and nobody wants to take responsibility. you call the call center, ask them who i can complain about CIC work, they say nobody. lol no management, no escalation points nothing, call center is on their own, immigration officers on their own...
what you can expect from such a "company" ? lol

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Which makes one thing very clear, they only care about $… Just like any other Corporate operation.

Soundless

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/05/2013
Med's Request
02/04/2014
Med's Done....
12/04/2014
Interview........
27/02/2014
Passport Req..
14/08/2014
VISA ISSUED...
22/09/2014
LANDED..........
31-Mar-2015
My family received their passports today. 18 months since application submission. I guess our timeline won't be faster.

Reactions: varlam