Feb 11, 2021
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
26-11-2020
Hello everyone!

I hope someone, especially @legalfalcon, could clarify this point.

Almost a year has passed since my previous med exam, so I checked the med center web site to estimate the average number of days from booking to the exam. In my country, there's only one official med centre and it provides only 4 seats per day. WHAAAT???
As a result, the closest date of the re-med is available in the end of September. About 45 days from today, which is slightly more than mandatory 30 days allowed by IRCC for providing additional documents.

So, my questions are:
1. Can official med centres provide some paper which IRCC accepts as a confirmation that an applicant cannot visit the exam in the mandatory time frame because of blah-blah-blah? Unfortunately, there's no harsh quarantine restriction in my country which can be estimated as a reasonable proof why I should get extra 30 days; the reason that the centre has a dumb policy of 4 bookings per day won't be considered as reasonable, as I think.
2. Can I take an upfront med exam as I did almost a year ago? Or do I have to do it only after receiving an official request from IRCC?

JagannathM

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-09-2020
Med's Request
09-12-2021
Med's Done....
11-12-2021
Hello Everyone,

I had summitted a webform inquiry as my application had passed 8 month limit and the following was the response received.
This doesn't look like a standard webform response. Does this mean that my eligibility has passed? ( I know it is difficult to tell without the GCMS notes, but wanted to check if any others have gotten this kind of similar response)
======================================================================================
Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.
All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.
Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.
We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.
Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.
Furthermore, please note that there are two ways you can check your application status online. You can verify the status of your application:
  • Submitted by mail (if it was not linkedto an online account):
  • Submitted online orsubmitted by mail and linked to an online account:
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: If you are not the intended recipient or if you received this communication in error, please delete the message without copying or disclosing it.
Note The information provided may change without notice. If there is conflicting information between the text in the email and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the Citizenship Act or their regulations, the Act and/or Regulations prevail. This email was sent to you in the language of your choice. The information on the IRCC website is available in both official languages. The masculine form may have been used for convenience
===================================================================================================
Hi, how much time it took to get the response. I have created a web form but have not received for last 2 wks.

Projectina

Jul 5, 2021
Hi, how much time it took to get the response. I have created a web form but have not received for last 2 wks.
one time I submitted webform 1 time to change my address, they didn’t reply at all and I had to call.

Another time I submitted webform to tell them I needed more time to submit additional documents, they replied in 3 weeks

Projectina

Jul 5, 2021
Hi guys, I got my GCMS note today and I appreciate your explanation

eligibility: passed
Criminality: in progress
Security : not started
Médical: passed
Info sharing: complète

I found a due date for my security to be on Nov 24, 2021. Do they really go by these due dates?
Thanks

cck1986

May 8, 2020
I created a webform on Sunday and I got a reply today don’t worry your application is in progress . Expect delays and we can’t guarantee timelines. 15 months completed already so don’t know how long have to wait and CEC inland without travel restrictions

• Sad
Reactions: upon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello everyone!

I hope someone, especially @legalfalcon, could clarify this point.

Almost a year has passed since my previous med exam, so I checked the med center web site to estimate the average number of days from booking to the exam. In my country, there's only one official med centre and it provides only 4 seats per day. WHAAAT???
As a result, the closest date of the re-med is available in the end of September. About 45 days from today, which is slightly more than mandatory 30 days allowed by IRCC for providing additional documents.

So, my questions are:
1. Can official med centres provide some paper which IRCC accepts as a confirmation that an applicant cannot visit the exam in the mandatory time frame because of blah-blah-blah? Unfortunately, there's no harsh quarantine restriction in my country which can be estimated as a reasonable proof why I should get extra 30 days; the reason that the centre has a dumb policy of 4 bookings per day won't be considered as reasonable, as I think.
2. Can I take an upfront med exam as I did almost a year ago? Or do I have to do it only after receiving an official request from IRCC?

1. When you get a med done you will be provided with an upfront sheet, and you will have to send this to IRCC as proof that the meds were done. Also, the upfront sheet will have the Immigration Medical Exam (IME) which will be used by IRCC to locate the results of your medical after they are uploaded by the panel physician. See https://bit.ly/3jN6p0x

2. YEs. However, currently, IRCC has a policy of extending medicals. See #13,190

Reactions: VVV62

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
Hi guys, I got my GCMS note today and I appreciate your explanation

eligibility: passed
Criminality: in progress
Security : not started
Médical: passed

I found a due date for my security to be on Nov 24, 2021. Do they really go by these due dates?
Thanks
Does anywhere in your criminality section say 'fingerprints required' if so thats the reason its still not finished. Otherwise, theyve been lazy.

Due dates are a reminder for an officer to look at the file again. Sometimes they do, sometimes not.

mak089

Star Member
Oct 28, 2020
my medicals expired on Aug 10. But in my portal it still shows the last medical pass date. Generally after how many days it will be updated in portal?

Projectina

Jul 5, 2021
Does anywhere in your criminality section say 'fingerprints required' if so thats the reason its still not finished. Otherwise, theyve been lazy.

Due dates are a reminder for an officer to look at the file again. Sometimes they do, sometimes not.
Aah ok
No there is not mentioned, what’s mentioned is (fingerprinting is complete and passed) in the section of background check ;
biometrics : fingerprint is complete /passed
criminality in progress
Security: not started

Shar2at

Feb 12, 2021
Beirut
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
my medicals expired on Aug 10. But in my portal it still shows the last medical pass date. Generally after how many days it will be updated in portal?
My medical expired on July 18 and I got ghost update on July 19 and then status changed to medical not required on July 21.
So I guess it shouldn't take much time, probably next week it will show on your portal.

mak089

Star Member
Oct 28, 2020
My medical expired on July 18 and I got ghost update on July 19 and then status changed to medical not required on July 21.
So I guess it shouldn't take much time, probably next week it will show on your portal.
ok this is weird. its been 3 days my medicals expired but no update yet.