+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>OCTOBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

rajiyer

Star Member
Nov 19, 2020
You can write to your MP's office. They are responsive. It can have your file looked at by some officer for sure.
Thank you for the suggestion friend. I already reached out to my MP. But it didn't affect my file at all. They are just able to provide updates to my file

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
Guys... moving on from the 'Until / till' confusion... I am writing this post to understand the importance and necessity of GCMS notes.
My timeline is in the signature. do check it.
At the time of applying for PR, I had decided not to order for GCMS notes in the entire process as it makes a person too impatient.
My question is, How important are these GCMS notes? Is it possible that I may miss a communication or update without these notes? Or are there any updates / actionable they may convey only through these notes and not in the portal?
I have not received any ghost updates or communication since 7th dec2020 when prompted for RPRF fees payment. I am absolutely clueless of status of my application and 10 months passed, I am wondering if I should order these notes now.
Share your views and experiences please.....
the gcms notes will give you a clear look into where your application stands. at 10 months, one would hope that eligilibility has been passed. after that it is just a matter of waiting until travel restrictions are lifted for your approval (if youre fsw). It will also give you a look into whether there are any issues with your eligiliblity (if they calculated fewer points than you thought and why, and if you notice that before they do something, ppl have gotten their approvals when they fix it asap).

again, if your notes show your eligilibility is passed, welcome to the waiting game. it will come, someday.

Reactions: MJ Mumbai

GurpreetKalra23

Aug 31, 2020
Yeah, we're all waiting for even one person residing outside Canada and the US to get CoPR. That will be a great sign. But as far as MyImmiTracker goes, nothing yet.
My COR is USA with no previous visa rejections; Still it does not move..

It is getting into nerves now

MJ Mumbai

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
the gcms notes will give you a clear look into where your application stands. at 10 months, one would hope that eligilibility has been passed. after that it is just a matter of waiting until travel restrictions are lifted for your approval (if youre fsw). It will also give you a look into whether there are any issues with your eligiliblity (if they calculated fewer points than you thought and why, and if you notice that before they do something, ppl have gotten their approvals when they fix it asap).

again, if your notes show your eligilibility is passed, welcome to the waiting game. it will come, someday.
From where do we apply for these GCMS notes ? can we do it through IRCC website or are there agents for it ? Fees ? Time taken ?

Aditis123

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Dear mates ,
I would request u guys to share some insight regarding ircc taking decisions on FSW(outland) files .
This delay is actually taking a toll on our lives and there's no one to clarify what future holds .
I heartily request to put forward ur vision in order to calm nerves under this unbearable wait .

Reactions: Lulu69

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
Dear mates ,
I would request u guys to share some insight regarding ircc taking decisions on FSW(outland) files .
This delay is actually taking a toll on our lives and there's no one to clarify what future holds .
I heartily request to put forward ur vision in order to calm nerves under this unbearable wait .
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/fsw-worldwide.739338/unread

check out this thread. That's where all the conversation is happening.

mak089

Star Member
Oct 28, 2020
got this email from IRCC today for survey. Did any one received it?

Dear Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) client,

You have been selected to take part in a voluntary Government of Canada exercise that you can complete before 18th August. Your email address was identified in our immigration application records.

These questions ask if and how COVID-19 has influenced your immigration plans. By collecting responses from thousands of people, IRCC will better understand the situations that its clients are facing and when they come to Canada, which will help inform our operational planning. This invitation has been sent to a select group of clients, please do not share it with others.

Reactions: Pretom Ghosh

akh136

Star Member
Apr 18, 2019
got this email from IRCC today for survey. Did any one received it?

Dear Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) client,

You have been selected to take part in a voluntary Government of Canada exercise that you can complete before 18th August. Your email address was identified in our immigration application records.

These questions ask if and how COVID-19 has influenced your immigration plans. By collecting responses from thousands of people, IRCC will better understand the situations that its clients are facing and when they come to Canada, which will help inform our operational planning. This invitation has been sent to a select group of clients, please do not share it with others.
I received it. Haven't responded yet as wasn't sure if it's genuine

Reactions: Pretom Ghosh

akh136

Star Member
Apr 18, 2019
@mak089 @akh136 guys go all out! :D Let them know what we're going through
I guess they know and they just don't care. I mean people have their funds tied up... important life decisions on hold. If that's not moving them what will these responses do. Still I would give them bitterest response possible for this sloppy handling of a life altering event for us.

Reactions: jabrams001