FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
29-06-2020
AOR Received.
23-11-2020
Got PR confirmation portal request email on July 13..AOR oct 2020...EE PNP..

however, i am out of Canada and married now..i replied them about it and didnt get any response so far.. @legalfalcon what would be the next step from their side in this situation?
Congrats! Did you ever update your settlement funds?

za_skrub

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020
and

Due date is mentioned of January 2021. Got GCMS notes in July 2021 and still its at review required. AOR is September 2020.
Basically only a case processing agent had touched your file for the most recent update on eligibility check and proposed to the officer what's on your notes. If you can upload employment verification letter with suggested changes (detailed list of duties and responsibilities) it'd be great but it's still up to the officers verdict. It only takes the office a short period of time for your app to make a huge step forward but seems they all are occupied rn...It's been 4 mths without progress for my case, btw.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
and

Due date is mentioned of January 2021. Got GCMS notes in July 2021 and still its at review required. AOR is September 2020.

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied to (FSW / CEC / FTW). To streamline this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision-making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize them in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or is “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employee cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst/assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst/assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst/assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is a “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are known as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF is anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

These are just some of the scenarios.

vbs91

Nov 29, 2020
Travel ban has been extended till sept 1 from India? What does that mean for us FSWO candidates? Files won't be touched till then?

CA_PR_2020

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
and

You should arrange and send reference letter immediately. (include job duties, mention full time employee and working period dates/months).
Along with reference letter send salary slips, ( atleast 6 salary slips if it is 3 years work experience of previous company).
Give all possible proofs ...If you have Income tax return filed for those financial years attach that as well.
If you can arrange reference letter from a superior or from a colleague upload that as well.
Do you have copy of ID card of your previous company give that proof as well.

Prepare a cover letter and mention all that proof of employment of previous company for them to verify and review.

Before they give out any decision I think you should arrange these documents and send it through webform. Good luck

Reactions: LandCanada2021

datguytomi

Nov 3, 2020
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra (Moved to RROC December 2021)
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
31-10-2020
File Transfer...
02-12-2021
Passport Req..
16-03-2022
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2022
LANDED..........
21-06-2022
@legalfalcon hi. My meds expire in September & I’m thinking to do one ahead on or before it expires. Will I be complicating things if I did my remed days before it expires? I heard sometimes an expired or about to expire med might delay PPR issuance

JRD0218

Star Member
Jan 4, 2021
@legalfalcon hi. My meds expire in September & I’m thinking to do one ahead on or before it expires. Will I be complicating things if I did my remed days before it expires? I heard sometimes an expired or about to expire med might delay PPR issuance
My medicals are also expiring in September.
But is it ok to do re-medicals in advance?

dhruvbajaj39

Feb 19, 2021
Travel ban has been extended till sept 1 from India? What does that mean for us FSWO candidates? Files won't be touched till then?
I dont think they filter applications out by country of residence. If borders open then people can fly indirectly as well, its dependent on them deciding when to start clearing the backlog

Reactions: DT16

rajsandhu1989

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2020
Med's Done....
24-11-2020
I think it has nothing to do with the direct flight ban with the processing of FSW-O applications.

As per few newspapers, the Indian Government is in talks with the Canadian government and this should be resolved soon. The Canadian government has some concerns with the -ve covid report we get in India, I have heard that they may set a covid testing facility near the airport where you will have to undergo covid test and you will get your report in 8 to 10 hours. or some dedicated labs only or some other method.

So, FSW-O application processing will not be affected by this, if they decided to start.

Reactions: JRD0218

binder1232

Oct 28, 2013
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07th October 2020
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
25 November 2020
AOR Received.
24 December 2020
IELTS Request
passed
File Transfer...
24 December 2020
Med's Request
Upfront done
Med's Done....
03/02/2021
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
24-06-2022
VISA ISSUED...
11 July 2022
LANDED..........
N.A.
I think it has nothing to do with the direct flight ban with the processing of FSW-O applications.

As per few newspapers, the Indian Government is in talks with the Canadian government and this should be resolved soon. The Canadian government has some concerns with the -ve covid report we get in India, I have heard that they may set a covid testing facility near the airport where you will have to undergo covid test and you will get your report in 8 to 10 hours. or some dedicated labs only or some other method.

So, FSW-O application processing will not be affected by this, if they decided to start.
Canada Opening announced by PM:
Recent Tweet of Justin Trudeau:

Update: As of September 7th, fully-vaccinated people from any country can come into Canada for non-essential travel. As a first step, fully-vaccinated Americans can do the same starting August 9th. At every step, the safety of Canadians will continue to be our top priority.

https://twitter.com/JustinTrudeau?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Reactions: JRD0218