+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>OCTOBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Patiently_pr

Mar 14, 2020
Hi everyone, can someone please help me? I'm AOR October 2020. I made a mistake submitting a job reference letter without responsibilities listed and it occurred to me only just now. I guess it's very late to do anything and my gut feeling is that my application will be refused. My question is do officers identify this kind of misses early in the application process, i.e. 1-2 months after submitting the application? I'm worried that with this Covid situation they will be dragging my application and I won't know about my refusal until late, which also leaves me not much time to re-apply.
Did someone experience something like this?
Did you order GCMS notes to see where your application is at? Perhaps you should think about submitting a webform with the letter in the correct format before your application gets refused.

Reactions: requiemforadream

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon thank you for the quick turn around. However, I’m trying to join my spouse pre-PPR. Can you confirm if the same docs apply? Plus won’t I need submit my spouses ielts result?
If you got married after you submitted your application, then your spouses education and language results do not matter since the score is not recalculated.

jabrams001

Star Member
Feb 18, 2021
Did you order GCMS notes to see where your application is at? Perhaps you should think about submitting a webform with the letter in the correct format before your application gets refused.
Thanks for the reply. No, I have not requested any notes.
I submitted a webform to ask for my latest status, but that was before I realized my miss. I have not received a reply to that yet. I'm planning to call tomorrow and ask about my status, and maybe submit a corrected letter after that. Though I'm not that positive that IRCC is going to receive & review it before they make the final decision.

Last edited:

cindy09

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
Hi guys! Congratulations to all who got their confirmation portal email. Just want to ask if there is anyone here got an email under PNP EE, to give some hope like me who still waiting. Thanks

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
Hi everyone, can someone please help me? I'm AOR October 2020. I made a mistake submitting a job reference letter without responsibilities listed and it occurred to me only just now. I guess it's very late to do anything and my gut feeling is that my application will be refused. My question is do officers identify this kind of misses early in the application process, i.e. 1-2 months after submitting the application? I'm worried that with this Covid situation they will be dragging my application and I won't know about my refusal until late, which also leaves me not much time to re-apply.
Did someone experience something like this?
Hi, my file is Review required since duties were missing. My aro is october and it is under review since march. don't wait for IRCc to check with you, send webform asap.

jabrams001

Star Member
Feb 18, 2021
Hi, my file is Review required since duties were missing. My aro is october and it is under review since march. don't wait for IRCc to check with you, send webform asap.
Hi, my application was also review required when I last checked in Feb, but I didn't give this much attention thinking it was normal status. I assume you've sent them an updated letter, may I know how you explained it to them and did that progress your status?

jaspersun0106

Jul 13, 2019
Hi, my application was also review required when I last checked in Feb, but I didn't give this much attention thinking it was normal status. I assume you've sent them an updated letter, may I know how you explained it to them and did that progress your status?
Maybe order a new notes or call them to ask whether they need any additional documents and what is your eligibility status.

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
Hi too long to explain but no I can not provide letter with duties as my employer (french ministere of education) did not (want/bother) to mention duties. With initial ITA, I provided 36 payslips and others supporting document. Since RR (as per notes), I just sent a LOE mid april. I am now waiting for new set of notes ordered almost a month ago.

Reactions: Noyan2020

Patiently_pr

Mar 14, 2020
Thanks for the reply. No, I have not requested any notes.
I submitted a webform to ask for my latest status, but that was before I realized my miss. I have not received a reply to that yet. I'm planning to call tomorrow and ask about my status, and maybe submit a corrected letter after that. Though I'm not that positive that IRCC is going to receive & review it before they make the final decision.
Well you never know and it's better late than never! I would submit it and then wait on the outcome. But at the end of the day, it's your decision to make.

modish.mink

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Hi too long to explain but no I can not provide letter with duties as my employer (french ministere of education) did not (want/bother) to mention duties. With initial ITA, I provided 36 payslips and others supporting document. Since RR (as per notes), I just sent a LOE mid april. I am now waiting for new set of notes ordered almost a month ago.
What you could try is list out the duties that were performed and have it signed which could work as proof.
My employer did not bother writing any letter. I was asked to draft it, they had just reviewed it for the accuracy and then signed it. It was on an paper with official letterhead and a stamp.

Reactions: stefi2020