Star Member
Feb 11, 2021
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
26-11-2020
As I read on this forum and on ImmiTracker, more and more September CEC applicants are getting their COPR letters.
As a result, I think that the vast majority of October CEC applicants will have got "golden mails" by the end of May. No reasons for anxiousness hereby.

Despite this, as a FSW-O applicant, I find myself losing hope since no Canadian official says anything about our future and how long should we wait. And the worst thing which blows my mind is that there's even no rumors concerning both PR issueing for outland applicants and possible relaxation of the border crossing restrictions in the case when the number of covid daily cases falls down.
"Just sit and wait for May 21!" They say.

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon good day! do i have to really need to wait for the decision for my application before changing work, even im on BOWP. I don’t want to stay anymore in my current employer

Did you clim points for your job, if you did, then you should wait until you receive your COPR.

If you claimed points for arranged employment, one of the conditions was that the offer would have is that the employment is offered "for at least one year after [IRCC] issue(s) your permanent resident visa." If you leave your job, then the "year after clause will also go away" as the employer who gave you that undertaking will withdraw the offer, and thus you will lose the points.

So far IRCC has not issued any circulars or policy in this regard. As soon as your change your job, and if your application is still in progress, you have to inform IRCC, and your offer of arranged employment will be subject to verification, even if your eligibility is passed.

Reactions: Pretom Ghosh

Arron_shaw

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
I hit 6 months today. Inland CEC, AOR Oct. 30th, 2020. Last update in the website is Medical Passed and Biometrics done in December 15th, 2020. Frustrating to see that it will take a couple more months, but let's hang in there folks... it's coming.
Stay positive!

pchat

Apr 30, 2021
Hi guys quick question:

Does anyone know what is the official date that you become a landed immigrant? Is it the date your COPR is approved on the portal or is there another process that you have to do in order to validate it later?

Thanks!

Reactions: Uncle Yayo

cindy09

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
Did you clim points for your job, if you did, then you should wait until you receive your COPR.

If you claimed points for arranged employment, one of the conditions was that the offer would have is that the employment is offered "for at least one year after [IRCC] issue(s) your permanent resident visa." If you leave your job, then the "year after clause will also go away" as the employer who gave you that undertaking will withdraw the offer, and thus you will lose the points.

So far IRCC has not issued any circulars or policy in this regard. As soon as your change your job, and if your application is still in progress, you have to inform IRCC, and your offer of arranged employment will be subject to verification, even if your eligibility is passed.
Thank you for ur reply @legal

Thank you for your response

I just thought that I can now work on the other company on the province that give me nomination. @legalfalcon