Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hey @legalfalcon ,
Greetings from myside ,
I am a FSW- O with AOR 14 oct 2020 and I wanted to ask you few things. Actually I just finished my call with an ircc agent . He was a kind and a humble representative. He initially enquired me about my particulars and continued saying after taking little time that I my file is in good health . When I specifically asked him about my stages , he told me that my eligibility and criminality are passed , security is not yet started and for background status , he gave me an explanation about its connection with security check. My VO is Ottawa.
My question is, as per ur understanding from the above stated info , is there anything to worry about my file as of now ( especially wrt employment) and whether my eligibility is finally passed or it would be recommended ( agent simply mentioned passed ) , when can I expect my file to be approved ?
I must say that he kept on focusing that my file simply needs to wait due to covid delays .
Kindly help me resolve my ambiguity.
Thank u
If your eligibility is passed, you need not worry at all. Even if your eligibility is recommended passed, the officer in most cases will go with the recommendation.

Currently no one can give you any time frame as they are all off the chart. The final stage is security, once that is done a decision on your application will be made. To read on security see https://bit.ly/31RJyZ2

As per IRCC's annual 2019 annual report it takes 8-9 months for an application to process. This was pre-COVID
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/annual-report-parliament-immigration-2019.html

How long did it take to process an Express Entry application?
Table 35 displays the time, in months, that IRCC took to process 80% of applications under each program. In 2019, IRCC did not meet the processing standard of finalizing 80% of all applications sourced via Express Entry within six months. The processing time for Express Entry, overall, was eight months. As an alternative measure of processing times, 60% of applications finalized in the 12-month period ending on December 31, 2019, were completed within the six-month service standard.

Table 35: Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months
Program201720182019
Canadian Experience Class457
Federal Skilled Worker469
Provincial/Territorial Nominee669
Federal Skilled Trades6712
All Programs558
Source: CIC_EDW (MBR) as of January 3, 2020
Data is operational and as such should be considered preliminary and subject to change.

• Processing times refer to the time in which 80% of applications were finalized by IRCC. The processing time is measured from the day a complete application is received until the time a final decision is made by an immigration officer.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon hopefully you can answer my inquiry. Im under PNP, and got my BOWP last february. If my portal got 100% and my eligibility and background check are done, is it safe to resign on my current employer who supported my application? I just want to transfer to another job while waiting for my confirmation. Thanks in advance
If you claimed points for arranged employment, one of the conditions was that the offer would be "for at least one year after [IRCC] issue(s) your permanent resident visa." If you leave your job, then "year after" clause will also go away, and thus you will lose the points.

So far IRCC has not issued any circulars or policy in this regard. As soon as your change your job, and if your application is still in progress, you have to inform IRCC, and your offer of arranged employment will be subject to verification, even if your eligibility is passed.

Reactions: cindy09

khush.sib

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
@legalfalcon
Thankyou soo much.
If i get an email from Qatar police officials that i cannot obtain it without Qatar id.
Can i attach that?
I have not ordered gcms notes yet my aor is 29th oct 2020 and dont know what stage i am?
Is there anything to worry?
Thanks

Thanks
If your eligibility is passed, you need not worry at all. Even if your eligibility is recommended passed, the officer in most cases will go with the recommendation.

Currently no one can give you any time frame as they are all off the chart. The final stage is security, once that is done a decision on your application will be made. To read on security see https://www.getgcms.com/blog/what-is-security-screening-comprehensive-guide/

As per IRCC even if you have not stayed in the country of 6 months or more, IRCC at its own discretion can request you to provide the PCC.

As per IRCC:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

If you have been asked for a PCC for a specific country, and if the requirements mandate that you need to have a resident ID, you can send a response back inform IRCC of the same and that you do not have the resident ID, and thus unable to procure the PCC.

Also IRCC website for Qatar states:

Special considerations
If you are in Qatar on a Visitor Status Certificate: Qatar does not issue a residence ID card to visitors. Police certificates are only issued to residents of Qatar with an ID card number. If you were a visitor before you became a resident, you are required to provide a written explanation with the dates of your visitor status and a copy of your passport with your entry stamp to Qatar.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/qatar.html

Send the response based on the above.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
Thankyou soo much.
If i get an email from Qatar police officials that i cannot obtain it without Qatar id.
Can i attach that?
I have not ordered gcms notes yet my aor is 29th oct 2020 and dont know what stage i am?
Is there anything to worry?
Thanks

Thanks

You do not need a letter form Qatar, you can even send a response back to IRCC since you do not have an id. If you want to wait for an official letter from Qatar, that would be even better.

Requesting GCMS notes is not mandatory. You can send webform, call IRCC as alternative options to know the status of your application.

See https://bit.ly/3mpke6c

Reactions: khush.sib

sidhant2500

Jul 24, 2017
You guys are lucky. go back once to March 2020 AOR forum then you will know what the real frustration is. Its been more than a year for so many people.