17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

I am a CEC inland applicant and wanted to check with you whether my PR application will be affected in case I leave Canada while it's in progress.

This is what IRCC agent shared with me regarding this:

Leaving Canada during processing - Inside Canada application

We confirm that you may leave Canada while your application is being processed. Upon return, an officer will need to ask you questions to ensure you still meet all requirements before allowing you to re-enter Canada and avoid having your application considered as abandoned due to your absence.

If you leave Canada and want to return, please make sure that you bring all the required documents to re-enter. This can include a valid:

• Passport or other travel documents,
  • Work permit, study permit or visitor record, if you need one, and
  • Temporary resident visa or Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), if you need one.
No, your application will not be affected if you leave Canada. You only have to inform change of country of residence with IRCC, only if your are permanently moving. If you re going for a short trip, you do not even need that.

The message that was sent to you is regarding the TRV, i.e. WP / PGWP which have to be filed when a person is physically in Canada.

rs572

Dec 10, 2016
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017,
AOR Received.
Application received on 18-05-2017
Med's Done....
Medical test passed on 27-05-2017
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
June 1, 2018
Get GCMS notes. That will give you some clarity , instead of getting frustrated. Just an advice. Atleast CEC are aware that files are moving. I wonder how frautated fsw candidates are.
Good luck.
Situation is similar for pnp candidates..i am at the edge of losing job n security has not started..this corona has messed up everything.

• Sad
Reactions: amosi

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
I disagree. I know immigration is not a "right" but a privilege but let's say if you had bought a car, aren't you owed a warranty and some sort of assurance that it will work right at least for some time? We have all paid our fees (which is around 1500$) so we are at least owed a response to our application. It's our fees that pay their salaries. If it weren't for us, they wouldn't have their jobs.

We are all just workers bees to them who will come into their country and start paying taxes so that the old people in Canada can retire and they will keep receiving their pensions from their government. Look up the median age of Canada and their pension plan. Most of the people that step into their country through this program will earn their keep and more.

I hate it when people start defending the IRCC agents like they are some angels with wings who can't be disturbed from the precious work of saving people trying to escape their third-world lives. They are just people doing their jobs. It's time instead of blaming ourselves, we address -- or at least blame the real problem - which is IRCC. In a time when everything and everyone has moved online, it just screams incompetence when they say they are working in a limited capacity. And if they know they haven't cleared the backlog of the last year and a half, why are they piling on the workload with 35,000 more invites in the last month? I shouldn't have to call them to know the most basic information of the application which is the status. If they know these are unprecedented times and everyone is calling them for it, why not just display the damn information on their website instead of showing cryptic messages? The information will be available to the user GCMS notes anyway.

I refused to be treated like trash, even if that means ranting on a forum like this.

Blame IRCC and not each other. It's ironic that most of us are spending time and money for this charade to escape from our third-world countries and our lack of system, only to deal with an organization that's run like one as well.
Who is treating you like trash??? Us FSW applicants have the chance to permanently immigrate to one of the best countries in the world without ever having lived there. And it only costs a few thousand CAD even if you get a lawyer. This is the opposite of trash! You have to pay like 2 million dollars to do the same for Cyprus lmao.

rs572

Dec 10, 2016
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017,
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
June 1, 2018
Same.
I said no to many opportunities and not feeling good with current employer, but cannot do anything!
Can't do anything except wait. Are you FSW PNP inland?

Reactions: amosi

Anchal G

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
No, your application will not be affected if you leave Canada. You only have to inform change of country of residence with IRCC, only if your are permanently moving. If you re going for a short trip, you do not even need that.

The message that was sent to you is regarding the TRV, i.e. WP / PGWP which have to be filed when a person is physically in Canada.
Thanks for your prompt response !!

rs572

Dec 10, 2016
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017,
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
June 1, 2018

If we get copr while we are out of Canada, do we have to inform ircc?
do they give any time limit in copr letter to complete landing?

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
Just got off the call with IRCC and my Eligibility is back in progress that means it was Recommended passed earlier. Security still not started.
Hi, we got the same AOR, let's post here our progresss.

Reactions: Anchal G

shank15

Mar 3, 2020
Oct 15 but :
Applied pnp April 2020
Nomination May 2020
ITA Sept 2020
AOR Oct 2020
March 2021 : all passed except security :(
Wait wait wait !
I've been waiting for a year and a half.

PNP ITA: Oct 2019
PNP AOR: Dec 2019
Nomination: Sep 2020
EE ITA: Sep 2020
EE AOR: OCT 2020

calvinklein

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Let’s all keep in mind that we knew – the day we applied and before that, in the middle of a pandemic – that our application would take AT LEAST 6 months. The audacity of some people to talk sh*t about CIC because their application is taking longer than some other lucky folks is astounding, even though the 6 months haven’t passed yet. Even before COVID, CEC would generally take 7 months, and PNP and FSW 9 months.

let’s keep civil and patient, and support each other. We will get PR some day. Maybe tomorrow, maybe in a few months. It will come.

fufu from bkk

Mar 24, 2021
Just got my gcms notes today that I ordered on 2/25. Looks like my file hasn't been touched since the beginning of the year (last updated 01/04):

Also, though my eligibility says passed, this is what shows up later on:

FSW-O, AOR 10/19/2020
Same case for me. AOR 20oct