+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>OCTOBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

shank15

Mar 3, 2020
Yes, you are correct the actual duration of immunity is unknown. Now, with the help of news articles, I've surmised a 4 to 8 month duration of immunity.

The following references should show how I had come up with the 3 to 8 month duration of immunity in my previous post. Newer articles state that 4 months is guaranteed and that it's possible immunity could last a year... but most of it is just speculation. Time will tell.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/moderna-vaccine-confers-at-least-3-months-immunity-study-1.5215794

Moderna guaranteed 3 months of immunity as trials haven't been longer than that, as of this article.

HA1986

Nov 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
09-10-20
Med's Done....
25-11-2020
Did anybody notice the change on the appication processing times page on cic website? It says updated on 19-Feb-21 but still same status for CEC applications. For others, it said before that they will update once processing times are available but now even that line is removed, just says we have limited capacity and you might experience a delay.

canpermit

Oct 24, 2018
Hi all,

Post Biometrics, the applicants name on CIC profile is showing twice in capital letters (upper case). Is anyone else facing similar issue??

canpermit

Oct 24, 2018
Did anybody notice the change on the appication processing times page on cic website? It says updated on 19-Feb-21 but still same status for CEC applications. For others, it said before that they will update once processing times are available but now even that line is removed, just says we have limited capacity and you might experience a delay.

For "Status of Express Entry applications" its same 19th Jan 2021

"As of February 21, 2021 at 11:59 pm ET, you must meet the new testing and quarantine requirements when coming to Canada." is for International travel!!

So, no change in application process part of the page

reference: "https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html"

Princess2020

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
I would check the rules for healthcare for where you're planning to move if you haven't already.

From my research, BC (where we're going) don't grant free healthcare unless you've been there 3 months already - otherwise it can cost thousands of dollars to give birth, especially if extra help is needed like a C section (I've read up to $30,000 if you have a C Section and the baby needs extra help!).

Apparently it's different in other provinces - in some you are granted free healthcare immediately.

We're going to take a chance, and if we can't fit free Canadian healthcare around when I'm due to give birth then we'll stay in the UK until the baby is born because we get free healthcare here, then move to Canada after.

Sorry you're in this position too - it's such a difficult decision to make!
A friend of mine had same situation few years ago, landed in Toronto with 2 months left and then explored different other support options and they had to pay around 4000 out of 15000-18000 estimated exp. whichever province you are planning to go, explore different mothercare programs and you may get it.

canpermit

Oct 24, 2018
Hi all,

Post Biometrics, the applicants name on CIC profile is showing twice in capital letters (upper case). Is anyone else facing similar issue??

Any solution is welcome forum champions, @legalfalcon, @caipsnotes :)

Thank you!!