16-10-2020
Med's Done....
18-11-2020 / 27-01-2022
Passport Req..
16-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2022
Hello guys !

it has been 4 months since AOR. and now i'd like to get my GCMS notes.
i am confused from where to pass my order and what type of notes to select.
It would be really kind of you if you can show the best, the safest and the fastest way to get the notes.

gcmsnotes.com or getgcms.com ?
CBSA or IRCC or CSIS ?
from what Government agency ?

thank you !

Regis_one

Dec 30, 2020
Hello guys !

It would be really kind of you if you can show the best, the safest and the fastest way to get the notes.

CBSA or IRCC or CSIS ?

thank you !
Hello!

If you can order both GCMS and CBSA, it would be great.

You should know that people are starting to go for CBSA notes, so the latter is issuing delay letters as well.

Reactions: sjfs00

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Does due date mean the date the officer must review and/or approve the file?
Due date is a system generate date to remain the office of the file. Most applications are processed way before it and some keep pending way past it.

Reactions: mtabishniaz

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
Hello guys !

CBSA or IRCC or CSIS ?

thank you !
If you are inland, you can either order it yourself here for free: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

Or you can go through a company. The cost wouldn't be much if order from a company. Thats not much of a big deal.

The only thing is if someone is a privacy freak like myself and don't want any third party to have this information then order it yourself, takes less than 5 minutes from the link above.

And another thing is sometimes they send you correspondence asking you questions (happens rarely like for example if you want to receive the records by email or CD or if you want to receive all records or just GCMS notes, questions like these., so I would like all the correspondence coming to me and not to some third party.

These notes are provided under "Privacy Act". Which basically says that you have a right to get the information government agencies hold about you (with some exception ofcourse). Also the government provides this information for FREE.

In my opinion safest way would be Directly from government without any third party.

Reactions: erwin2020

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
I ordered GCMS notes twice myself from Govt of Canada website, without going through any middleman company (I can't trust my info with them).

My experience:

From IRCC - Received on 27th day via email.
From CBSA - They asked me if I want by email or CD. I said email, received on 30th day.
I ordered gcsm with csba still waiting. I be never been asked to choose cd or electronic notes. Hopefully they won t send a old cd....

Arindamce88

Aug 25, 2020
@legalfalcon , i know this thread is for PR with AOR october. I am from October AOR but i have an urgent question for bowp application for which i need your guidance. I applied for my BOWP on 22Jan for myself amd my wife. Within few days my wife’s application got updated with her uci number and biometric detail. For my application the UCI was not updated. Few days back i spoke to an ircc agent and came to know that for my application they by mistake assigned a new uci instead of using the old one and suggested me to submit a webform for the same. I raised the webform couple of days back, but today my bowp application is showing approved with the new uci number. Will this be a problem to have the wp with new uci number? Or is there anything that i can do to fix it at this pount?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Same here. GCMS ONLINE is saying the same thing that they are following up with them and haven't recieved any extensions yet. Fingers crossed as today is already the 34th day. Phew.
@stirredo

One can read about time extensions https://bit.ly/2NmpUjP

If you request the file from CBSA, they are good in delivering the file by the due date. With CBSA the good thing is that you know (if an extension was taken) who is working on your GCMS file and they even provide the analyst's email and phone number. So it's easy to contact them and get an update. With IRCC on the other hand things are very unpredictable and the only way to contact them is using a general inbox email address and they take light years to respond.

That is why these days it's better to request Gcms Notes from CBSA instead of IRCC (https://bit.ly/34nuJPu), same process and cost. Only thing different is the consent form.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Oh that's really bad news :( I ordered last week from the same website !
Which website until recently it didn't matter (and shouldn't matter either) and that was the understanding too but in recently disclosed documents from IRCC it has/had been taking extensions based on some form of tiers (revealed in response to an ATIP request) and explains why some/one third party has disproportionately been receiving 90 day extensions.

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
Which website until recently it didn't matter (and shouldn't matter either) and that was the understanding too but in recently disclosed documents from IRCC it has/had been taking extensions based on some form of tiers (revealed in response to an ATIP request) and explains why some/one third party has disproportionately been receiving 90 day extensions.
Wow. Kudos to the people who did ATIP to find this and thanks @caipsnotes for sharing this. I kinda was speculating the same thing in my mind.