Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
If it is due to misrepresentation back in 2008, will it an issue? Will PR visa will be refused due to that reason? @legalfalcon please suggest.

I had visa refusal of UK student visa due to my consultants false bank statement submission. I was refused for that. I answered yes to stat question.
It should not be an issue, unless your were charged with an offence, which is not the case when visas are refused for misrepresentation, it is a ban. However, immigration law also prescribed sentence and criminal prosecution. So it will depend on your specific facts and circumstances.

But if you were only banned, then it should not be an issue as long as you have disclosed it and informed.

Reactions: shank15 and Ohee

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Guys,

I have an urgent query. I forget to mention about my us tourist visa refusal while filling in the form. Actually, I got the us tourist visa approved when I applied for second time in about two weeks time. What should I do in this case? Should I raise a web form informing about this or is it ok as my visa was approved when applied the second time.

@legalfalcon if you can provide your inputs.
Send a webform and inform IRCC.

All visa refusals should be disclosed. If you are unaware of any, you can explain it in LoE.

All your visa refusals should be declared in your application, not doing so can lead to misrepresentation. As per law you have an obligation to be truthful. Section 16(1) of the IRPA states:
  • 16 (1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

See Tuiran v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2018 FC 324 (CanLII), <http://canlii.ca/t/hr59k
Alalami v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2018 FC 328 (CanLII), <http://canlii.ca/t/hr6r1>

Reactions: Ohee

nisanthpramod

Jul 22, 2020
Send a webform and inform IRCC.

All visa refusals should be disclosed. If you are unaware of any, you can explain it in LoE.

All your visa refusals should be declared in your application, not doing so can lead to misrepresentation. As per law you have an obligation to be truthful. Section 16(1) of the IRPA states:
  • 16 (1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

See Tuiran v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2018 FC 324 (CanLII), <http://canlii.ca/t/hr59k
Alalami v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2018 FC 328 (CanLII), <http://canlii.ca/t/hr6r1>
Ok thanks for the response. I will raise the web form immediately. Hopefully it will be accepted.

Reactions: legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you for your reply. Yes my UCI Number is same throughout - SP, WP and PR Application.
Just give it sometime it should be resolved.

Reactions: Twinkz

Sonyal

Star Member
Nov 7, 2020
Hi, in what part of the application are we supposed to disclose the refusal of tourist visas? I haven't disclosed my refusal of tourist visa to the US either as I was unaware.

Drzee

Star Member
Dec 15, 2020
Hi, in what part of the application are we supposed to disclose the refusal of tourist visas? I haven't disclosed my refusal of tourist visa to the US either as I was unaware.
In the application.. Raise a webform as discussed in the earlier comments

Canadianblood

Aug 26, 2020
Good morning everyone, I received ADR with the following written in the request letter:

Thank you for contacting Immigration,Refugees and Citizenship Canada.Please be informed that your
application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you
with further information or a date on which your file will be reviewed.
Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or
regarding the next steps in your file.
We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Did anyone else receive such? What does this mean? Have I sent too many webforms. I have only sent four . May be I should stop sending any webforms till my application gets approved. Also, there is action required tag on my profile now. Do I need to respond to them stating not to communicate with them till further notice? I don't know what to do.

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
Good morning everyone, I received ADR with the following written in the request letter:

Thank you for contacting Immigration,Refugees and Citizenship Canada.Please be informed that your
application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you
Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or
We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Did anyone else receive such? What does this mean? Have I sent too many webforms. I have only sent four . May be I should stop sending any webforms till my application gets approved. Also, there is action required tag on my profile now. Do I need to respond to them stating not to communicate with them till further notice? I don't know what to do.
Hello, ADR is additional document requested. Have you check in your uploaded documents if something is requested?
Could you tell if anything has changed in your profil? Thanks

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020

also a few threads....

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/june-2018-aor-join-here.563316/page-1227

Sonyal

Star Member
Nov 7, 2020
So there are 2 questions related to visas -

1. Has xxx been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2. Has xxx ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

If I was refused a US tourist visa am I supposed to say yes to both or only the first question?

@legalfalcon your advice will be appreciated

Thanks!

Sam079

Aug 31, 2020

1. Has xxx been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2. Has xxx ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

If I was refused a US tourist visa am I supposed to say yes to both or only the first question?

Thanks!
I was refused a UK visa. I answered yes to both questions.

Reactions: shank15

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Thanks!

Yes, you will answers yes to both and explain in the space below the questions.