+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

richa1987

Oct 26, 2018
I got reply from CPC Ottawa

Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed.

Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Can someone explain what does review by an officer mean? No ADR for my application so far.
It means your file is awaiting Visa Officer's review. S/He would be the one who would make a final decision on your application.

They at times say pending review, under process, under review, in queue etc but which falls prior or which later is something that no one knows. To me all these are just different ways of framing the language.

Reactions: Aziz123

vickymalhotra

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018

Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed.

Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Can someone explain what does review by an officer mean? No ADR for my application so far.
Have you requested GCMS notes? Is your security started?

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
You can see that in my signature. During my security screening, every time I emailed CIC, they gave me the same reply.
Did you order GCMS notes that period? Did you security state "not started"?

pursuit_of_happiness

Jul 23, 2018
Oh really ? Any other indicators apart from that and how much time it took in your case?
That’s one full year man. Excruciatingly painful.

If someone gets to have a baby during security screening , the child will remind their parents about the dark days of security screening every time the parents get to see that child. Tragic indeed ;)

richa1987

Oct 26, 2018
That’s one full year man. Excruciatingly painful.

If someone gets to have a baby during security screening , the child will remind their parents about the dark days of security screening every time the parents get to see that child. Tragic indeed ;)
In that case, I guess they can send a CSE with an attachment of their child's photograph stating that they can release a child faster than IRCC releases PPR. Also they can prepare a log of all the doctor visit and tests done during the child reproduction period and TAG it as Growing Child Monitoring System (GCMS) :D:p.

Probably that would do the trick for IRCC to speed up their process.

pursuit_of_happiness

Jul 23, 2018
In that case, I guess they can send a CSE with an attachment of their child's photograph stating that they can release a child faster than IRCC releases PPR. Also they can prepare a log of all the doctor visit and tests done during the child reproduction period and TAG it as Growing Child Monitoring System (GCMS) :D:p.

Probably that would do the trick for IRCC to speed up their process.
Haha, that’s dope :D

Reactions: Texture

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017

This is standard reply for people who don’t get ppr within six months. Now nothing can be done as everything depends on when the officer will have look at your file.

It’s sad to see so many people stuck and these people have started with October month pprs.

They should do something about this situation. It’s really frustrating to wait for no reason.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
My 2nd GCMS was generated on 21st Nov. Dont know what he is referring to, could be security, cause GCMS after the case processing agent at CIO marked my Criminality as Passed and Eligibility as MET on 26 Oct, my file was Assigned to RC-6262 which I think is code for CPC Ottawa with due date of 25 Nov 18 (already passed) and no update after that as per my Last CSE's and 1 mail to CPC Ottawa.

All my correspeondence (GCMS, CSE etc) prior to this Ottawa mail, indicates that my security has not started. Moreover, what would they check as both me and my spouse have ZERO foreign travel history and
RC code of CPC Ottawa is 9515. RC-6262 is CIO Sydney, NS. Security check is merely limited to travel history. They go through your online and offline activities. I may sound cheesy but I would recommend you to watch a new Hollywood movie called "Mile 22", you will see security agents are going through social activities of suspects. There is a list called "Tuscan" by USA which includes about 680,000 names which Canada also uses https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jun/21/canada-us-tuscan-anti-terrorist-database-at-borders . I am not here to scare you or others. I am just sharing information. You should order CBSA notes and be sure that you are not in SS.

Hope you get PPR soon.

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
I mailed yesterday and the response was in by the end of 5th hour. Have a look on the reply with a cautionary statement at the end:
Good day,

Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.

Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum.

Regards,

Marijo

Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada / Gouvernement du Canada
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada / Government of Canada
‘and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to the minimum’! What kind of a reply is that?? Seriously sucks right? I wonder who trains the staff at CIC - certainly need to introduce some modules on etiquette in their staff routine!
So sorry to see how they’re fobbing us off with pointless replies, considering our security hasn’t started - and both you and the spouse have zero foreign travel history! Hope they wake up and start processing your file soon - sheesh! You must be tired of these auto replies...