+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>OCTOBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Regis_one

Dec 30, 2020
Hi everyone, I've seen comments above saying that changes to the wording of the background check can be a good sign that things are moving. However, I was wondering if someone can please advise me on what the new wording to my background section means? It has changed earlier in the week to this:

Background check
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
To me it is really weird that it would change from what it said before ( "we are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information" ) to them now saying they haven't actually started it?! It's been this way for several days now. Can someone please tell me if this is normal and what this specific wording means? Have they decided to start my background check again from scratch or something? @legalfalcon would really appreciate it if you could weigh in please :)
It's normal.

It means that they're working on it.

Maybe even eligibility passed.

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
Mine also change from “your action is required” to “submitted”. But I believe it’s linked to the 30 day period after the BIL.
I’m a FSW Outland.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi everyone, I've seen comments above saying that changes to the wording of the background check can be a good sign that things are moving. However, I was wondering if someone can please advise me on what the new wording to my background section means? It has changed earlier in the week to this:

Background check
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
To me it is really weird that it would change from what it said before ( "we are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information" ) to them now saying they haven't actually started it?! It's been this way for several days now. Can someone please tell me if this is normal and what this specific wording means? Have they decided to start my background check again from scratch or something? @legalfalcon would really appreciate it if you could weigh in please :)
There is no significance to the change of status on your MyCIC account.

The BGC includes criminality and security. Criminality is done early in the process and this is once when your BGC status will go in progress and then back to NA and then again when security is initiated will go back to in progress.

All application go through the following stages:

R10
Criminality
Medicals
Eligibilty
Security

To read on the stages, see https://bit.ly/3n4r0wO

To read on security, and the security screening manual, see https://bit.ly/3pyJ6Zw

Reactions: CarlCoco

HA1986

Nov 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
09-10-20
Med's Done....
25-11-2020
Hi! I recently recieved a RPRF request. I have paid the fee already. Just wondering if anybody knows how much time it takes from here to PPR on average assuming no issues with security/criminality.

Reactions: Noyan2020

calvinklein

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Saw on myimmitracker someone (not me!!) has updated that they received PPR today with AOR Oct 21! Only 70 days from AOR to PPR. They didn't specify visa office. Haven't seen them post on here about it at all but good news if it's legit :)
That's exciting, looks like they're CEC inland, so that should mean they're probably CPC Ottawa.

LucasV0

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
Saw on myimmitracker someone (not me!!) has updated that they received PPR today with AOR Oct 21! Only 70 days from AOR to PPR. They didn't specify visa office. Haven't seen them post on here about it at all but good news if it's legit :)
I don't think so, it must be a mistake when he updated the status.
70 days for CEC inland, no way :D
Beside, NOC software engineer is not really impressive to be consider processing with that godlike speed. I have a bunch of friends has the same NOC applying from Aug-Sep, still waiting.

blackknight12

Star Member
Aug 4, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-10-2020
Hi! I recently recieved a RPRF request. I have paid the fee already. Just wondering if anybody knows how much time it takes from here to PPR on average assuming no issues with security/criminality.
It means your file has been recommended passed by a case processing agent or even conclusively passed by an officer, when did you receive this request? today or last week?

Doz

Dec 13, 2020
Application is on track

Doz

Dec 13, 2020
That's really nice

Reactions: Kerikeri

andysunny

Jan 10, 2020
I think good news around the corner. What's your country of residence and Visa Office?
Did you give your Biometrics in India? How did you complete your Biometrics as family class and student biometrics are only being booked as far as I know. Can you please tell whether FSW biometrics are also being allowed?