Oct 6, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Done....
06-01-2021
IRCC specifically asks for a copy of the diploma, they already have access to your ECA.
In absence of diploma, transcript of records (with date of graduation and courses taken) should suffice right? Or at worst certificate of graduation certified by the university? I'm asking because diploma issuance and I think also transcript of records will take 4-6 weeks I'm guessing due to pandemic. I was really hoping that submitting ECA should really be enough since WES already has my previous transcript from the university.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
where does in my CIC account it shows that medical by CIC is received? it says we dont need your medical and will let you know if it changes.
It does not since you have submitted your upfront medical sheet. The UMI number on the sheet will be used to retrieve your medicals after they are submitted.

To read on medicals see https://bit.ly/33VI4ik

Reactions: Teen Titans Go!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
In absence of diploma, transcript of records (with date of graduation and courses taken) should suffice right? Or at worst certificate of graduation certified by the university? I'm asking because diploma issuance and I think also transcript of records will take 4-6 weeks I'm guessing due to pandemic. I was really hoping that submitting ECA should really be enough since WES already has my previous transcript from the university.
If you are unable to provide a document, you can submit your application without it and include a LoE explaining why it is not available and submit the document later when it becomes available.

See page 1 of the thread for more details on this.

Reactions: dadofethan

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

Thank U :) Also I have seen Immi tracker. Some cases people receive PPR in 2 months, some 4 months, some not even 6 months. I also talk to one girl [fsw inland] - she receive her ppr in 2 months. What decides this? Why such a huge variation in processing time?
You should never compare timelines during the immigration process

An immigration application is a complex one, with many variables. No two applicants are the same, even if they may have the same date of birth, similar profiles, and may come from the same country.

Since you have filed your application, you must be aware that many questions are asked on the application, which then have to be supported by documents. This is what makes each application unique, and so does the processing of such applications.

With so many variables, when you compare your application timelines with another applicant, you are comparing apples to oranges. Please remember, immigration is law, and no two cases are ever the same.

I have always emphasized and reiterated, instead of being obsessed with timeless, follow the progress by tracking the stages of your application.

R10 (completeness check)
Medicals
Criminality
Eligibility
Security
See https://bit.ly/3lLKWEn

The uniqueness of each application does not stop here, the processing and evaluation of each application are done by humans, who have their own unique personality and way of analyzing. Even though each immigration officer is obligated to follow the law as stipulated in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the Regulations, and the manuals, by their speed, way they analyze, and their drive, are factors, which again add more variables.

Also, IRCC has many visa offices where applications are processed. Each visa office has different priorities, workloads, and individuals, that once again adds to more variables.

Even when your documents have been evaluated, there is this whole animal of security that has to be done. While, IRCC, CBSA and CSIS do not disclose how security screening is done, but general guidelines, open source searches, inter country info sharing, INTERPOL databases etc all taken into account. This is not a mechanical task, but has to be carefully evaluated, and can take time. Sometimes months. Imagine IRCC allowing a person with known terrorist affiliation become a PR, putting all Canadians, including you at risk. See https://bit.ly/3k2t0ow

In conclusion, most applications are processed within 6 months or less, and the 6 months processing time starts when your application is assessed as complete (R10). However as per IRCC own 2019 annual report the average processing time has now increased to 9 months. Don't be disheartened and stress yourself. If you have filed all your documents, and you meet the criteria, your application will be approved.

All the best!

haris462

Jul 2, 2015
Got my ITA today. I have almost all my documents ready except one issue with my medical. I did upfront medical last year which expires at the end of October 2020 (1 year has passed). Due to Corona, I do not feel comfortable going to a medical center yet and also will be travelling back to my home country where I plan to give my medical. The question now is if I submit my application before 29 October will it be okay if I provide updated medical in start of December?

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
@legalfalcon

Thank U :) Also I have seen Immi tracker. Some cases people receive PPR in 2 months, some 4 months, some not even 6 months. I also talk to one girl [fsw inland] - she receive her ppr in 2 months. What decides this? Why such a huge variation in processing time?
Even I found it confusing. They way I am looking is based on latest updated on a particular profile. Majority of the profiles on Immi tracker are not updated after Medical Completion. Those guys might have got PPR but we don't have means to get that data point. I think this group is good for getting updates from folks the who are genuinely tracking the case. If anyone has other suggestions , please share the same over this group.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
but is there any way to get the realistic data apart from Myimmitracker ? may be some official website published data of monthly PR Issues ? Or something like that ?
You can refer to the IRCC annual reports at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/annual-report-parliament-immigration-2019.html

This is the only official source.

All other data collection is skewed since not all applicant's report and self reporting cannot be verified. So take it with a pinch of salt.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
but is there any way to get the realistic data apart from Myimmitracker ? may be some official website published data of monthly PR Issues ? Or something like that ?
This is the latest official report available for stats on Express Entry
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/express-entry-year-end-report-2019.html

How long did it take to process an Express Entry application?
Table 35 displays the time, in months, that IRCC took to process 80% of applications under each program. In 2019, IRCC did not meet the processing standard of finalizing 80% of all applications sourced via Express Entry within six months. The processing time for Express Entry, overall, was eight months. As an alternative measure of processing times, 60% of applications finalized in the 12-month period ending on December 31, 2019, were completed within the six-month service standard.

Table 35: Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months
Program201720182019
Canadian Experience Class457
Federal Skilled Worker469
Provincial/Territorial Nominee669
Federal Skilled Trades6712
All Programs558
Source: CIC_EDW (MBR) as of January 3, 2020
Data is operational and as such should be considered preliminary and subject to change.

• Processing times refer to the time in which 80% of applications were finalized by IRCC. The processing time is measured from the day a complete application is received until the time a final decision is made by an immigration officer.

modish.mink

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Just wanted to ask: in the education portion it says the requirement for proof of degree is such as diploma or transcript of records. Since my original diploma is missing and my official transcript of records was sent by the institution directly to WES, can I instead submit the ECA file that WES generated (proof of Canadian degree equivalence)? Will IRCC accept this or do I really need to attach the actual diploma?
I think WES is only to evaluate your credentials for Canadian Equivalency. You'll still need to provide a copy of your diploma or the transcripts that serve as proof of your degree.

Reactions: dadofethan

samirsam

Star Member
Sep 11, 2019
Hi Guys,

I have question regarding Educational History.

1- Should we provide the WES reference number in the Documents we are uploading as well as the copy ? or the copy is okey since we have write the reference number in the application already.

2- Is uploading the transcript necessary ? for both Canadian and international Degrees?

Oct 5, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
Oct 2020
Category: FWS Outland
ITA: September 17
AOR: October 15
Upfront medicals

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Guys,

I have question regarding Educational History.

1- Should we provide the WES reference number in the Documents we are uploading as well as the copy ? or the copy is okey since we have write the reference number in the application already.

2- Is uploading the transcript necessary ? for both Canadian and international Degrees?
1. For WES you only need to provide the report number. However, many applicants also upload the WES ECA report.

2. For international education for which you have ECA, no need for transcripts, only degree diploma is required. However, for Canadian education, you should include both degree diploma and transcripts.

Reactions: samirsam