>>>>>>>OCTOBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

samirsam

Star Member
Sep 11, 2019
Category: FSW
ITA: 8th July
AOR: 1st Oct
Medical and PCC : Given upfront
Biometrics: Had submitted last year during Temporary visa issue so I guess they will not need it again.

No update since submission on 1st Oct. I know its a little early to ask for update but views on timeline / experience of people would help.
Please share experiences in terms of time lines.
I heard it take one month for your first update

samirsam

Star Member
Sep 11, 2019
it is clearly visible in my bank statements, if not clarified, the imm. officer could subtract it from my savings reducing the pof, making me ineligible
Technically if you havent spend the money it is your savings. If the officer want to subtract he/she can subtract all of your money since you might spend it all.

if they need a clarification of the money in your account they might request a new one. A money that is cerb and not spent is your saving

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Category: FSW
ITA: 8th July
AOR: 1st Oct
Medical and PCC : Given upfront
Biometrics: Had submitted last year during Temporary visa issue so I guess they will not need it again.

No update since submission on 1st Oct. I know its a little early to ask for update but views on timeline / experience of people would help.
Please share experiences in terms of time lines.
@MJ Mumbai It can take 1 to 1.5 months from AOR to the next stage of Completeness Check. This stage is also called R10 which refers to section 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. The 6 months processing time starts when your application meets the completeness check.

As per the latest information from IRCC; In 2019, IRCC did not meet the processing standard of finalizing 80% of all applications sourced via Express Entry within six months. The processing time for Express Entry, overall, was eight months. As an alternative measure of processing times, 60% of applications finalized in the 12-month period ending on December 31, 2019, were completed within the six-month service standard.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
What kind of mistake is it ?
@Teen Titans Go!

Contrary to popular belief CERB is not a social assistance.

See

How financial benefits affect family sponsorship
If you collect the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB), you’re still eligible to sponsor your spouse, parent, grandparent, child or other relative as long as you meet all the requirements to be a sponsor.

CERB isn’t considered social assistance. Collecting CERB won’t make you ineligible to sponsor.

EI and CERB won’t cause you to default
If the person you sponsored collects Employment Insurance (EI) or the CERB during the undertaking period, it will notcause you to default.

However, if the person you sponsored collects social assistance during the undertaking period, you have to repay the amount. If you don’t, you’ll be in default of your undertaking.

As such there is no need to clarify anything or where the funds came from if you meet the 6 months average balance requirement.

To read more on PoF see https://bit.ly/3iPFH4N

Reactions: Teen Titans Go!

Syed250

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Dears,
Candidate got PNP Nomination and submitted the documents to IRCC and gets the AOR
Got refused for XXX reason
Can this person create new express entry profile and enter the pool and use the same nomination(600) points

Royal1387

Oct 10, 2020
@Syed250 @legalfalcon I am also in this strange situation ,quick suggestion, I have done with my IELTS in Dec 2018 got my PNP submitted my application to IRCC and got AOR 2 days later after submission received an email from the IELTS testing center for results withheld Oct 2020 , I don’t know what to do
Experts advise please

Syed250

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
@Syed250 @legalfalcon I am also in this strange situation ,quick suggestion, I have done with my IELTS in Dec 2018 got my PNP submitted my application to IRCC and got AOR 2 days later after submission received an email from the IELTS testing center for results withheld Oct 2020 , I don’t know what to do
Experts advise please
I am sorry my Freind my situation is bit different, I am just suspecting because of my Saudi PCC was not submitted as per the advice of the representative instead produced LOE for that, your case seems to be different , do you know the reason for withheld
I am not an expert , but you can retake the IELTS and re enter EE

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Experts advise please
The IELTS results are valid for 2 years, and have to be valid as on the date you file your application.

Your language test results must be valid (written in the last two years) when you submit your application for permanent residence. If they expire, you should retake the test and provide us with valid results. Otherwise, your application will be rejected as incomplete or may be refused.
If your language test results were done in December 2018, and you filed your application in October 2020, then your language results are valid and you need not worry.

ZxB

Oct 10, 2020
Hi Everyone!

Glad to see a bunch of y’all tracking with an October AOR. Just adding myself to this party:

Category: FSW Outland
ITA: Sep 02
Medical: Sep 12
AOR: Oct 01

No updates reflected on the profile so far. (Seems to be the case with everyone here). Additionally, I have not had my biometrics taken by IRCC in the past.

-Z

ZxB

Oct 10, 2020
@legalfalcon

But I have to prove that the CERB was claimed rightfully, otherwise it is a debt to be deducted from my savings. A lot of people claimed the CERB even though they weren't qualified, they just took it (they will have to return it while filing their 2020 tax return). I hope you'll understand. The onus is on me to show that the 4,000 CAD CERB I have in my account was claimed rightfully.
If this is the case, as long as there‘s a strong explanation in the LOE, I think you should be good. If the LOE fails to mention this, then I suggest you raise a webform and provide an updated letter.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

But I have to prove that the CERB was claimed rightfully, otherwise it is a debt to be deducted from my savings. A lot of people claimed the CERB even though they weren't qualified, they just took it (they will have to return it while filing their 2020 tax return). I hope you'll understand. The onus is on me to show that the 4,000 CAD CERB I have in my account was claimed rightfully.
It is CRA that looks into CERB not IRCC. IRCC does not car where you got the funds from. All they want to see is that you meet the requirements, and if you do, your application will be approved. IRCC cannot ask CRA for your info, unless your specifically authorise IRCC to obtain info from CRA and provide IRCC with a signed consent to disclose form.

So not sure what you are trying to prove and why.

Reactions: samirsam