Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
08-10-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2022
VISA ISSUED...
18-04-2022
@Amendosmith Do you know how long they are giving expiry for COPR? For one of my friends, they gave only 1 month period. I can't leave the USA till October 2022 because my H1-B is picked up. Do they have to give any extensions?
COPR cannot be extended. I belevie the COPR is usually 1 year from the medical expiration date and maybe 6 months if they extended medicals. My original medicals was Oct 2020. I also did an upfront remedical which was updated in my portal. My upfront was in Feb 2022 and my COPR is until Feb 12 2023.

Also it's okay to travel to Canada even if H1-B is picked and start date is Oct. The only thing that differs will be you'll not automatically get ported (Change of Status denied) to H1-B in Oct. You'll remain in whatever visa status you are currently in until you leave the country and get stamped to begin your H1-B. I'd suggest you start looking at visa dates in Ottawa, right now they are available for March 2023. Once you get COPR activate it and return to US in your current visa status and when your H1-B comes through in OCT, you'll be told if your change of status has been granted or denied.

I myself have traveled while my H1-B application was in process back in 2018. My COS was denied, but another friend who also travelled got hers approved and directly ported to H1-B. So don't worry about H1-B and travel since PR to canada is a once in a lifetime opportunity that is worth it.

Kblectures

Apr 19, 2022
Hello friends,

Fsw-outland, cor India
Aor 14 October 2020
as per gcms, only security is pending
Upfront medical 17 nov 2021, updated on 14 april 2022

Background check changed on the same date To ' Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check ' .

Previously it was ' We are processing your background check. We will send u a msg if we need any information '.

What this exactly indicates ?

Need your expert reviews on this and how close I am to final approval .
No Adr's till date

MJ Mumbai

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
My application is updated on the GC portal. It says "Review of Medical results - March 22, 2022. You passed the medical Exam."
Yay I am happy my upfront medical is acknowledged but just for everyone's information:
1. I did not get any email or update of change of this status. It was a random check I did and got the surprise.
2. They have not asked for any other documents yet. Neither in the portal account nor on mail. Feeling blank :confused:
3. It also means VO Ottawa in not sleeping !!

So should I continue with the process of PCC??? I have booked an appointment for 4th April. (couldn't get anything prior to that):(
I got a request for new PCC and Schedule A on 24th March.
PCC is in process as appointment was done on 4th April.
Need some guidance on filling the Schedule A form... It says "Type or Print in black" --- How do I type in it? or can we fill it physically with a black pen?
I know it seems a silly and basic question but I dont know how to complete it ?
Please help.....

FADS79

Jan 10, 2021
My background changed today to: We are processing your background check. We will send u a msg if we need any information '.
And that after submitting ADR last week any idea when i can expect ppr?
Oct 20 v.o. ottawa

SKA0792

Mar 31, 2021
United States of America
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-10-2020
Just got RFV email. Thank you so much to all the wonderful members of this group. Please see my timeline and details below

FSW Outland (Not PNP)
NOC- 2141
Citizenship- India
COR- USA
ITA- Sept 3rd 2020
AOR- Oct 4th 2020
VO- Ottawa
Secondary- CIO
Re-medical done- March 7th 2022
Re-medical passed- March 17th 2022
First GU- March 18th 2022
Sent multiple emails and webforms with Schedule A (upfront) and requested to complete security- between Match 28th and April 13th
Second GU- April 14th 2022 morning
Third GU- April 14th 2022 afternoon
RFV- 19th April 2022

I did not receive any ADR, however as mentioned above I submitted upfront Schedule A. Got two GCMS notes in mid 2021, both were identical, only security was left. Ordered 3rd GCMS in February 2022, but have not received it yet. I had called IRCC twice in last two weeks (before 2nd and 3rd GU), but security was not initiated then. BG status in portal has been “ We are processing your Background check” from AOR, never changed. I think my emails and webforms worked, but only after sending more than 20.

Once again thank you so much everyone. I hope everyone gets RFV soon.

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
@legalfalcon Hi I really need an advise on this topic. I was FSW outland applicant when I submitted my application but from last 1 year I am living in Canada and staying in Toronto. My application is in process from last 18+ Months. Today I received a "Request letter" from IRCC on the online portal. This letter is requesting me to provide my current country of residence. Weird aspect of this is ; MyCIC account does not have any editable filed and space for me to respond. Hence I have created a webform and submitted the response. Can you please let me if this is the right step. There are no means available on the portal to respond. I am worried that generally webforms are taking 30+ days for response and letter clearly states that if my response was delayed by 30+ days it might have adverse impact on my application. Please help and let me know the right steps to move forward.

Airbus320neo

Mar 25, 2022
Just received PPR after 18.5 months!

FSW-O
AOR October 5, 2020
COR: China
Citizenship: USA
Primary VO: Ottawa (eventually transferred to VO Hong Kong)
Secondary: CIO
Remed- March 25, 2022
Remed passed- March 27, 2022
ADR (PCC, Schedule A)- March 28. 2022
ADR received- April 8, 2022
PPR- April 20, 2022

MJ Mumbai

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
I got a request for new PCC and Schedule A on 24th March.
PCC is in process as appointment was done on 4th April.
Need some guidance on filling the Schedule A form... It says "Type or Print in black" --- How do I type in it? or can we fill it physically with a black pen?
I know it seems a silly and basic question but I dont know how to complete it ?
Please help.....
Any suggestions....????

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
@legalfalcon Hi I really need an advise on this topic. I was FSW outland applicant when I submitted my application but from last 1 year I am living in Canada and staying in Toronto. My application is in process from last 18+ Months. Today I received a "Request letter" from IRCC on the online portal. This letter is requesting me to provide my current country of residence. Weird aspect of this is ; MyCIC account does not have any editable filed and space for me to respond. Hence I have created a webform and submitted the response. Can you please let me if this is the right step. There are no means available on the portal to respond. I am worried that generally webforms are taking 30+ days for response and letter clearly states that if my response was delayed by 30+ days it might have adverse impact on my application. Please help and let me know the right steps to move forward.
@legalfalcon Hi Please review my message and help providing your prospective on this matter. Thank you very much for your help.

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
Hello!
Don't worry, they will link it to your file. It's normal. You won't find a slot to upload docs through your portal.

However, try the new web form.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp?v2

Also, what's your VO?
Ottawa is the VO . Is this new webform link ? I have already raised webform via old links. Should I raise another one ? It weird that they have asked for additional document but don't have any placeholder to upload the same.

CarlCoco

Jan 28, 2020
Ottawa is the VO . Is this new webform link ? I have already raised webform via old links. Should I raise another one ? It weird that they have asked for additional document but don't have any placeholder to upload the same.
Exactly my point. Yes, place it again. I'm sending you an email too since your VO is Ottawa. Write them an email stating you are attaching your ADR, for their information. Check your dm.

Ali7

Jul 31, 2021
My Own PPR Timeline

AOR: Oct 1,2020
MEP/Biometrics: Nov 18, 2020
COR: Cameroon
Then long silence
ADR( Remedicals,Shedule A and PCC : March 25, 2022
ADRs submission: March 29,2022
Remedicals done : April 6,2022
ADRs Acknowledgement: March,24,2022
ADRs changed to NA : March 31,2022