+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>OCTOBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

cool14

Aug 30, 2021
Hi everyone, please I have a question for some advise. After waiting endlessly since Oct 2020, I finally got ADR today for Schedule A. I've lived in Nigeria all my life but on March 1st 2022, I left to Qatar to start a new job. I did not update my address with webform as I am still staying in a hotel but I have now eventually found an apartment which I'll move into by 7th April.

My question is, do I send a webform to IRCC informing them of my change of address now? or submit webform on 7th April when I'll actually move in? Should I do this before I submit the Schedule A? Because I need to put my most current address there. Or do I send the Schedule A and update address with webform thereafter? It's a conundrum in my head at the moment. Really don't want it to seem like I withheld information.

@legalfalcon would appreciate your thoughts on this too?

My timeline is below:

FSW-O
AOR October 2020
Citizenship Nigeria
COR Qatar
Primary VO: Ottawa
Upfront Remed: 28 February 2022
Remed Update: 26 March 2022

naveenjohn94

Jun 4, 2020
@naveenjohn94
I finally got an email today with the tracking ID and a note saying that it has been dispatched to the IRCC office on Wed Mar 30, 2022 for processing.
Did you get any updates for your passport since the 25th?
Got one on March 28 that said that it has been received and is under process at IRCC office. The dispatch email was on March 25

Amendosmith

Mar 18, 2022
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
08-10-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2022
VISA ISSUED...
18-04-2022
Got one on March 28 that said that it has been received and is under process at IRCC office. The dispatch email was on March 25
Great! We are now both in the same processing stage. My package was also received by IRCC on March 31 and is currently under process. Hope we hear something back this week.
Please update when you hear that IRCC has made a decison and returned the package to VFS. I'll do the same.

SabtainAkram

Feb 19, 2018
Hi, Guys Here is my Timeline:

AOR -Oct 2020
ReMed Request- Feb 8th, 2022 - Passed Feb 10, 2020
ADR Rec - Schedule A and Additional Family - Submitted, Feb 19th
Everything is received but no response after that.

Do we have an idea for the ADR people after ReMed how long does it take to go to the next step? My friend had his Med done after me and he had not only got the PPR but also COPR as well., he didn't get any ADR. How does the system works, should I send a reminder to IRCC through Webform.

DaporDapor

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
Hi, Guys Here is my Timeline:

AOR -Oct 2020
ReMed Request- Feb 8th, 2022 - Passed Feb 10, 2020
ADR Rec - Schedule A and Additional Family - Submitted, Feb 19th
Everything is received but no response after that.

Do we have an idea for the ADR people after ReMed how long does it take to go to the next step? My friend had his Med done after me and he had not only got the PPR but also COPR as well., he didn't get any ADR. How does the system works, should I send a reminder to IRCC through Webform.
I got ADR last week and was excited, thought maybe things are finally moving and then realized ADR doesn't mean PPR is close. Some people have submitted ADR three months ago and nothing has changed.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi everyone, please I have a question for some advise. After waiting endlessly since Oct 2020, I finally got ADR today for Schedule A. I've lived in Nigeria all my life but on March 1st 2022, I left to Qatar to start a new job. I did not update my address with webform as I am still staying in a hotel but I have now eventually found an apartment which I'll move into by 7th April.

My question is, do I send a webform to IRCC informing them of my change of address now? or submit webform on 7th April when I'll actually move in? Should I do this before I submit the Schedule A? Because I need to put my most current address there. Or do I send the Schedule A and update address with webform thereafter? It's a conundrum in my head at the moment. Really don't want it to seem like I withheld information.

@legalfalcon would appreciate your thoughts on this too?

My timeline is below:

FSW-O
AOR October 2020
Citizenship Nigeria
COR Qatar
Primary VO: Ottawa
Upfront Remed: 28 February 2022
Remed Update: 26 March 2022
Submit it when you actually move.

Reactions: cool14
Sep 16, 2021
Hi
A couple of questions-
1, Got my COPR... Can I do a soft landing and come back the same day to the US? Or
2. After my H1b gets approved, can I get it stamped in Canada? I know the PR card takes anywhere between 4-6 months to be issued, so can I use my copr again to re-enter Canada? Or do I need to go to my home country to get it (H1b) stamped?
Anyone who has done this? Legal Falcon! Help!

Amendosmith

Mar 18, 2022
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
08-10-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2022
VISA ISSUED...
18-04-2022
Hi
A couple of questions-
1, Got my COPR... Can I do a soft landing and come back the same day to the US? Or
2. After my H1b gets approved, can I get it stamped in Canada? I know the PR card takes anywhere between 4-6 months to be issued, so can I use my copr again to re-enter Canada? Or do I need to go to my home country to get it (H1b) stamped?
Anyone who has done this? Legal Falcon! Help!
Hello, I could be wrong so I'd suggest you also hear from others but here are my thoughts
1. Yes you can soft land, but please check if COPR is good for multiple entry (If it is then you are good until the COPR expiry date to re-enter). If it is not you'll have to apply for another Travel Doc to re-enter canada. https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=064&top=10
2. You can get H1-B stamped in Canada, but as of now the visa dates in Ottowa are available in October 2022 (I've been looking at the availablity for myself just in case).

If I were in your situation, I'd do soft landing and return and when the PR card arrives, I would ask a friend to hand it over at the border for me. I read somewhere that it should not be done that way. You can also apply for PRTD again to reenter and collect the PR card if COPR land entry is not multiple entry visa.

These are solely my thoughts and there may be others that may already have faced your same situation and can provide other inputs.

Last edited:

Satnamwahe

Jan 10, 2021
Hello, I could be wrong so I'd suggest you also hear from others but here are my thoughts
1. Yes you can soft land, but please check if COPR is good for multiple entry (If it is then you are good until the COPR expiry date to re-enter). If it is not you'll have to apply for another Travel Doc to re-enter canada. https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=064&top=10
2. You can get H1-B stamped in Canada, but as of now the visa dates in Ottowa are available in October 2022 (I've been looking at the availablity for myself just in case).

If I were in your situation, I'd do soft landing and return and when the PR card arrives, I would ask a friend to hand it over at the border for me. I read somewhere that it should not be done that way. You can also apply for PRTD again to reenter and collect the PR card if COPR land entry is not multiple entry visa.

These are solely my thoughts and there may be others that may already have faced your same situation and can provide other inputs.
Thank you so much!

chaz_dance

Star Member
Jan 14, 2021
I am living in Canada on a temporary work perim. As there is no predicting when I when I will get COPR, what happens if I am out of the country when it is issued?

Sep 16, 2021

Also, my H1b petition hasn't been approved yet.. Can I re-enter US after a soft landing in Canada??

Amendosmith

Mar 18, 2022
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
08-10-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2022
VISA ISSUED...
18-04-2022
Also, my H1b petition hasn't been approved yet.. Can I re-enter US after a soft landing in Canada??
There is something called AVR rule to enter Canada/Mexico only from USA and return to USA without any visa stamping within 30 days.
Please see if this situation is applicable to you at https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/visa-expiration-date/auto-revalidate.html and https://help.cbp.gov/s/article/Article-1218?language=en_US