caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Outlanders with expired COPRs are reporting that they are getting emails from IRCC about whether they still want to immigrate to Canada and requesting for new medicals, PCCs etc. IRCC is giving ultimatums that if applicants don’t respond their application will be closed.
@legalfalcon your views? After processing delays on IRCC end do you think this is fair?

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/copr-and-coronavirus.681880/post-9279644
Fair or not, that is the current process and any concerns can be highlighted as many are doing so in the form of petitions, tweets, etc.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Outlanders with expired COPRs are reporting that they are getting emails from IRCC about whether they still want to immigrate to Canada and requesting for new medicals, PCCs etc. IRCC is giving ultimatums that if applicants don’t respond their application will be closed.
@legalfalcon your views? After processing delays on IRCC end do you think this is fair?

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/copr-and-coronavirus.681880/post-9279644
IRCC has to ask applicants before they start issuing renewed COPRs about the intention of the applicant. Some applicants have just given up on immigration to Canada, so it makes no point to renew their documents.

Also, to reduce workload IRCC has to process documents for only those who are still interested and willing to move to Canada. There have been petitions that were filed before the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Citizenship and Immigration, and one of the demand was that applicants who are waiting for a decision be given a decision, and other who have a COPR but could not travel due to restrictions be provided an assurance and alternative means to get the COPR renewed.

In is in furtherance of this that IRCC is sending our emails and will be issuing new renewed documents for those still interested.

Reactions: shank15

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you for your response. But, why does it says that our records show a decision was recently made on an application?
Thank you
The email is a generic one, it could be that a decision has been made. You can call IRCC or send a webform and ask.

LOVISH361

Dec 5, 2020
FSW(O) (UAE)
AOR = 28th October
ADR = 3rd December(IMM5406)
MEP/BIL = 4th December
Hi All

I received below reply from ircc for my Web webform:-
  • Your application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.
  • Your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification has not been initiated.
Does this mean my eligibility is passed?

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
Hi All

• Your application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.
  • Your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied.
Hi All

Probably. But recommended pass though

VVV62

Star Member
Feb 11, 2021
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
26-11-2020
Hi All

Hi!
Could you specify: did you use this web form? And how many days did the answer take?
Had you already known the VO processing your application before you sent the inquiry?

Sorry for the questions above. I, personally, sent the same (I suppose) inquiry where I asked for the current status and the stages my application had successfully passed. I didn't know the VO, so I chose "Processing centre in Canada". It was about 10 days ago. No answer has been received. I was thinking that they wouldn't answer because 6 months haven't still passed since my AOR.

LOVISH361

Dec 5, 2020
Hi!
Could you specify: did you use this web form? And how many days did the answer take?
Had you already known the VO processing your application before you sent the inquiry?

Sorry for the questions above. I, personally, sent the same (I suppose) inquiry where I asked for the current status and the stages my application had successfully passed. I didn't know the VO, so I chose "Processing centre in Canada". It was about 10 days ago. No answer has been received. I was thinking that they wouldn't answer because 6 months haven't still passed since my AOR.
It too almost 3 weeks for them to reply for my Webform. Before this I had no idea about my VO or status of application.

Reactions: Maha98743 and VVV62

kakashiHatake

Mar 30, 2021
Any ideas why people who have applied in January 2021 getting COPRs this week? Two of my friends have got it, CEC inland. I understand people have their applications stuck since February 2020 and people applying this year getting COPRs in two three months?

Fatyma123

May 31, 2018
Any ideas why people who have applied in January 2021 getting COPRs this week? Two of my friends have got it, CEC inland. I understand people have their applications stuck since February 2020 and people applying this year getting COPRs in two three months?
Woahh, that's kinda unfair. But there must be something that is being missed out on. Not too sure how that's even possible..

dhruvbajaj39

Feb 19, 2021
IRCC trying to meet its targets where they can and showcase to stakeholders it’s “new speed”

shank15

Mar 3, 2020
These applications are being processed at accra.