Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
I got a question, a bit off the main topic here, but its still something that all of us are eagerly waiting for, so patiently

For all those, who have recently travelled within the last 2 months or so, after waiting for so long and endless uncertainties, calling n mailing ircc, how does it feel to be finally there, your new home.:)

The Covid situation does not seem intent of relaxing itself, so what are the challenges you are facing?

Do you feel settled or are you faced with a different range of uncertainties?

thanks in advance for responding.

Reactions: Newuser2021

shivathej

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I got the below email from IRCC today.

URGENT: IRCC requires your action or response immediately

Please select one of the following two options:

Option 1: Confirm that you plan to travel to Canada before the validity date above. If you choose this option, you will be sent a request to submit your passport (which must be valid until at least the date above) to IRCC for physical reissuance of your CoPR (and your PR visa, if you are a citizen of a visa required country). Your CoPR will be annotated to indicate that it is a replacement for a document issued on or before March 18, 2020. If you select this option, you must use your re-issued CoPR and PR visa before the validity date printed on the new documents expires. If you do not use them before they expire, you will need to submit a new application if you want to immigrate to Canada in the future.

Option 2: Do another medical examination. If you select this option, you will be sent a request to do new medicals (at your own expense) within NINETY (90) calendar days. Your new medicals will be valid for 12 months from the date of your new examination. When we receive your updated medical results, we will assess whether any other information needs to be updated to re-issue your CoPR(s). If you (and your dependants, if applicable) continue to meet all statutory requirements, we will send you a request to submit your passport(s) for physical reissuance of your documents, which you will need to use before they expire.

Can someone who has received similar mail help understand timelines in case I chose Option 1.Also if I understand correctly this is not AL ?

I am pre Mar 2020 COPR which expired in Jun 2020 and Visa Office is NDVO

Thank you!
After this email have got any update in gckey account

Hand

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
I called up IRCC and they told me since my file is being processed by an office outside Canada, they cannot tell me if they've recieved my email. And also, since I responded just yesterday, it's too early for the system to reflect the same. They said it happens sometimes that you do not get an acknowledgement and my best course of action is to wait till I hear back from IRCC. They said I shouldn't be resending the email just because I did not get any acknowledgement.

I'm worried because if they haven't received my email, my application could be closed for good in the next 10 days.
U will get auto reply of email when u reply the same mail with same email id. When u forward email auto reply is not there. As per my observation

Reactions: tusa47 and pavie24

sibhi8

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
no my VO is ABuDhabi - i did not request for AL as i was not ready to travel within the medical extension period - i opted for new copr which i am waiting for to be issued.
Hi.. May I know your country of residence and your AOR please? I live in Dubai so wondering if my file will be moved to the Abu Dhabi VO. When was your file moved to Abu Dhabi VO?

Ann Mendez

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Hi all,
Need an urgent help. I am an expired Copr holder. We got our remedial request and completed the medical test on March 13th.
My query is that, my daughter's passport is expiring on April 25th 2021 ie next month. In case we get our AL by the coming weeks,will we be able to travel to Canada, or will they stop us at immigration as my daughter's passport is expiring? Does a passport need few months of validity?
Please give your suggestions

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017
Hello i got an email yetserday from IRCC- DO ypu stIll want to travel with following action needed

I hope they send the medical requests soon, they also mentioned not to do upfront medicals as it can cause delays and iunnecessary additional actions
Action needed:
If you and your family members (if applicable) are still interested in immigrating to Canada and you would like us to reopen and reassess your application, please reply to this email at IRCC.IN-RROC-CORR-RI.IRCC@cic.gc.ca before March 25, 2021 and answer the questions using the response letter template below.
After responding, wait for further instructions from us before redoing your medical examination. We will send you the necessary medical form(s).
Once we have sent you the forms, you will have 30 days to do your medical, advise us by email that it has been done, and provide any requested documents. Please note that the results of your new medical examination will be valid for 12 months.

Important: Do not do an up-front medical examination. Completing a new medical examination before IRCC asks you to will delay processing, and may lead to you spending more money to do a new one later on.

Your Application:
Since your CoPR(s) expired without being used, you do not currently have a valid PR visa and your application for permanent residence is closed.
If you confirm that you are still interested in immigrating to Canada and that you would like your application to be re-assessed, IRCC will do the following on a one-time exceptional basis:

• Reopen your application and review it to determine whether any additional or updated documents are needed to confirm that you (and your family members, if applicable) still meet the statutory requirements for (a) permanent resident visa(s).
  • Send you new medical forms and instructions, and also a request letter if we require more information or updated documents (e.g. valid passport, updated police certificate(s), updated screening forms).
  • Review your application to confirm whether you still meet the requirements for a PR visa.
  • If you still meet the requirements: re-issue your PR visa(s), which you will need to use before the new expiry date.
If you request that we reopen and re-assess your application IRCC must determine whether you continue to meet the requirements to be issued a Permanent Resident Visa. If you, or your family member(s) do not now meet those requirements (e.g. you are now inadmissible to Canada), your application could be refused.

If you wish to immigrate to Canada in the future, but have not replied to this message, you will need to re-apply for permanent residence, pay the required fees, and meet any requirements in effect at the time of your new application.

If you choose not to have your file re-assessed at this time, and instead you let this permanent residence application remain closed, this decision will not have a negative impact on a new application which you may make in the future.

Please respond to this email only if you would like to have your application re-opened and re-assessed.
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Template for you to use when responding to IRCC
To: IRCC.IN-RROC-CORR-RI.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

I am confirming that I (and my family members, if applicable) remain interested in immigrating to Canada, and that I (we) would like our application to be reopened and reassessed.

I also confirm that I (we) will redo my (our) immigration medical examination (IMEs), provide any updated information needed to re-assess my (our) application, and intend to travel to Canada within the validity period of any new confirmation of permanent resident (CoPR) document(s) issued.

Please find my answers below:

Information about my application
  • Primary applicant family name(s):
    (Your answer here)
  • Primary applicant given name(s):
    (Your answer here)
  • Application number:
  • Class of application:
  • Primary applicant citizenship:
    (Your answer here)
  • Current country of residence:
    (Your answer here)
  • Date your CoPR/PR visa expired:
    (Your answer here)
  • Full names of family members (including your spouse and dependent children) who are planning to travel to Canada with you, as well as the full names of any non-accompanying dependants:
    (Your answer here)
Please also include any other updated information about your or your family’s situation which could affect your application – for example, information about any new passport that has been issued to you, new dependants, any changes to family configuration due to marriage, divorce, birth, etc., as well as any information that could impact your admissibility to Canada such as new criminal charges or convictions.

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
Hello i got an email yetserday from IRCC- DO ypu stIll want to travel with following action needed

I hope they send the medical requests soon, they also mentioned not to do upfront medicals as it can cause delays and iunnecessary additional actions
Action needed:

Once we have sent you the forms, you will have 30 days to do your medical, advise us by email that it has been done, and provide any requested documents. Please note that the results of your new medical examination will be valid for 12 months.

Important: Do not do an up-front medical examination. Completing a new medical examination before IRCC asks you to will delay processing, and may lead to you spending more money to do a new one later on.

Your Application:

If you confirm that you are still interested in immigrating to Canada and that you would like your application to be re-assessed, IRCC will do the following on a one-time exceptional basis:

• Reopen your application and review it to determine whether any additional or updated documents are needed to confirm that you (and your family members, if applicable) still meet the statutory requirements for (a) permanent resident visa(s).
  • Send you new medical forms and instructions, and also a request letter if we require more information or updated documents (e.g. valid passport, updated police certificate(s), updated screening forms).
  • Review your application to confirm whether you still meet the requirements for a PR visa.
  • If you still meet the requirements: re-issue your PR visa(s), which you will need to use before the new expiry date.
If you request that we reopen and re-assess your application IRCC must determine whether you continue to meet the requirements to be issued a Permanent Resident Visa. If you, or your family member(s) do not now meet those requirements (e.g. you are now inadmissible to Canada), your application could be refused.

If you wish to immigrate to Canada in the future, but have not replied to this message, you will need to re-apply for permanent residence, pay the required fees, and meet any requirements in effect at the time of your new application.

If you choose not to have your file re-assessed at this time, and instead you let this permanent residence application remain closed, this decision will not have a negative impact on a new application which you may make in the future.

Sincerely,

I am confirming that I (and my family members, if applicable) remain interested in immigrating to Canada, and that I (we) would like our application to be reopened and reassessed.

I also confirm that I (we) will redo my (our) immigration medical examination (IMEs), provide any updated information needed to re-assess my (our) application, and intend to travel to Canada within the validity period of any new confirmation of permanent resident (CoPR) document(s) issued.

(Your answer here)
    (Your answer here)
  • Application number:
  • Class of application:
    (Your answer here)
    (Your answer here)
    (Your answer here)
  • Full names of family members (including your spouse and dependent children) who are planning to travel to Canada with you, as well as the full names of any non-accompanying dependants:
    (Your answer here)
Please also include any other updated information about your or your family’s situation which could affect your application – for example, information about any new passport that has been issued to you, new dependants, any changes to family configuration due to marriage, divorce, birth, etc., as well as any information that could impact your admissibility to Canada such as new criminal charges or convictions.
This is BS. Ppl have been waiting for months because of he virus and IRCC' handling of it, and now they come back like they're making us a one time favor by "reopening" our cases which were never supposed to be closed as per their own words? :rolleyes:

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017
Seriously after replying to them on their 4 pointer email and sending n numbers of rtt webforms they have audacity to give us an ultimatum ? By the way how are we supposed to know how long now will they take to even reasses and send us required medical forms etc... this is utter nonsense

Reactions: pavie24

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020

Action needed:

Your Application:

Sincerely,

(Your answer here)
    (Your answer here)
  • Application number:
  • Class of application:
    (Your answer here)
    (Your answer here)
    (Your answer here)
    (Your answer here)
which VO office is your application in?Did you call the VO office and ask what exactly the situation is?.. Why are they suggesting for reassessment ?

Last edited:

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020

Action needed:

Your Application:

Sincerely,

(Your answer here)
    (Your answer here)
  • Application number:
  • Class of application:
    (Your answer here)
    (Your answer here)
    (Your answer here)
    (Your answer here)
Hello,

Sorry didnt quite understand this - Did they close your application?

Has your COPR expired? What stage where you at when they said your application is closed?

CA98712

Dec 9, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP

Action needed:

Your Application:

Sincerely,

(Your answer here)
    (Your answer here)
  • Application number:
  • Class of application:
    (Your answer here)
    (Your answer here)
    (Your answer here)
    (Your answer here)
when you receved COPR first time and when was it expired

raaz141083

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
I keep getting this email from IRCC:

We need something from you to continue processing your application.

Check your messages to see what we need:

1. Sign in to your account.
2. Click Check full application status under View the applications you submitted.
3. Scroll down to the Messages about your application section.
4. Click on the Subject of the new message to read it.

If you already sent us what we need, it might still be on its way. You can disregard this message. We'll send you a message when we get what you sent us.

I already did my re-medical as they sent IME forms which has been updated in the portal as Passed. Within Documentation they are saying we need additional documents and will send a message about that. I I haven't yet received any document request from them. Finally yesterday I raised a webform very 1st of mine citing I have done my remedical. What other documents they need from me.

Not sure how to interpret this, just worried that one fine day they might say we havent heard from you and close the application.

raaz141083

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Just Now I logged into my profile and saw the message which many of us are getting about choosing from the two options.

Based on this it seems option 1 will give you a new COPR with validity till end of your Medicals/re-medicals. and You can travel within that validity. Am I correct in interpreting it?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RESPONSE REQUIRED WITHIN 10 DAYS : Reissuance of immigration documents

XXXXXXX,
This refers to previous correspondence regarding your application for permanent residence (PR) and
your expired confirmation of PR document (CoPR) and PR visa.

COVID-19 Travel Restrictions:

Travel restrictions, COVID-19 testing requirements, and quarantine requirements are currently in
effect to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in Canada.

You can find more information on current travel restrictions on our website at:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-
covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

Re-Issuance of Permanent Resident Visa:

You previously informed us that you were still interested in travelling to Canada for non-
discretionary reasons (i.e. to live and settle permanently in Canada).

As your original CoPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020, it appears that you currently qualify
for an exemption from the travel restrictions, based on the information you have provided and the
current rules in place.

We have also reviewed your situation and confirmed that it appears you (and your family members, if
applicable) have done (a) new medical examination(s) since your original CoPR(s) expired. The new
expiry date of your medical(s) is: 2022/03/07

(If there is more than one date of expiry for you/any family members, the earliest date is provided
above.)

Documentation to Facilitate Travel to Canada:
Please select one of the following two options:

Option 1: Confirm that you plan to travel to Canada before the validity date above. If you choose
this option, you will be sent a request to submit your passport (which must be valid until at least
the date above) to IRCC for physical reissuance of your CoPR (and your PR visa, if you are a
citizen of a visa required country). Your CoPR will be annotated to indicate that it is a
replacement for a document issued on or before March 18, 2020. If you select this option, you must
use your re-issued CoPR and PR visa before the validity date printed on the new documents expires.
If you do not use them before they expire, you will need to submit a new application if you want to
immigrate to Canada in the future.

Option 2: Do another medical examination. If you select this option, you will be sent a request to
do new medicals (at your own expense) within NINETY (90) calendar days. Your new medicals will be
valid for 12 months from the date of your new examination.
When we receive your updated medical results, we will assess whether any other information needs to
be updated to re-issue your CoPR(s). If you (and your dependants, if applicable) continue to meet
all statutory requirements, we will send you a request to submit your passport(s) for physical
reissuance of your documents, which you will need to use before they expire.

Action required:

If you still intend to come to Canada to become a permanent resident, your action is required now.

You must contact us via the IRCC Webform (https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-
renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx) within ten (10) calendar days to tell us which option you
choose.

In your response, you must also inform us if any of the following applies:
• Your family composition has changed (e.g. birth, marriage, divorce, death)
• Any material facts relevant to your application have changed for you and/or any of
your accompanying or non-accompanying family members since the issuance of your original CoPR (e.g.
marital status, new criminal charges or convictions, change in country of residence, change in
custody arrangements for minor children, change in available settlement funds, etc.)
• You (or any of your family members, if applicable) have obtained a new passport since
the issuance of your original immigrant visa (if yes, attach a scanned copy of the biodata page)
• You (or any of the family members on your application) are already physically in
Canada.

If none of the above applies, you can write: “There have been no changes to any material facts
relating to my application.”

If you do not respond, your application will be permanently closed and you will need to reapply
(and meet any statutory requirements in place at that time) if you want to immigrate to Canada in
the future.

Note: As travel restrictions and guidance can change quickly, it is your responsibility to verify
at the time of your actual travel that you continue to meet any requirements and/or exemptions.

If your plans change and you decide you do not want to live and settle (i.e. establish actual
residence) in Canada when you plan to travel, you will no longer meet the exemption from the
current travel restrictions, and you will not be able to travel to Canada (even if you have a valid
visa) until/unless the travel restrictions change.
Sincerely,
LC

Last edited:
Reactions: BillyWescott