calvinklein

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Received second GCMS today. Had ordered it in feb. File has not been touched after Jan 8. Security still not started.
Keep in mind that the status on your GCMS notes will not be from present day, but from a few days after you have requested it. So you are looking back in time.

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
Keep in mind that the status on your GCMS notes will not be from present day, but from a few days after you have requested it. So you are looking back in time.
My experience : ordered withn IRCC : GCMS notes exctracted 3 days after my request.
Ordered aith CBSA : GCMS notex extracted 3 weeks after request.

amosi

Jan 3, 2018
It seems Aug Sept CEC AORs called and their security is in progress. I feel they are finalizing those months . Not sure same speed for PNPs too. Also, some Oct CEC got PR and it seems they were able to figure out about backlogs

Reactions: stefi2020

dreamercec

Jan 30, 2021
It seems Aug Sept CEC AORs called and their security is in progress. I feel they are finalizing those months . Not sure same speed for PNPs too. Also, some Oct CEC got PR and it seems they were able to figure out about backlogs
I would not count our applications will be done in 180 days. Count more 220-250 the new normal.

jaspersun0106

Jul 13, 2019
Is there anyone tries to contact their area MP to help them to ask for their application? Is this helpful or they also can't do much

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
I managed to talk to an agent on the IRCC and oh boy did I find a cranky one. After putting me on hold for few minutes, he came back and told me you had called a month ago as well. He refused to tell me the status of my application and told me to repeat my previous status which I got to know last time.

After I repeated my previous status, he said why did you call if you already know the status. He told me to check the website next time. I would check the damn website buddy if it had something meaningful on it.

I wanted to say some words to him but I don't know what kind of power they hold over my application.

All I wanted to know was if my eligibility had conclusively passed.

Someone, please reassure me it's all going to be worth it in the end. :rolleyes:
I'm FSW with the exact same AOR date as you. Stop calling them. He has every reason to be upset at you! We've been told in every possible way that FSW apps are going to experience processing delays.

I know it is frustrating. But you calling doesn't help you at all, won't give you any more information, and it wastes IRCC's time, which is why they are changing their menu options.

That hurts people who need to call IRCC (for example CEC applicants with March 2020 AOR whose applications got overlooked - go read that thread for examples)

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
Received second GCMS today. Had ordered it in feb. File has not been touched after Jan 8. Security still not started.
but eligibility and criminality in progress or started?

D

Deleted member 994371

I'm FSW with the exact same AOR date as you. Stop calling them. He has every reason to be upset at you! We've been told in every possible way that FSW apps are going to experience processing delays.

I know it is frustrating. But you calling doesn't help you at all, won't give you any more information, and it wastes IRCC's time, which is why they are changing their menu options.

That hurts people who need to call IRCC (for example CEC applicants with March 2020 AOR whose applications got overlooked - go read that thread for examples)

Hello, IRCC agent who picked up my call :)

Everyone here has put major decisions in their life on hold. I personally want to quit my job where my boss harasses me and move on to something else but I can't do that because it's his name on the reference letter. If I quit and IRCC calls him to verify, he might lie and deny my experience just to spite me. I can't quit until I know my eligibility has conclusively passed. So I put on a nice face every day and put up with bull$hit every single day.

Oh, I know it's going to be a good year or two before I get to step into the dreamland of nice people that is Canada. Trust me when I say I rather not talk to people like him, who feel "annoyed" and "upset" when I call to know the status of something that I paid for, especially when this status can be easily put on their website so that the helpline can be used for actual emergencies. I am in no hurry to step on that plane and can wait for a few years. I just want some answers so that I can plan my life accordingly and put my mind at ease.

You can't take it out on FSW-O people and blame us for IRCC incompetence and their f****d up system. The people working in the call center aren't the one approving the applications anyway.

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
Hello, IRCC agent who picked up my call :)

Everyone here has put major decisions in their life on hold. I personally want to quit my job where my boss harasses me and move on to something else but I can't do that because it's his name on the reference letter. If I quit and IRCC calls him to verify, he might lie and deny my experience just to spite me. I can't quit until I know my eligibility has conclusively passed. So I put on a nice face every day and put up with bull$hit every single day.

Oh, I know it's going to be a good year or two before I get to step into the dreamland of nice people that is Canada. Trust me when I say I rather not talk to people like him, who feel "annoyed" and "upset" when I call to know the status of something that I paid for, especially when this status can be easily put on their website so that the helpline can be used for actual emergencies. I am in no hurry to step on that plane and can wait for a few years. I just want some answers so that I can plan my life accordingly and put my mind at ease.

You can't take it out on FSW-O people and blame us for IRCC incompetence and their f****d up system. The people working in the call center aren't the one approving the applications anyway.
I'm sorry you're in a bad spot. I hope your application is approved as soon as possible! I'm fairly pessimistic in general (as you can see) but I think you are quite likely to get to Canada within a year...

Hard to get upset at IRCC when their system is pretty clearly the best in the world. That doesn't mean its perfect but we're all lucky to have this opportunity, and IRCC owes us nothing. It's probably in your best interest to not call too often - I think people here overestimate the difference between call center and application processing - especially with the change to give UCI number, it is quite possible that they are keeping track of how many times an applicant calls.

Sunshinegirl6

Feb 24, 2021
I managed to talk to an agent on the IRCC and oh boy did I find a cranky one. After putting me on hold for few minutes, he came back and told me you had called a month ago as well. He refused to tell me the status of my application and told me to repeat my previous status which I got to know last time.

After I repeated my previous status, he said why did you call if you already know the status. He told me to check the website next time. I would check the damn website buddy if it had something meaningful on it.

I wanted to say some words to him but I don't know what kind of power they hold over my application.

All I wanted to know was if my eligibility had conclusively passed.

Someone, please reassure me it's all going to be worth it in the end. :rolleyes:
This just sounds like u have read my mind! Your experience +application status is exactly like mine. Hoping to hear the positive news soon

D

Deleted member 994371

I'm sorry you're in a bad spot. I hope your application is approved as soon as possible! I'm fairly pessimistic in general (as you can see) but I think you are quite likely to get to Canada within a year...

Hard to get upset at IRCC when their system is pretty clearly the best in the world. That doesn't mean its perfect but we're all lucky to have this opportunity, and IRCC owes us nothing. It's probably in your best interest to not call too often - I think people here overestimate the difference between call center and application processing - especially with the change to give UCI number, it is quite possible that they are keeping track of how many times an applicant calls.
I disagree. I know immigration is not a "right" but a privilege but let's say if you had bought a car, aren't you owed a warranty and some sort of assurance that it will work right at least for some time? We have all paid our fees (which is around 1500$) so we are at least owed a response to our application. It's our fees that pay their salaries. If it weren't for us, they wouldn't have their jobs.

We are all just workers bees to them who will come into their country and start paying taxes so that the old people in Canada can retire and they will keep receiving their pensions from their government. Look up the median age of Canada and their pension plan. Most of the people that step into their country through this program will earn their keep and more.

I hate it when people start defending the IRCC agents like they are some angels with wings who can't be disturbed from the precious work of saving people trying to escape their third-world lives. They are just people doing their jobs. It's time instead of blaming ourselves, we address -- or at least blame the real problem - which is IRCC. In a time when everything and everyone has moved online, it just screams incompetence when they say they are working in a limited capacity. And if they know they haven't cleared the backlog of the last year and a half, why are they piling on the workload with 35,000 more invites in the last month? I shouldn't have to call them to know the most basic information of the application which is the status. If they know these are unprecedented times and everyone is calling them for it, why not just display the damn information on their website instead of showing cryptic messages? The information will be available to the user GCMS notes anyway.

I refused to be treated like trash, even if that means ranting on a forum like this.

Blame IRCC and not each other. It's ironic that most of us are spending time and money for this charade to escape from our third-world countries and our lack of system, only to deal with an organization that's run like one as well.