+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>OCTOBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

jaspersun0106

Jul 13, 2019
Yes , it's sad :(

Sydney office mostly deal with PNP and FSW , and they supposed to focus more on INLAND peeps, but neither inland and outland get PR these days.
My question is, nobody can just estimate how many application left ( and connect with CBSA and other departments)and give us approx timeline for approval ?? If IRCC just say wait for 3 more months and then you will get your pr , eventually i can plan for my life.
Agreed, I'm planning to move to another city and back to university maybe this fall. But my application stuck in the last step.

Reactions: amosi

cmingles

Star Member
May 2, 2019
Hi! Asking for advice!

I have just submitted Schedule A a few days ago as it was asked for additional document. In the form, it was asking for my mothers family name and given name at the time of birth but Ive just realized hat I have written my Mother's family name after marriage. Should I submit a webform for this?

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
Hi! Asking for advice!

I have just submitted Schedule A a few days ago as it was asked for additional document. In the form, it was asking for my mothers family name and given name at the time of birth but Ive just realized hat I have written my Mother's family name after marriage. Should I submit a webform for this?
Your mother’s family name is her name after marriage.

cmingles

Star Member
May 2, 2019
Your mother’s family name is her name after marriage.
In the form it was asking for "Family name at birth" so I shouldve put my Mother's maiden name I believe? I'm just wondering if this would be a big deal and should submit a webform for it.

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
In the form it was asking for "Family name at birth" so I shouldve put my Mother's maiden name I believe? I'm just wondering if this would be a big deal and should submit a webform for it.
Oh sorry I never knew it.
For EE they ask just family name. I guess it’s ok. I don’t think they check anything about your parents anyways.

Reactions: cmingles

Ikepo8

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
15 October 2020
I think you should send a webform to correct it. You never know the implication till maybe a few years down the line. It won’t cost you anything to send a webform.

cmingles

Star Member
May 2, 2019
I think you should send a webform to correct it. You never know the implication till maybe a few years down the line. It won’t cost you anything to send a webform.
Thank you! Just another question, the form was required to be submitted only until March 20th, and I did submit it on March 16th. Will there be any problem if I send a webform for replacement of that document since its already March 21st?

Ikepo8

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
15 October 2020
Thank you! Just another question, the form was required to be submitted only until March 20th, and I did submit it on March 16th. Will there be any problem if I send a webform for replacement of that document since its already March 21st?
I think, do it as quickly as possible.

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
Hi everyone,
It seems like IRCC is communicating a delay going on in the Permanent Residency program because of Covid-19. Through the website Immitracker I found out for recent applications from outside of Canada it is taking about 240 days average. That's at least 3 more months from average October AOR date, does anyone know average time for US applicants? I have a possible job offer but the Work Permit is expected right now to be about 5+ months; so maybe PR is a quicker option. Anyone else in the same situation?
Good luck on your pursuits!
I applied for both in 2020 from the US. Received my work permit in November after ~5 months processing. October AOR for Express Entry.

What we know:
- Per IRCC, average processing time for FSW apps in 2019 was 9 months. So there were already slowdowns before covid
- The 240 days you calculated from Immitracker is not representative because most FSW apps are stuck in limbo and are not being processed at all
- There are no indications from Immitracker or this forum that US FSW apps are being processed faster than average... we're stuck in limbo like the rest

My guess:
There is every reason to expect FSW processing time will be longer than 9 months for FSW applicants from the US with AORs in the second half of 2020.

We will be lucky if we don't have to give re-medicals... if you want to hope for 12 months I think that is a realistic "best case" if IRCC accelerates FSW processing when the border reopening plan is put in place - likely this summer/fall.

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
You can if you want to. But it’s not a big deal. I made the same mistake.

Reactions: cmingles