NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Done....
07-12-2020
Hi guys
I called Ircc and hot to know eligibility criminal background everything passed but no further update i called them last week. My Aor is 27 oct, VO is vancouver. Any idea about vancouver Vo

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
Hi guys
I called Ircc and hot to know eligibility criminal background everything passed but no further update i called them last week. My Aor is 27 oct, VO is vancouver. Any idea about vancouver Vo
Wow! When was the last time you called them and what have been updated?

hlp

Star Member
Feb 19, 2021
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Done....
07-12-2020
Wow! When was the last time you called them and what have been updated?
Noting updated in profile...i called last friday and got to know

Reactions: stefi2020

kgrajiv

Mar 21, 2019
Thank you!
1. No, it wasn't. Background check has been "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." since AOR and never changed. Yesterday, when application was approved, it was transformed to "January 26, 2021 Your background check was completed.".
2. Ukraine.
Congratulations, good news. Keep us updated on your PR Card issue.

Last edited:

swapanathorat

Apr 5, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
9 Oct 2020
Med's Request
07-09-2021
Med's Done....
20-0-1981
Thank you!
1. No, it wasn't. Background check has been "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." since AOR and never changed. Yesterday, when application was approved, it was transformed to "January 26, 2021 Your background check was completed.".
2. Ukraine.
Thank you.. Good luck

Reactions: NickolayG

kgrajiv

Mar 21, 2019
sorry to bother you. Just one more question. I know PNP gives you 600, but you still need to meet CEC requirements if I am not wrong. That means 1 year full time work experience in Canada. The travels to the USA does not affect that 'work time experience in canada'? Do you have more than one year?
CEC experience mandate 1 year experience and employment in Canada not sure if it mandates 1 year physical presence in Canada. I work as a FTE and my travel is a day or two business trip.

@legalfalcon you can confirm the same, I have submitted my AoR waiting for a month to ensure my physical presence for 380+ days. Can't take chances on my case.

Only drawback is my case is not even started for Eligibility check!, have to wait for few more weeks/months I guess!!

Jheez

Feb 19, 2021
@legalfalcon

At what stage does IRCC verify employment and validate 'Arranged Employment', do they call the employers to confirm? My line manager is in NYC and I am on NYC office payroll working out of Canada, I came here on ITC, under the global mobility policy about one and half years back. The company in Canada is more like a hosting company but my offer letter was signed by the Managing Partner here. Will they call the Canada office or the NYC office?

Reactions: khush.sib

leobeni

Star Member
Dec 19, 2019
The Note 2 is the completeness check note, i.e. R10

R87 pertains to Provincial Nominee Class eligibility criteria
R76 refers to Minimum number of points required.
R75 refers to the MEC for FSW, i..e 67 points In your case the assessment has been Min required FSW Score: 67 Total FSW Points Assessed: 53

Q1. It does not matter how many documents you provide, what matters is that the documents helps you meet the criteria.
Q2. If you answered yes to a stat question, you will have RR for it. As long as you have disclosed it, you need not worry.
Q3. See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html

And compare how much you score. You have to get at least 67 out of 100 to be eligible under FSW and PNP.

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

There are just some of the scenarios.

Thanks @legalfalcon for your inputs!!

Yes, I did provide exhaustive documents as evidence for Employment along with Notarized Reference letter from colleague. Considering the same was accepted by SINP and got nominated, are there greater chances of this being even accepted by IRCC officer?

My FSW Points Calculation
Education: 23 (Masters)
English Skills: 23 CLB8 (LRWS-8, 8.5, 6.5, 8.5)
Experience: 15 (6 or more yrs)
Adaptability: 5 (Spouse CLB7.5)
Arranged Employment: 0
——————————
FSW Score: 73
——————————

Per GCMS notes, FSW Points Assessed: 53. In my case, this is possible only when 'Employment' & 'Adaptability' points are NOT considered. Is the assumption correct that till Employment Review is not completed, those 15 points will not be added to FSW Points?

But why are Adaptability points not added yet? I have included Spouse's IELTS along w Educational docs. Do I need to submit that again via webform?

Also, I have my aunt (by blood relation) in Canada. In my case, can I still show that and claim additional 5 points for Adaptability towards FSW Score? If yes, how to get it done?

Appreciate your guidance!

Thank you...

Reactions: dreamercec

nikhil243

Jan 17, 2021
Waterloo
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-10-2020
Med's Done....
28-11-2020
Just called IRCC today.

Eligibility - Not started
Criminality - In progress
Security - Not started

Now I'm quite nervous that Eligibility hasn't started yet :oops:
Even I am in the same boat. Just criminality passed everything else not started.

amosi

Jan 3, 2018
It's really strange process , Oct AORs somebody got PR, somebody stuck in security stage , someone not started most of things, someone all passed but not PR yet and many other situations. If website show accurate information , we can figure out why , but we need to call many times or order notes (get it after months) to just get that info.
Why something that agent (on phone) can see and I cannot ???

kgrajiv

Mar 21, 2019
Can someone tell me what is Review Required - Client Information? This is what is captured in the Notes towards end just after R10 : Recommended OK.

I also seen this explicitly called as Review Required for Client Information in the middle of GCMS Notes where all the attachment documents are included. Most of them are either blank or checked except this one.

FYI, my eligibility is not started but this comment is just after R10 : OK

One more area I observed is the Association section .

My association section is with Organization and below are the contents :

Organization & Entities : 1
creation date : XXX
Created by : xxxx
Amount in CAD : Blank
Org/Entity ID : XXXXX
Name : Triage Criteria - Admissibility
Type = Organization
Sub Type = Other
Other Sub Type Descrip - DN Statistics
Contact Famile Name : Blank
Contact Given Names : Blank
Other Reason Description : Triage factor
Expire Date : Blank
Effective Date : 2020/12/10

Is there something missing in my primary documentation? Is there something pending on my information or company information. Should I include the details of the same in Webform.

Our company changed their Headquarters from one office to another just before pendamic. Is the Triage factor is because of this?

I had refusal of my BCPNP in 2019 as I was working in client location where as they wanted an registered office there as a result my application was refused. I have mentioned this as well in my applications.

@legalfalcon , @caipsnotes can you pls. advise

Last edited:

leobeni

Star Member
Dec 19, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon

I rec'd GCMS notes yesterday ordered from CBSA a month ago via GETGCMS. Request you to review & guide on the next steps!

=====GCMS Notes Extract ======
ASSESSMENTS
  • Eligibility: Review Required
  • Security: Not Started
  • Criminality: In Progress
  • Medical: Passed
  • Info Sharing: In Progress

NOTES: 1
REVIEW TYPE:
A11.2 CASE PROCESSING AGENT APPLICATION: ZZZZZZ REGULATION: PNP: FSW… RECOMMENDATION: ***Review REQUIRED by Officer***
***Please Review RE Lead statement and duties edoc ZZZZZZ
*** Please Review information regarding refusal in notes
A11.2 REVIEW REQUIRED
R87: REVIEW REQUIRED
R75: REVIEW REQUIRED
R76: Selection Criteria – FSW POINTS: REVIEW REQUIRED

EDUCATION CREDENTIAL(S) PROVIDED Master’s Degree, COMPUTER APPLICATIONS R75(2)(A) PRIMARY OCCUPATION: 2171 Information Systems Analysts and Consultants WORK EXPERIENCE 1: ZZZZZ (NOC:2171) for ZZZZZZZZZZZ R75(2) LETTER OF EMPLOYMENT (eDoc# ZZZZ) REVIEW REQUIRED
FSW POINTS: REVIEW REQUIRED
FSW score at ITA: 73 / Min required FSW Score: 67 Total FSW Points Assessed: 53

NOTES: 2
REVIEW TYPE:
Program Assistant APPLICATION# ZZZZZZZZZ …
---- POLICE CERTIFICATE ----
Primary Applicant 1 – USA FBI police certificate: Provided-NRT 2 – India police certificate: Provided-NRT R10 OK Recommendation: Review Required – Statutory Questions
===========================

Background:
  • Category: FSW-O PNP
  • NOC: 2171
  • Expr: 15+ yrs in same IT company (Deputation: US-6yrs, UK-1yr)
  • PNP: SINP nominated (July'20)
Employment Documents:
  • Reference Letter: Got Notarized Reference Letter from colleague as company doesn't issue Reference letter to current employees
  • Additional docs: ID, Offer / Joining / Promotion / Annual Compensation letters, Payslips, Bank statements showing Salary deposits, Tax Returns (India, US, UK), Work Permits (US/UK), Retirement Funds (EPF, Superannuation, 401K), Award Certificates, Appreciations from Client, Sample emails showing communication related to projects with Customers
US Student Visa: Refusal in year 2003 (declared as part of Statutory question)

Question 1: Even after providing so much documentation for current Employment (15+ yrs) and having got nominated by SINP, why still Review Required on Eligibility? I think, I have provided exhaustive documentation to support the Employment claim.

Question 2: Statutory Question: Review Required
After having refused Student Visa in yr 2003, I was granted Employment Visa by USA and worked on deputation for over 6 years. Anything to worry about the Review Required here?

Question 3: FSW score at ITA 73 and FSW Points Assessed: 53. What's causing the assessed points to be at 53?

Appreciate if you can review the GCMS notes and guide on next steps that I should take to satisfy the Officer reviewing the application.

Thank you!
Hi @caipsnotes ...

Appreciate your take on this one as well.

Thanks!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks @legalfalcon for your inputs!!

Yes, I did provide exhaustive documents as evidence for Employment along with Notarized Reference letter from colleague. Considering the same was accepted by SINP and got nominated, are there greater chances of this being even accepted by IRCC officer?

My FSW Points Calculation
Education: 23 (Masters)
English Skills: 23 CLB8 (LRWS-8, 8.5, 6.5, 8.5)
Experience: 15 (6 or more yrs)
Adaptability: 5 (Spouse CLB7.5)
Arranged Employment: 0
——————————
FSW Score: 73
——————————

Per GCMS notes, FSW Points Assessed: 53. In my case, this is possible only when 'Employment' & 'Adaptability' points are NOT considered. Is the assumption correct that till Employment Review is not completed, those 15 points will not be added to FSW Points?

But why are Adaptability points not added yet? I have included Spouse's IELTS along w Educational docs. Do I need to submit that again via webform?

Also, I have my aunt (by blood relation) in Canada. In my case, can I still show that and claim additional 5 points for Adaptability towards FSW Score? If yes, how to get it done?

Appreciate your guidance!

Thank you...
The PNP and IRCC have different rules and laws under which the applications are evaluated for the eligibility criteria. Just because a document was valid for PNP does not make it valid for IRCC, as provincial laws and federal immigration laws are different and thus different requirements. So make sure that the documents submitted to IRCC meet the IRCC criteria.

RR by itself is not an issue, read my post shared earlier.

If you did not claim adaptability points for a close relative in your profile and in your application, you cannot claim them later. You can sure send your documents, but it will be at the discretion of the officer.

Reactions: leobeni

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

At what stage does IRCC verify employment and validate 'Arranged Employment', do they call the employers to confirm? My line manager is in NYC and I am on NYC office payroll working out of Canada, I came here on ITC, under the global mobility policy about one and half years back. The company in Canada is more like a hosting company but my offer letter was signed by the Managing Partner here. Will they call the Canada office or the NYC office?
All verifications are made during eligibility and documents can be screened for fraud and fake during security. Not all employers get called. Verifications are made using open source information, for companies it can be company filings, the incorporation status details etc.

Most calls if made are done to the contact person in your work reference letter.

Reactions: Jheez

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
CEC experience mandate 1 year experience and employment in Canada not sure if it mandates 1 year physical presence in Canada. I work as a FTE and my travel is a day or two business trip.

@legalfalcon you can confirm the same, I have submitted my AoR waiting for a month to ensure my physical presence for 380+ days. Can't take chances on my case.

Only drawback is my case is not even started for Eligibility check!, have to wait for few more weeks/months I guess!!
The criteria states:

• have at least 1 year of skilled work experience in Canada, in the last 3 years before you apply—you can meet this in a few different ways:
    • full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full-time (1,560 hours)
    • equal amount in part-time work: for example 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
      • You can work as many part-time jobs as you need to meet this requirement.
    • full-time work at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
  • have gained your work experience by working in Canada while under temporary resident status with authorization to work
It does not mandate any a physical presence per se, but it is evident from the criteria that you have to be in Canada on a TRV. Work related travel is permitted as long a you were in employment, paid in Canada and on the payroll of the Canadian employer.

Reactions: kgrajiv