+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Our lawyer let us know that our October 2019 file was transferred to London in February. 6 months later, the lawyer received AOR2 on Aug 19, 2020.

However, in between these two points, in mid-July his application status changed from "In Process" to "Application Received."

It has remained in this state since then. Anyone know how accurate this is? Is it just sitting there not in process.

I am assuming we are going to be waiting quite a bit longer even though our year is in 23 days, but I just wondered if anyone else went from application received to decision made or if the in process indication is even accurate.

Thanks!
It isn't terribly accurate but the general flow is that the app is received at the local VO it will change from in process to received. Then once they start processing it, it should change back to in process. I believe that AOR2 on this forum means that they have started working on the app, that is when you will see it say in process again. With that in mind you have not yet received AOR2 until they start processing your app at the LVO. It is progress though, hopefully it will continue.

the 23 days left mean nothing, ignore it.

Nadster85

Oct 24, 2018
It isn't terribly accurate but the general flow is that the app is received at the local VO it will change from in process to received. Then once they start processing it, it should change back to in process. I believe that AOR2 on this forum means that they have started working on the app, that is when you will see it say in process again. With that in mind you have not yet received AOR2 until they start processing your app at the LVO. It is progress though, hopefully it will continue.

the 23 days left mean nothing, ignore it.
I hope to see that it is IN PROCESS soon as it changed to application received back in July and we received the email notification of "AOR2" in August. Or at least what I understood to be AOR2 meaning London Visa Office confirmed they are "going to be" working on it. WHO KNOWS WHEN?

Yeah, I know the 23 days mean nothing. If they meant anything, then you (or primary applicant) would not have received your PR before my husband (according to your timeline, you applied in December and got PR in Apr 2020.) So congratulations!

What I meant by the 23 days was just to give an idea how far we are into the supposed processing time. The promise of processing within twelve months is not the usual unfortunately.

Thanks for helping out and again congratulations! Happy to see your timeline and that you are with your family. I hope all of us soon get good news! :)

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I hope to see that it is IN PROCESS soon as it changed to application received back in July and we received the email notification of "AOR2" in August. Or at least what I understood to be AOR2 meaning London Visa Office confirmed they are "going to be" working on it. WHO KNOWS WHEN?

Yeah, I know the 23 days mean nothing. If they meant anything, then you (or primary applicant) would not have received your PR before my husband (according to your timeline, you applied in December and got PR in Apr 2020.) So congratulations!

What I meant by the 23 days was just to give an idea how far we are into the supposed processing time. The promise of processing within twelve months is not the usual unfortunately.

Thanks for helping out and again congratulations! Happy to see your timeline and that you are with your family. I hope all of us soon get good news! :)
Thank you. We were not LVO which seems to be one of the busiest ones. There were special circumstances that prompted them to issue the PPR during the pandemic, DM had been made but PPR not issued, the Embassy managed to get it to work. We were very lucky.

• Love
Reactions: Nadster85

Nadster85

Oct 24, 2018
Thank you. We were not LVO which seems to be one of the busiest ones. There were special circumstances that prompted them to issue the PPR during the pandemic, DM had been made but PPR not issued, the Embassy managed to get it to work. We were very lucky.
That's awesome though! I hope lots of DMs come soon for the rest of us. Thank you for actually caring to come back and answer questions. I appreciate it!

Anne16

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Philippine
Category........
FAM
Hey all,

My spouse just received Confirmation of Permanent Residency!

Our partial timeline:
Application received Oct 21, 2019
Sponsor Approval and Request for CSQ Dec 10
Biometrics Dec 11 2019
Medical passed Jan 17, 2020
CSQ Received July 7, 2020

Context: I am a Canadian citizen by birth, located in Québec. My spouse's country of origin is Scotland (UK citizen).

Good luck to all, I hope we all hear good news soon. :)

Congrats! Our applications received the same date and VO - October 21, 2019 / Mississauga but I'm from the Philippines. Hoping we receive ours too.

Jyotika_kumar

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Hello. Any one has any updates on their file? Any DM? Anything that will give us some hope that everything will be ok. Please share your timelines. Mine: 17days to go
95%
Bio done
Police clearance done
Additional doc sent
Medical passed last week.

Nadster85

Oct 24, 2018
11 days left until 1 year of processing. We had AOR2 on Aug 19, 2020. Nothing new since. ECAS has said application received since July 24th or so. Since it went to London Visa Office, nothing new has happened. We had medicals, biometrics in December of last year. Also, police certificate was requested with the initial application so hopefully we wont have to get updated ones.

Good luck to everyone! I think we are in for a bit of a longer ride than expected. I hope I am wrong.

Reactions: wbenamara

Jyotika_kumar

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
11 days left until 1 year of processing. We had AOR2 on Aug 19, 2020. Nothing new since. ECAS has said application received since July 24th or so. Since it went to London Visa Office, nothing new has happened. We had medicals, biometrics in December of last year. Also, police certificate was requested with the initial application so hopefully we wont have to get updated ones.

Good luck to everyone! I think we are in for a bit of a longer ride than expected. I hope I am wrong.
I pray you are proved wrong and we get copr soon.