+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Anne16

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Philippine
Category........
FAM
Hello. Any one has any updates on their file? Any DM? Anything that will give us some hope that everything will be ok. Please share your timelines. Mine: 17days to go
95%
Bio done
Police clearance done
Additional doc sent
Medical passed last week.

Hi,

Ours was changed to Decision Made last October 1. Still waiting for their message. Hoping soon before it reach 100% in the next 20 days. For those who were on Decision Made before, how long did it take before you receive your COPR?

Thanks

Jyotika_kumar

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Reasons for interviews range from them wanting to verify minor things or sometimes they ask for more proof of the relationship being genuine to bring with you like more photos, more proof of contact, statements from friends/family acknowledging the relationship, etc.
If they do it remotely and don't ask for evidence, just be on top of things you share with your spouse like anniversaries, birth dates and small things you have in common. Some will ask for the others' birth date just to test you.
I know everything about my husband.his dob and our anniversary dates n all. N since hubby has to spend money on my bthdys n anniversary,he cant forget it even if wants to.. i dont let him forget. Thank u so much

Jyotika_kumar

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
How big of an age gap? Lots of people have age gaps. Hope it does not affect your case. My husband and I are very close in age; he is only 4 years older than me and me and you have similar timelines. Don't worry. ❤
4years is very less compared to mine..i feel a little awkward sharing the age gap here. Please dont misjudge me,i love my husband tooo much and he does too. Our age gap is 21years difference..

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
4years is very less compared to mine..i feel a little awkward sharing the age gap here. Please dont misjudge me,i love my husband tooo much and he does too. Our age gap is 21years difference..
Shouldn't be anything awkward about it, neither me, my wife, our relatives or friends think negatively about it. If they do/did then we probably wouldn't be on good terms these days. Only thing I wonder about is why she always wants to dye my hair!! ;);)

With IRCC not an issue if the relationship is genuine and you have the proof to give them.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi,

Ours was changed to Decision Made last October 1. Still waiting for their message. Hoping soon before it reach 100% in the next 20 days. For those who were on Decision Made before, how long did it take before you receive your COPR?

Thanks
Your DM was Oct 2019? Should have heard from them by now, submit a web form asking about it and order GCSM notes to see what is happening.

Nadster85

Oct 24, 2018
not at all a judgement! My best friend's parents are 19 years apart and they have been married like 38 years and very in love! I think age doesn't really matter as long as the two people are true.

What I meant by mentioning my husband and I being very close in age is that we are also waiting forever lol. I wouldn't worry about your age gap. God Willing everything will be done soon!

Prayers and best of luck to you! :)

Reactions: rrss13

Anne16

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Philippine
Category........
FAM
Your DM was Oct 2019? Should have heard from them by now, submit a web form asking about it and order GCSM notes to see what is happening.
Hi,

I'm sorry, it was September 24 when it was changed from "In Process" to "Decision Made". Therefore, it been a week now. My husband call their support and said to wait for their message through GCKEY.

Thanks

Last edited:

aubi.r

Oct 2, 2020
Hi,

I'm sorry, it was September 24 when it was charged from "In Process" to "Decision Made". Therefore, it been a week now. My husband call their support and said to wait for their message through GCKEY.

Thanks
Where did you see that it said decision made?

Jyotika_kumar

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
not at all a judgement! My best friend's parents are 19 years apart and they have been married like 38 years and very in love! I think age doesn't really matter as long as the two people are true.

What I meant by mentioning my husband and I being very close in age is that we are also waiting forever lol. I wouldn't worry about your age gap. God Willing everything will be done soon!

Thank you so much

Jyotika_kumar

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Earlier, when the counting was nearing a year, and percentage bar was getting filled up slowly slowly,it was a joy. Now its disheartening to see that only 13days left and 4% and no hope when interview will happen.
If its a remote interview they will conduct,then why take so much time for it.
Dont you guys agree?
It will take less than one day ,in my opinion,to set up a secured place for the interview. But they are sleeping on it i guess.

Last edited:

Jyotika_kumar

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020

Can you please share your timeline?

Jyotika_kumar

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
There is on more thing that i read on a post. Regarding red flags. Third world countries, their relationship is more scrutinized than first class. And thats what puts me in a more bad situation. Because fiji islands,my country,is a third world country..
I don't know how true that is and will really appreciate if someone has information about it

Last edited:

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi,

I'm sorry, it was September 24 when it was charged from "In Process" to "Decision Made". Therefore, it been a week now. My husband call their support and said to wait for their message through GCKEY.

Thanks
Only been a week, you should hear more shortly. Congratulations!!

Reactions: Anne16